It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deutschland demonised (4th Reich) for having strong economy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Mods,

If this is in the wrong spot, I apologise.

As of late, I've been hearing different little blurbs and bits about how bad it is that my beloved ancestral home is so "horrible for not being more EUROPEAN". A very STRONG anti-German sentiment is growing.

"European" as in giving up its sovereignty, unassing MORE money, and having an IMPROVING economy.

www.thelocal.de...

Jean-Claude Juncker, Luxembourg prime minister and Eurogroup chairman, launched a blistering attack on Germany on Wednesday, calling its flat rejection of proposals for eurozone bonds "un-European."

Juncker told German weekly Die Zeit in an interview that Berlin had not even properly looked at his proposal, which was aimed at helping weaker eurozone members raise money, before deciding to oppose it.

"Germany's thinking was a bit simplistic on this," he said. "They are rejecting an idea before studying it. This is very strange. This way of creating taboo areas in Europe and not dealing with others' ideas is a very un-European way of dealing with European matters," he said.

Really? If everyone else is being stupid and signing on to "treaties" that weaken the individual members, why should those with sense do so? German unemployment (at last check) had fallen to about 5%! They have renewed PRODUCTION! Production equals money. Money equals jobs. Everyone has a job and spends money. people with money buy things.

HEY OBAMA! ARE YA LISTENING SON!

Nigel Farage sums it up the EU well.

www.youtube.com...

You've been in office for one year and in that time the whole edifice is beginning to crumble. This chaos, the money's running out. I should thank you. You should perhaps be the pinup boy of the Euro skeptic movement. But just look around this chamber this morning. Just look at these faces. Look at the fear. Look at the anger. Poor old Barroso here look like he's seen a ghost. You know, they are beginning to understand that the game is up and yet in their desperation to preserve their dream, they want to remove any remaining traces of democracy from the system. And it's pretty clear that none of you have learned anything. You know, when you yourself, Mr. Van Rompuy say that the Euro has brought us stability, I suppose I could applaud you for having a sense of humor, but isn't this really just the bunker mentality? You know, your fanaticism is out in the open. You talked about the fact that it was a lie to believe that the nation state could exist in a 21st century globalized world. Well, that may be true in the case of Belgium who haven't had a government for six months. But for the rest of us right across every member state in this union, and perhaps this is why we see the fear in the faces, increasingly people are saying we don't want that flag, we don't want the anthem, we don't want this political class. We want the whole thing consigned to the dustbin of history. And we had the Greek tragedy earlier on this year and now we have the situation in Ireland. Now, I know that the stupidity and greed of Irish politicians has a lot to do with this. They should never, ever have joined the Euro. They suffered with low interest rates, a false boom, and a massive bust. But look at your response to them. What they are being told as their government's collapsing, is that it would be inappropriate for them to have a general election. In fact, Commissioner Wren here said they had to agree their budget first before they would be allowed to have a general election. Just who the hell do you think you people are? You are very, very dangerous people indeed. Your obsession with creating this Euro state means that you're happy to destroy democracy. You appear to be happy for millions and millions of people to be unemployed and to be poor. Untold millions must suffer so that your Euro dream can continue. But it won't work because it's Portugal next, with their debt levels of 325% of GDP, they are the next ones on the list. And after that I suspect it will be Spain. And the bailout for Spain would be seven times the size of Ireland, and at that moment all of the bailout money has gone. There won't be any more. But it's even more serious than economics. Because if you rob people of their identity, if you rob them of their democracy, then all they are left with is nationalism and violence. I can only hope and pray that the Euro project is destroyed by the markets before that really happens.

I've heard Beck (volksdeutsch himself) starting crap about how the "new, stronger Germany" could turn into the new "4th Reich". He mentions how all of the "seeded" Nazi party members have been planning for this for 60 years and could come to fruition.

Today in the local Dallas paper (only one left is the progressive one...go figure), they were running a story on concentration camps in Texas during ww2.....FOR GERMANS!

other than Mexico, WE HELPED SHAPE THIS STATE MORE THAN ANYONE!

WW1 started with this "fear of Germany". WW1 seeded for WW2.

My great grandfather fought 1. My grandfather fought 2.

I WILL NOT FIGHT / KILL MY KINSMEN! I have history to look at that they didnt. I hold nothing but respect for these two men. They were brave and did what they thought right (with the information on hand).

www.thetrumpet.com...

The goobers on this site cant even let the World cup go without the German "boogie man"!

The cumulative viewership of this year’s World Cup is estimated to be 32 billion people. That is an average of every man, woman and child on Earth watching roughly five of its soccer matches. As the host nation, Germany has the world eating from the palm of its hand. The publicity value to this “reformed and democratized” Germany is priceless. For an entire month, Germany is the center of attention.

The World Cup will pass, but we must not turn our attention from Germany.

Earth-shattering changes are taking place in this nation. Germany is moving into its new, and final, glory days; the World Cup is simply the beginning. Time will prove the significance of the trends emerging in the Fatherland.

Cataclysmic events always have small beginnings. World War i was sparked by a single assassination. World War ii was conceived in the mind of one man more than a decade before it erupted. September 11 began as an idea.

Most Westerners, including Western leaders, underestimated events occurring within Germany during the 1930s. World War ii was the end result.

Germany’s history demands that we not trivialize two trends presently taking root in the nation. It is within these developments that we can see the seeds of a global crisis.

The Revival of German Nationalism

The first important trend is the resuscitation of German nationalism. This trend is particularly evident in the growing popularity of nationalist political parties in Germany. With debate over Muslims and immigration raging (see sidebar, page 4), the ranks of Germany’s right-wing parties are swelling.

About a year before Angela Merkel became Germany’s chancellor, she gave a strong speech against multiculturalism and ethnic integration. Think tank Stratfor made this telling comparison: “Merkel’s statements echo the sentiments of a certain earlier German government [that of Adolf Hitler], and the re-emergence of right-wing parties there could portend another shift in the country’s policies toward foreigners” (emphasis mine throughout). The world should beware when Germans embrace nationalist political parties.

Stratfor continued, “… Merkel’s statements, combined with the increasing support enjoyed by other nationalistic, right-wing parties, are ominous” (Dec. 7, 2004). Why is this ominous? Because Germans are shifting toward political parties that are “reminiscent of Hitler’s.”

Earlier this year, a German politician ignited controversy when he said there are “no-go” areas in Germany that non-whites visiting for the World Cup should avoid because they would “possibly not leave these areas alive.” Spiegel Online wrote that the resulting tornado of media coverage and public attention “merely served to strengthen the right-wing thinking of many eastern Germans” (May 30). Stickers reading “No-Go Area” now sell on the Internet and are being purchased by Germans seeking to send a message to dark-skinned folk in their suburbs.

As sentiment against immigrants sours, Germans are turning toward right-wing political parties trumpeting stricter immigration policies, such as the far-right National Democratic Party of Germany (npd). These parties are attracting many poorer, uneducated Germans, particularly former East Germans. The npd has “quietly but consistently made itself indispensable to reunification’s victims—to welfare recipients and even to the frustrated middle class” (ibid.). It has established neighborhood groups, cultural clubs and information centers across the nation to inject its right-wing messages into the minds of the populace.

OMG! GERMAN NATIONALISM! Really? This goes back to a previous thread about how its "terrible for someone to "white" and proud of it.

Immigrant kids are having to be taught NOT to hate the country they moved to! Where did they get that? Parents you can figure.

www.thelocal.de...

City officials in Berlin must take action against anti-German views among students with immigrant backgrounds, Germany’s commissioner for integration Maria Böhmer said on Friday.

Coen brothers film 'True Grit' to open Berlinale - Society (8 Dec 10)
The Local's English-language movie listings for Germany - Lifestyle (8 Dec 10)
The day the music died - Society (8 Dec 10)
“We must take the reports from Berlin schools seriously,” the conservative politician told daily Passauer Neue Presse. “It is obviously no longer an isolated incident that students and teachers are forced to hear anti-German statements.”

It is intolerable that German students and teachers might feel hectored in this way, she told the paper.

German is the official language in schools, which “must be a matter of course,” she said.

THIS is what multiculturalism brings.

If you go to a place to have a better way of life, appreciate it. If you dont, those who are born there and ARE native WILL take it personal and ask you to leave...post haste!

"Oh, but thats wrong and mean spirited. You should just accept them being that way. They had a hard life...."

Whatever.

fOLKS, I hope this doesnt turn out like it did 60+ years ago. This time though, I dont think there will be a Operation Barbarosa to muck it up.

edit on 8/12/10 by felonius because: add

edit on 8/12/10 by felonius because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/12/10 by felonius because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Germany has gotten a bad wrap most of last century. The people are hardworking and are very inventive. It seems they have always been in battles with the bankers. If they don't do what the bankers want, they'll find a way to lure them into a war.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
This infuriates me! I am only 4th generation American, my great-great grandparents were from Germany and Hungary. Some were here prior to the rest coming over and did great things in this country like fight both World Wars against their countries. Luckily none of them were ever placed in any camps since well WW1 Hungary and Germany were the enemies and WW2 Hungary and Germany were once again the enemies!

Asa Packer is an old ancestor of mine who served in the US House of Representatives 1853-57 in Pennsylvania and ran for both President and Governor of Pennsylvania. He built the railroad systems of Eastern Pennsylvania and he was German.

The majority of the Caucasian American ancestry is German. Us Germans have contributed a lot and have been blamed for a lot, always demonized and treated poorly, but we never complain, we pick up and carry on.

After WW2 Hitler did worse damage to Germany, a country he claimed he loved. Well so much for loving it. Now it is riddled with political correctness, anti-German immigrants, suppressed nationalism, and citizens being taught to not have pride in their country or culture. Well that needs to end now! Germany is a great nation, they were one of the first countries to invent the concept of Nationalism and combined it with (Classical) Liberalism.

I am so sick and tired of everyone treating nations, Germany in particular, like they are just pieces of a board game that can be pushed around at whim. When a nation fights back to defend its sovereignty they begin to talk about the “rise of Nationalism and Fascism”, ever think maybe the people are tired of having their country run by foreign bankers, businessmen, and just foreigners in general!?

Germany has found what works for their economy, they are booming and are not suffering under the weight of extensive bureaucracy, welfare mentality, corruption, and internationalism, like the rest of Europe. So obviously now they must be smeared with the worst possible brush, call it a “shocking rise in nationalism” to demonize them because of their past mistakes. Nationalism does not equal totalitarianism and genocide, nationalism when used correctly is a strong love for ones culture, nation, and pursuit of strong independence.

These idiots need to get a clue.
edit on 12/21/2010 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

new topics

join