It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France 'will recognize' Palestinian state

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

It's from the link in the OP, which is the same link you posted..

Must you be so gullible? What you quoted is the reporter's headline interpretation of what France said, and what I quoted is the actual words that the French guy said.

France is not recognizing anything, that's why it says "Will recognize" as if that means anything.. And he was talking about exchange of lands, not the 67' borders..

PressTV reminds me more of a tabloid than a news magazine..

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Eliad

So what are the REAL borders?
Does anyone know, are they shown anywhere?

Has even Israel agreed to set borders?

It's a little confusing as they seem to move...

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

That's not true, America is putting a lot of pressure on Israel to negotiate with Palestine and complete the peace process..

America's probably the only one who can "tell" Israel what to do...

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Wait a minute...didnt you guys say Sarkozy is Mossad?

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
That's mighty generous of France.

I suggest that the borders of France be recognized as of January First of 1941.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Eliad

Putting pressure would be not vetoing every single resolution regarding the two state solution and Israel in general at the UN. It would also mean cutting the military aid to Israel and placing sanctions to put real pressure on it....until then Israel has no need to change it's policies...it's quite happy to continue them. Of course, Israel is useful to America...and America gives rights and privileges to countries based on that, not on any moral grounds..so again, nothing will change and the Palestinians will suffer.
edit on 12-12-2010 by Solomons because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
reply to post by Eliad

Putting pressure would be not vetoing every single resolution regarding the two state solution and Israel in general at the UN. It would also mean cutting the military aid to Israel and placing sanctions to put real pressure on it....until then Israel has no need to change it's policies...it's quite happy to continue them. Of course, Israel is useful to America...and America gives rights and privileges to countries based on that, not on any moral grounds..so again, nothing will change and the Palestinians will suffer.
edit on 12-12-2010 by Solomons because: (no reason given)

You got that right....
And mostly, without the US veto they would have been passed unanimously.
www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org...

I've always said, while veto votes are allowed the UN is a lame duck...
We need a democratic UN where majority rules...

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I beg to differ.

I see the UN as nothing more than an anti-Jewish lynch mob.

Just because everyone votes against them, doesn't mean they're right.

If you need further indication, look at the idiots we have in the Senate, the House, and even our President.

They're not even close to right.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
From Politico

French officials are calling highly inaccurate a report from Iran’s Press TV that France will join several South American countries in recognizing Palestine as an independent country.

Bernard Valero, a spokesman for the French Foreign Ministry said Tuesday that Paris agrees with the formation of a Palestinian state based on the exchange of land between Israel and the Palestinians,” Press TV reported.

But a French official told POLITICO Wednesday that the spokesman was simply pointing to a March 1999 European Council declaration, which defined the European Union position on the issue.

“The European Union is convinced that the creation of a democratic, viable and peaceful sovereign Palestinian state on the basis of existing agreements and through negotiations would be the best guarantee of Israel's security and Israel's acceptance as an equal partner in the region,” the European Union position states. “The European Union declares its readiness to consider the recognition of a Palestinian state in due course, in accordance with the basic principles referred to above.”

www.politico.com...

Wish some would do a bit of delving before making headlines such as this one.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by FarArcher

So every nation in the world except America is anti-jewish? is that what you are saying?

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by FarArcher
I beg to differ.

I see the UN as nothing more than an anti-Jewish lynch mob.

Just because everyone votes against them, doesn't mean they're right.

If you need further indication, look at the idiots we have in the Senate, the House, and even our President.

They're not even close to right.

So let me get this straight..
All the delegates from UN countries are idiots but the Israeli government is fine..?

Funny though that Israel quotes them IDIOTS at the UN when calling for action against Iran..
I guess they are all only idiots when Israeli actions are mentioned, how silly of me not to realize that.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   

No, that wouldn't be putting pressure, that would be collapsing the state of Israel, something which the U.S doesn't want to do.

And come on.. What does it veto anyway-
www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org...

Condemnations on killing terrorists? Requests for halting military operations that last a few weeks anyway?

People tend to lose perspective.. This isn't Chechnya or Bosnia.. This conflict is tiny, the amount of attention it gets is disproportional.

They're not vetoing the two state solution, as far as I know..

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by dizzylizzy

Why do we need Politicio to tell us that? All the information we need is in the article, as I've mentioned a few hours ago.

Anyone who can read that has half a brain would have easily deducted that France isn't recognizing anything.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   

I didn't say everyone in the world - but let's face it.

When Israel is getting rocketed for weeks, gives numerous warnings to stop, and THEN retaliates - it's like everyone in the UN is just waiting to condemn Israel.

And in 1967?

Good God! The entire Arab world was bragging how they were going to lay waste to Israel and make the ground run with blood.

And just for the record - that land that is supposedly Palestinian?

It was Jordanian.

And Jordan lost the land.

This is so difficult to understand, isn't it?

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   

He's saying that a system that gives mass murdering, human rights violators (for every one of you that mentions Israel in this context I can mention 10 other nations who have committed worse crimes) the same vote as peaceful nations like Canada on subjects of human rights and conflicts is a hypocritical system that simply does not work.

Look at the UNHRC- It's being led by some of the most power hungry human rights violators of all times, is it any surprise that they keep the focus on Israel, even now, when it's one of the tiniest conflicts in the world (Doesn't even make the top ten)?

Also, is it right for Arab nations to vote Israel off the map simply because they don't want it in the middle east?

The U.N isn't driven by any sense of justice, it's driven by political agendas, stop treating it like it's the saint government of the world.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Eliad

Eliad, between the Muslim nations and those influenced by the Catholic Church, Israel doesn't have a dog's chance.

Fortunately, it appears Israel has another ally besides the United States.

The UN is filled with political whores - much like Washington, DC.

It has proven time and again to have crap for credibility.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Eliad

The U.N isn't driven by any sense of justice, it's driven by political agendas, stop treating it like it's the saint government of the world.

What are you smoking Eliad???
I have always said the UN is useless, even in this thread I have stated that...

BTW, does anyone have a current map showing current Israeli borders and where they intend to stop??
That's what I'd like to see...

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Yeah, but on the one hand you're showing us the list of vetoes the U.S has put on U.N resolutions, and saying how Israel is a criminal for not adhering with U.N resolutions (My apologies if I got the wrong impression on your opinions), and on the other hand are agreeing with me that it's all politics anyway and that it's useless..

It can't go both ways..

Wasn't saying you're an idiot, just saying that you can't have your cake and eat it too... Besides, this wasn't directed only at you, but at other people talking about the U.N resolutions and vetoes..

As for a map... Just look for 'Israeli settlements in the west bank' on wikipedia for an accurate view..
As for where Israel's going to stop? Well I can tell you where it'll end up.. Somewhere around the 67' borders.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I fail to understand why the borders can't be the borders when the cease-fire was agreed upon.

Of course, since then, Israel returned the Sinai, and pulled out of Gaza.

But just on the surface, it would appear that the eastern boundaries would include a line from the Dead Sea along the Jordan River.

Of course, Jerusalem in its entirety was taken from Jordan as well.

There was no Palestinian land. There was Jordanian land, Egyptian land, or Syrian land.

Maybe I should put in a claim. Hell, everyone else is.

<< 1  2   >>

join