It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous' 'Operation Payback' Twitter Account SUSPENDED

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Can't take down Facebook or Twitter? They just did MasterCard, Visa, and PayPal...They can take down Facebook/Twitter for sure. They're starting to get much publicity, many others who wouldn't have noticed without the publicity will join. The more they are, the more they acquire power. Imagine if they take down Facebook and other major sites. They'll have cover on T.V. Info War I will begin right there. This is incredible!

Maybe I'm too optimistic, but damn!

GET UP STAND UP!
STAND UP FOR YOU RIGHTS!

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Gakus

gotcha maybe there's another type of attack?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gakus

Originally posted by BrokenCar
reply to post by Gakus

Why would they not have the power? Please explain.
I would think if they can take down Mastercard they could probably at least hurt Facebook or Twitter. I think its naive to underestimate a group like that especially when they are obviously passionate about their cause.

Because those sites have zero measures against such actions and really have a small traffic flow compared to Facebook or Twitter.

Facebook and Twitter are capable of handling a far greater load of traffic thus enabling them to withstand a DDOS attack a great deal better.

At least that's what a DDOS attack does from my understanding, I may be totally wrong.

You are actually wrong in your conclusion but not in your first part...

In a DDoS attack, yes the size of the site does matter as it relates to how many systems are required.

However if you note in the largest Bot-Net to date there are 30 million systems...

Given that information, I'll let you draw another conclusion.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   

reply to post by schrodingers dog

Is this it?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

No that was another one.

I found it, it was a group called anti-sec.

antisec.wordpress.com...
seclists.org...

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Originally posted by Gakus

reply to post by Gakus

Why would they not have the power? Please explain.
I would think if they can take down Mastercard they could probably at least hurt Facebook or Twitter. I think its naive to underestimate a group like that especially when they are obviously passionate about their cause.

Because those sites have zero measures against such actions and really have a small traffic flow compared to Facebook or Twitter.

Facebook and Twitter are capable of handling a far greater load of traffic thus enabling them to withstand a DDOS attack a great deal better.

At least that's what a DDOS attack does from my understanding, I may be totally wrong.

You are actually wrong in your conclusion but not in your first part...

In a DDoS attack, yes the size of the site does matter as it relates to how many systems are required.

However if you note in the largest Bot-Net to date there are 30 million systems...

Given that information, I'll let you draw another conclusion.

Well I didn't know that!

I may have to eat crow here shortly =/

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
No that was another one.

So its happened more than once.

Must not be so hard then.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   

reply to post by schrodingers dog

Is this it?

No that was another one.

I found it, it was a group called anti-sec.

antisec.wordpress.com...
seclists.org...

SD, this was part of the anti-white hat stuff I was talking about in another thread.

So there are black hat hackers who like to attempt to make a fool of white hat hackers (like myself).

Anti-sec is one of those groups... They are like a puppy, fun to have around, but you do have to clean up after them. :-)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Gakus

Actually you an check all the bot-nets to date on the wikipedia... they do a good job of updating that particular page...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

You guys wear hats?

Sheesh, this whole day I've been burning teh google trying to figure out you crazy kids' vernaculars .,.. UGH!!!

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   

You guys wear hats?

Sheesh, this whole day I've been burning teh google trying to figure out you crazy kids' vernaculars .,.. UGH!!!

For a primer on such, I'd recommend Phrack 67 which just came out a few days back....

www.phrack.org

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Isn't it interesting how twitter did not close down the account of th3j3st3r (The Jester) who claimed to DDOS Wikileaks but closed down Anonops account. Goes to show whose side twitter is on.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Twitter didn't ban those Iranian accounts when their government was oppressing them.
But here, ya, they ban those who are fighting for the truth against tptb.

wtg Twitter, you fascist puppet org.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join