It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Even bigger brother? (Tenet's replacement)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I have no psychic ability that I am aware of, however my sense of the Bush administration and my paranoia have suggested something to me. Tom Ridge may be appointed the new director of the CIA, and tasked with integrating Homeland Security and Central Intelligence.
This would serve a wide array of purposes for Bush.
1. It creates an image of serious and meaningful reform of the intelligence system.
2. It subtly increases the CIA's authority to operate inside the U.S.
3. It gives the CIA a cabinet position, increasing the influence of George H.W. Bush's associates.
4. By further altering the order of succession, the director of CIA/Homeland Security could easily usurp the presidency from a democrat president by assassination.
5. By combining funds while decreasing infrastructure, this is a subtle way to raise the funding of the CIA.
6. It dramatically increases the resources available for internal surveillance.
7. It allows a major push in recruitment for the CIA, under the guise of staffing the relatively new dept. homeland security.

we shall see soon enough.

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Those are some interesting conclusions you've come to. But how did you arrive at point number four?

4. By further altering the order of succession, the director of CIA/Homeland Security could easily usurp the presidency from a democrat president by assassination.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   
It always struck me as odd that Bush found the order of succession relevant when the department of homeland security was created. Why even bother to put him any farther up in the order, especially post cold war?

It seems logical to me that Bush would further elevate the homeland security position because it is defense related, and defense will likely be a key issue in any scenario where the president and several successors are killed.

Bush 41 was head of the CIA and may still have loyalists there, which would go a long way to explaining the uncanny ability of Bush's to run for office as well as to become very close to powerful foreigners. If he wanted to maintain his influence and work further towards New World Order as he has mentioned again and again, then the obvious way to do it is a WMD attack on Washington DC, or a shoot down of airforce 1.

I believe that if and when the NWO ever makes its play, the move will be WMD on DC, followed by the assencion of the CIA/Homeland security chief, and a state of emergency suspending civil liberties.

(this is fringe stuff. I'm not saying it would ever happen, im just saying thats how i'd run MY conspiracy.)

new topics

join