It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous' 'Operation Payback' Twitter Account SUSPENDED

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Anonymous' 'Operation Payback' Twitter Account SUSPENDED

www.huffingtonpost.com

First its Facebook page was banned. Now, hacker group Anonymous' 'Operation Payback' Twitter account appears to have been suspended.

The pro-WikiLeaks Anonymous has been leading the charge against those have crossed WikiLeaks--including MasterCard and Visa, which stopped processing WikiLeaks payments.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Ok, so this is interesting...

Keep in mind we have Wikileaks in one corner... trying to disseminate information....

And we have those hackers who DDoS'd wikileaks and continue to as well...

Then we have Anonymous, who are effectively stopping the flow of information for those who are anti-wikileaks...

And now, they are under pressure.....

So nuts at this point

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I hope that Twitter realizes that they have just entered the fray and became a target as well.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Well I think its brave of Twitter or Facebook to suspend the account of an entity that has the capability to take down their website.

UPDATE:

UPDATE: Anonymous' Operation Payback seems to be back on Twitter with several new Twitter accounts, including @Anon_Operationn and @AnonOperation.

www.huffingtonpost.com...
well I tried @Anon_Operationn--already suspended, and @AnonOperation doesn't exist according to Twitter.

Interesting to see where this goes.
edit on 12/8/2010 by BrokenCar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Yes yes, then they added another 'n' and reopened a new one.

Serious Tweeting!

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
*claps*

Exciting times for sure...interested to see where this goes. I only wish I were computer savvy enough to join the fight.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

Yes yes, then they added another 'n' and reopened a new one.

Serious Tweeting!

Awesome...

Not sure if you noticed the VP of twiitter stepped down today as well.. I wonder if that had anything to do with it.

latimesblogs.latimes.com... l

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Oh and here's another good one firing away at paypal.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
rofl, I'll tell you right now Anon does not have the power to take down Facebook or Twitter, if they did they would of done it a long time ago for the "lulz."

Keep thinking that though.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Ding ding its on! This will be interesting to see what they do to the Twits & facebook if they are so inclined. Game on! Bring it on!

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Gakus

I dunno, they did just take down pp and posted this on their twitter feed:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2cf7d43f990a.png[/atsimg]

Too freaking funny!

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gakus
rofl, I'll tell you right now Anon does not have the power to take down Facebook or Twitter, if they did they would of done it a long time ago for the "lulz."

Keep thinking that though.

I would never underestimate any hacking group when pushed into a corner! In terms of hacking this world war I!
edit on 8-12-2010 by phatpackage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
reply to post by Gakus

I dunno, they did just take down pp and posted this on their twitter feed:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2cf7d43f990a.png[/atsimg]

Too freaking funny!

Thats an entirely different thing though, I have zero doubt they can take down sites such as paypal, interpol, mastercard etc

but Facebook and Twitter? that's a WHOLE different ballpark.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Gakus

It takes but a single Zero Day bug in farmville and its over for Facebook...

Honestly... they are so ajaxified that it shouldnt take much to take them down..

Though why? We all love it so much :-)

edit on 8-12-2010 by HunkaHunka because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Gakus

Why would they not have the power? Please explain.
I would think if they can take down Mastercard they could probably at least hurt Facebook or Twitter. I think its naive to underestimate a group like that especially when they are obviously passionate about their cause.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
A lot of...the 'common folk'...would be very very angry if Anon took away their facepoop. I think if they did that you might see a shift in people siding against anon and wikileaks..

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Gakus

Actually, I remember a few months ago when another mysterious group of hacker brought down twitter with a ddos attack replacing every page with their message ... there was a huge ats thread on it. Can someone remember it and help me track it down?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCar
reply to post by Gakus

Why would they not have the power? Please explain.
I would think if they can take down Mastercard they could probably at least hurt Facebook or Twitter. I think its naive to underestimate a group like that especially when they are obviously passionate about their cause.

Because those sites have zero measures against such actions and really have a small traffic flow compared to Facebook or Twitter.

Facebook and Twitter are capable of handling a far greater load of traffic thus enabling them to withstand a DDOS attack a great deal better.

At least that's what a DDOS attack does from my understanding, I may be totally wrong.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
True, there is no way a DDOS attack as unorganized as it is can bring down the big shows like twitter or Fbook. But the sentiment is there in Anonymous. Good luck, standing by because [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/618ffd235b1e.jpg[/atsimg]

Looks like the lines are being drawn...

May you live in interesting times
edit on 8-12-2010 by HollowJacket because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Is this it?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Links to this story here

Twitter down, reportedly hacked by "Iranian Cyber Army" by Jay Hathaway on December 18, 2009 at 01:25 AM

downloadsquad.switched.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join