It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ANON Has Shut Down My Business--Paypal Related

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Gold is king and cash is queen. Digits on your computer screen have always held no worth.
You've made the choice to put your lively hood online, in a single web-site, your obligated to follow their direction.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution-2012
reply to post by Jomina

You make a almost completely valid point, and I'm very sorry for your loss of revenue. As i've previously stated, you should contact your bank and ensure that Paypal is held accountable for your lost revenue. If EVERYONE holds paypal accountable, guess what? They're going to have some big fire on their asses.

However, the shotgun tactic is all that Anon has. Also, it's far less damaging than actually compromising data and information, it just restricts access to the website.

If someone would like to explain how these activists would make a impact otherwise, please.

And do keep in mind, standing out in front of Paypal Inc. with signs would get much less done than temporarily disabling their assets.

Paypal will be loosing out on revenue, also, from this.

Hi, I could have picked any number of posts on here to make my comment, you drew the lucky short straw!!

Most if not all suppliers of a service hold the right to withold service at their discretion - that is their absolute right. If for whatever reason Paypal/Mastercard/Visa have decided to make use of this right then it is absolutely within their right to do so - hmm, a lot of rights in that, but doesn't make it wrong. If the group they were witholding service from was one you found abhorrent, would you still applaud these self crowned hackers/script kiddies actions that affect the businesses that get caught up in the cross fire, or would you applaud the corporations for making a stand?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by etcorngods
reply to post by jibeho

You would probably characterize the acts of the founders -- freedom fighters -- of the USA as "Juvenile Acts".

Now that's funny! Don't even try to place these hacks in the same arena with this nation's founders. Nice try. Our founders are rolling over in their graves right now.

You won't be talking so tough when the swift and heavy hand comes crashing down on your precious cyber world because of these juvenile acts of irresponsibility. If these hackers had any stones at all they would not be hiding behind their array of computer monitors. They would show their faces and address the problem like a mature and rational adult. These people don't realize that there are consequences and innocent victims of their crimes.

I say regulate the snot out of the internet just to prove a point to the likes of a growing number of lemmings on ATS. You don't realize that you have all been played like a cheap Kentucky fiddle.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   
To: thetenthpower

You don't have to be a smart businessman to find alternatives; just have some COMMON SENCE. I too have a family and I NEVER put all my eggs in one basket!

Another reader has offered other alternatives for you and there are so many more out there that will process your sales. Trying getting an electronic merchant vacility with one of the much smaller community banks.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

then what are you doing sitting on here? set up an alternate payment method....you could do that in like an hour.

lmgtfy

edit on 9-12-2010 by MR BOB because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
To very roughly paraphrase Clerks in what I thought was one of the better parts of the movie;

Don't do work for the Death Star. People want to blow up the Death Star. It was blown up once, and the second time it was blown up, presumably with contractors on board. Was it bad that this happened? Probably at some humanist level. Was it good that this happened? Probably at some humanist level.

My point, I suppose if I were to have a point, is that we reap what we sow. And while I absolutely understand that you as an operator of a business have had no say whatsoever in the events that are unfolding, you have aligned yourself (wittingly or no) with a business that wishes to play in the political realm with its client base and financial clout. You were brought along for the ride without your consent, but sometimes that is just how these things go. Ideally, you will look at this situation and move on to another source of monetary transfer. Perhaps enough people will do this same thing to the point where PayPal will learn their lesson (and rightly so) that they have a responsibility not to the governments of the world who got caught with their pants down, but to their client base which puts food on their table. Natural selection is a funny thing, as it is ubiquitous and without prejudice. PayPal is getting selected against at this moment due to its actions within an environment. Should it wish to survive and thrive, it will have to choose to do so within the context of the greater system.

Do I feel badly for you as a business owner? Absolutely. Life is hard enough without some hooligans running around disrupting your income. Do I see the value of Wikileaks in our society, and is it worth hardship? I believe this to be the case, though I have as yet not been directly affected by the actions of they or their online, vigilante supporters. I would like to think that I too will adapt as these events unfold and that I will place my loyalty (in the form of purchasing power) with entities which provide me stability and do not dabble with politics on the side.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Exactly why I didn't and don't support this lame attack against PayPal. They are a legit business who has a RIGHT to reject any client they want for various reasons. I can't even imagine those who rely on PayPal accounts to pay their rent...

Way to go hackers, you douchebags.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   

I run a business using PayPal, and I have had NO problems accepting payment.

And what a way to support a moral and correct view!
Your own financial profit does not come at the expense of global law, freedom and the rights of millions of citizens.

Get a grip!

If you want to blame someone, blame the corporations and your government who have colluded to to destroy public freedoms.

No company should be making such decisions under government pressure, and no government should be manipulating business for their political benefit!!!

People seriously need to grow the hell up and realize what is at risk here. Rather than going off on one about Anon, why are you not angry about the actions of the US government? Why are you not concerned about the freedom of the internet? Why are you not concerned about your government becoming a fascist regime able to silence dissent and original opinion/thought?

Again, your own profit is certainly not more important to me than the freedom of the internet! And the fact that you think it should be shows the complete lack of common sense.

Some people would sell their own grandmother if the price was high enough wouldn't they?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Somehumanbeing

It amazes me how often people will call others "sheep" because others won't follow them. You have your opinions and others have theirs. I, for one, think this whole wikileaks organization should be shut down. Some information is sensitive in nature and is, quite frankly, nobody else's business. I can agree some of this information should be exposed, but not indiscriminately and en masse. There is no way Assange read all the information he disseminated - so really he's just throwing it out there without knowing what he's throwing. You and others may want to make him some sort of folk hero - but to others, like me, he's closer to being a terrorist than a hero. Just my opinion, I respect yours, I hope you can respect mine.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution-2012

Unfortunately, in war there is casualties.

Of course, Anonymous is going to be made out to look like the bad guy, but what they are doing is for justice.

Taking down Paypal won't stop anyone who wants to take away your freedoms. Paypal and everyone else are simply pressured by the government. You should go after the ones who call the shots.

The soldier who follows the orders is not the real bad guy, it's his superior who is giving him the orders.

Originally posted by detachedindividual
If you want to blame someone, blame the corporations and your government who have colluded to to destroy public freedoms.

No company should be making such decisions under government pressure, and no government should be manipulating business for their political benefit!!!

DDoS the government too then.

It's a lose-lose situation for these businesses. They submit, they get the hate of some people. They don't and they lose everything.
The first option is less risky for them.
edit on 9/12/2010 by DGFenrir because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Tothetenthpower:

I am still waiting for your proof that google owns ebay, and therefore paypal.

When will that information be posted?

link   
reply to post by Revolution-2012

Don't blame PayPal, blame Assange and his cronies. Sue their ass' instead!

link   
like i said before, I consider ANON a bunch of terrorists, and if caught, treated as such

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho

Originally posted by etcorngods
reply to post by jibeho

You would probably characterize the acts of the founders -- freedom fighters -- of the USA as "Juvenile Acts".

Our founders are rolling over in their graves right now.

Oh I agree. They're rolling in their graves because of what you have allowed your nation and government to become!

One of the basic principles was that the federal government should be limited, yet Americans have allowed it to grow exponentially, able to kill around the globe, ignore international law, control banks and business, collude with corporations for political gain.... need I go on?

This is a corrupt mess that the people are finally waking up to. Gradually people are seeing just how much control governments have over their lives through corporate interests.

Forget WikiLeaks for one moment and consider the second glaring fact that has been brought to light.
At any moment, for whatever reason, the US government can approach a corporate company that has exclusive control of an important aspect of your life (and the lives of millions of others globally) and take it out or control it.

Government intervention in banking was viewed by many as fascism. But this is a blatant kind of fascism that not one Human on Earth can ignore. The moment a government can control the action of corporations for their own political benefit IT IS MOST DEFINITELY FASCISM!

Without a doubt, the government controlling corporations in the way that we have seen is fascism, and it is global!

What do you people not understand about this? Why is it so hard to grasp. And why is it so difficult to understand the response of the PUBLIC.

Anon are the public. They run businesses and have online interests too. They are regular people just like you and me. And they have chosen to combat fire with fire.

The motto here is Deny Ignorance. For a site like this I expected more.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I believe this is what anon wants.

Paypay hurt wikileaks, in anons eyes, censoring the internet, which anon will not accept. The fact that you were affected is what they want. Global Piss off. Everyone will get mad at paypal, although its anon fault, the business owners like you will sue, and stop using their services, potentially crippling them.

Although i am not affected, i love this. Granted it will pave the way for internet censorship and cyber police, this is anons goal, they want to shoot the first shot, when the govt retaliates, i'm sure the true anon will strike.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
in these days it takes less then 15min to setup an account for a web based sales or a channel for transactions ,

if paypal is down you just add one of the others( must be atleast 100´s of them on the web) to your customer support,

seams kinda un imaginative for an IT firm to cry over such a thing in these days ,

during the time of writing this post i made an account for a paypal like service, see it isnt that hard,

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
As has been stated in this and several other post this could be the justification for the "internet kill switch". I heard a discussion a while back that if the government did a kill on the internet that due to the importance of "commercial sites" that they (certain businesses) would be white listed. Sites that were on the white list would continue business as before, sites on the black or gray list would either not be allowed or limited. anyone care to guess which sites are toast? WL, ANON, & ATS are probably on the wrong ones.

On the paypal dDOS issue I had no problems on paypal in asia, but when I tried a US branch I got nothing.

As was suggested, the "hackers" may find themselves having problems in the future with credit, and background checks. But rather than sue, tptb could simply arrest them, charge them, and plea bargain them for a felony with probation. Big problems getting jobs, credit, voting, etc.

edit on 9/12/10 by barkingdogamato because: Spelling

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by zerbot565

many businesses go with paypal because of their longevity and reputation, there is many other paypal type services out there, but most are fly by night

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

Yes, but your not going to lose your house!

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   

TTTP I am normally a supporter of your comments, as they are very astute and poignant, but your behavior is exemplary of why America has been taken over so FN easily.(so please do not take this personally, but do take it critically)

They hooked us all on an obsession with fundamental materialism.

Some type of battle is being waged over the detainment of Assange and the targets are the money bandits in the scandal.
So for repercussions, the hackers go after them, as THEY SHOULD, and all the internet commandos who were so supportive of "shedding the light on the dark corners" are now crying foul, such as yourself, because their wallet is taking a dent.

This is exactly why they have you my like a rate in a maze my friend.
Revolution takes sacrifice...let me repeat that...
Revolution takes sacrifice!!!!
And as long as people, such as yourself, stay complacent and just type their complaints without taking ANY action whatsoever, but yet actually have the stones to get pissed at actual effective actions taken against TPTB, then you might as well switch sides and love big brother.

-Josephus
edit on 12/9/2010 by Josephus23 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join