It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ANON Has Shut Down My Business--Paypal Related

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+42 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Hey Gang,

Just wanted to point out that this ANON group which is apparently "helping" by doing DDOS attacks on Paypal are hurting businesses all accross the world.

Mine for example.

Our payment transaction systems are all done through Paypal and as of about 3 hours ago I am unable to collect payments from my customer's in any sort of way.

Way to go ANON. I'm officially NOT supporting you anymore.

~Keeper
edit on 12/8/2010 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Talk about collateral damage!

+96 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
TTTP, File a complaint against paypal, and tell them that their actions have caused a backlash of hatred, effectively hurting your revenue.

I'd file a lawsuit against paypal if you could find anything worth while.

+77 more 
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

~Keeper

Anymore? So you supported them until it directly hurt you?

link   
reply to post by Lysergic

You are right about that.

I'm effectively loosing thousands of dollars of business an hour because of these clowns.

~Keeper

+167 more 
link   
Which is better: You not getting the money needed so you can indulge in luxury, or wikileaks releasing evidence of corruption, child-sex trade, and other obscene crap?

"Oh, i'll support wikileaks, after all, the reverberations of the scandals will not affect me directly. The world has the right to know!"

"Oh, i'm not supporting them anymore, since the fire is reaching my establishment, i'd rather live a sheep life, with my luxuries
"
edit on 8-12-2010 by Somehumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

It's easy to blame anon and to them to take credit for all these DDoS attacks. But the truth is that anon is mostly script kiddies who download apps that just put them into a botnet. There is really no "doing" involved.

Not standing up for them in any way, to be clear. I agree with their views on a free Internet and can engage well with some of the old school folks from that community. But the vast majority are tweens who have limited knowledge of anything beyond the moment.

Now those who herd the botnets... Well they are in control. And they get paid a LOT of money. And they don't tend to provide their services for free. I suspect that there is a money trail to be found in this, somewhere.

~Heff
edit on 12/8/10 by Hefficide because: sp

link   

Originally posted by Revolution-2012
TTTP, File a complaint against paypal, and tell them that their actions have caused a backlash of hatred, effectively hurting your revenue.

I'd file a lawsuit against paypal if you could find anything worth while.

My IT department have been on a bridge call for over 2 hours with Paypal, they are stating they aren't responsible as it's an attack on their servers.

They haven't given me a time frame of when the issue will be resolved.

~Keeper

link   
What does Anonymous have against Paypal anyway? I must have missed this part of all the Wikileaks threads.

edit on 8-12-2010 by NewlyAwakened because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Somehumanbeing
Which is better: You not getting the money needed so you can indulge in luxury, or wikileaks releasing evidence of corruption, child-sex trade, and other obscene crap?

I'm no the only one affected.

My customers will not not receive their products, this will cause back logs with my company, with our shippers, with our suppliers virtually anybody who does business with Paypal is effectively screwed.

I'm with Wikileaks on releasing the data, I support Julian Assange. But these hackers aren't helping anybody.

~Keeper

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   

It's all 'fun and games' until someone gets hurt.
Buyer beware.

+50 more 
link   
“'Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death.” - Thomas Paine

link   

GO ANON,GO WIKI!
Sorry,complain to paypal as sugested!

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   

To be honest with you, since the beginning of this, i expected for there to be backlashes. It always is when things are exposed. In fact, i expected things to be much, much worse, i'm surprised people are not rioting on the streets. The world that has been built around you, all of it's infrastructure, consists of lies and deceit. So ofcourse as things progress, you will lose some of those things.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   

They haven't given me a time frame of when the issue will be resolved.

not to be pessimistic or anything
but paypal may never come back up
and if they do, anon will hit them again
and again til they close up shop.
It's a possibility to consider

+24 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
OP...

Did the moment you know that PayPal was actively trying to shut down WikiLeaks operation, did you look for alternative companies to use.

I already canceled my own personal Visa card and my customers have been told MasterCard and Visa is no longer welcome.

+25 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   

I understand you're in quite the predicament, TTTP, but it is their business that is costing you lost revenue, if anything, I'd have legal attorneys begin pursuing paypal and seeing what they can do to insure that your lost revenue is replaced.

However, Paypal's actions at the same time cannot go unquestioned -- is a DDoS attack appropriate? Maybe not, but what needs to happen is all of these companies and governments who fell at the very idea of political implication, need to be brought to justice -- along with those who made sure Wikileak's financial options we're severed.

Honestly, Anonymous isn't at fault here. Those who oppose freedom are at fault, and they must be brought to justice. If everyone just moseys along, TPTB continue ruling the entire system.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers

~Keeper

Anymore? So you supported them until it directly hurt you?

I'll support any group trying to draw attention to freedom of speech and the right to know the truth such as wikileaks.

But these little kids don't know the extent they are hurting honest and innocent people with their games.

This will not help Wikileaks, it will simply hurt them further.

ANON will not accomplish anything by pissing off businesses who rely on Paypal. They are messing with people's means of living.

~Keeper

+16 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Somehumanbeing

Um... assuming this guy's business is his primary way of making a living, his going down due to a DDOS attack destroys more than just his ability to indulge in luxury.

Now, I would question the wisdom of relying entirely on a single third party without any backup method of payment.

But I'm really starting to get annoyed by all the anti-business bull# on this board, pardon the language. Your typical small business owner takes home less than your typical college-educated employee. And yet business is what produces all the luxuries you enjoy, including that computer of yours. Wanna know why you aren't working the field dawn till dusk on your destitute family's farm from the age of 8? Business.

Back on topic, Paypal is really way too broad of a thing to attack, even if they do service opponents of Wikileaks. Another poster used the correct term when they said "collateral damage". Attacking Paypal is doing a lot of collateral damage. They need to focus their efforts better.

edit on 9-12-2010 by NewlyAwakened because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Unfortunately, in war there is casualties.

Of course, Anonymous is going to be made out to look like the bad guy, but what they are doing is for justice.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join