It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Wikileaks and Operation Payback Cause Internet Censorship?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
The timing of this is all rather convenient when you consider the FCC decision on the horizon. If that moves forward, this will just be the beginning of a new era of internet regulation. The govt. has been wanting this for quite sometime. The cyber world exploded far to fast for the inefficient govt. to get control from the get go. What started out as a simple .com boom has morphed into its own virtual universe at blistering speed. A universe with absolutely no control and regulation and of course highly limited tax revenue up until now. Beyond control...their is a revenue stream to be tapped to death.

Incidents like the Payback attacks simply amplify the need for the govt. to step in with a heavy hand in order "save us all" from the evil that lurks in the minds and fingertips of seemingly ordinary people. Any govt. will not let that those actions stand unchecked. Whether this is a false flag or not the game pieces are in motion.
edit on 8-12-2010 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dagar
You can't stop revealing truth because you fear that by revealing that truth you're going to be prevented from revealing/finding out future truths.

If you do you're already censored

I'm not disagreeing with that at all. But is this the right battle and the right person? Again look at who he associates with. They don't want freedom so why is he so popular with them? You think Cubans are Free? You think they can express their views uncensored? We know Obama wants to squash speech. Only public opinion has stopped him, but at what point does he and his minions decide public oppinion does not matter? The last week of his Presidency after he loses the election and he has nothing to loose. He's been doing end runs around Congress all along.

These are some tough questions and people are letting their emotions control them to much. How many times have we heard from the Left they want FoxNews and Limbaugh shut down or that Beck fellow? Do they beleive in free speech. No they don't. They believe in free speech only when it agrees with them. That much is so obvious it can not be disputed. They label dissenting speech as subversive. Look how they attack the Tea Party.

People who don't agree with my politics don't scare me, but people who want to silence me scare me very much.

There are actually some out here who want to see a huge war to bring down those who don't agree with them and don't give a damn who suffers or dies. I think that is Assanges end game. These are dangerous people and I think Assange may be one of them. What he wants is no government and to be a superstar with lots of hot little groupies to bed down. I honestly feel that way.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Blaine your wisdom on the subject speaks volumes, by just taking a step back and looking and questioning you have kept yourself from being engrossed in the moment. Thank You for this post, but if Ats represents the world, I fear it is falling on deaf ears or we are just to old and don't understand the new age wisdom. I have asked the same questions as you and have been belittled told I was a moron you name it. I think I am at the point where I am about to lose hope in humanity and peoples ability for logic and reason. All I know is just like Obama during the elections, promises promises and a bunch of false hope I saw through him and his promises and I am seeing a repeat performance from Wikileaks and Assange. Just too many what if's and what do I get out of it's for me to believe.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Who is suggesting removing Assange. I don't want him jailed. I think he's a phony but I'm not suggesting that. That's what I mean by letting emotions override common sense. I'm asking will he be used as a weapon against us and people don't seem capable of understanding that. People assume I mean I want him stopped which I don't.

One idiot can bring the whole mess down even if he has noble intentions. There is a balance here between enough control to contain dangerous people and to much control removing freedoms. Those who think a world without the rule of law would be anything other than a bloodbath are insane or they want a bloodbath.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by upnorthtrip

Originally posted by Screwed
reply to post by Blaine91555

What you are suggesting is that you would rather keep your wife locked up in a basement where she would never
have the chance to be unfaithful to you. Then you could carry on with life believing you have a faithful wife.

Priceless!
The best analogy

Horrible analogy as it makes untrue assumptions based on emotions and I never suggested I wanted Assange removed.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna
That's like asking if an assault victim caused the assailant to batter them.
It's just totally the wrong way of looking at things.

Another false analogy. Assange a victim? A good analogy would be if I swerve to stop a wreck and in the process cause a worse wreck, was my action wise and am I at fault and liable?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Dem Strategist:Mark Walsh: “What Has To Happen I Would Argue, Sadly Is The Internet Is No Longer Going To Be Open”

Looks like msnbc is delivering on their bailout money

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

Only time will tell.

This brings back memories of the Weather Underground and how they fooled so many people preaching Peace and then blowing up buildings the public has to pay for and risking lives. In the end the war ended because of level headed people who got involved, not a group a violent Anarchists. If anything they kept it going longer.

I don't know if it's age, but I certainly was dumb in my youth. Perfect grades and I'm told a high IQ and yet I fell for the hype and thought I was doing something when in fact I was not. A bunch of silly kids at a University sitting in front of a door did not end the war. Neither did Ayers and his little army of phonies. This could be the same. Assange may well think he is doing noble things. It worries me though. The world is a volatile place right now. Very much like the 60's and we survived that. I may be worried about nothing.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

Dem Strategist:Mark Walsh: “What Has To Happen I Would Argue, Sadly Is The Internet Is No Longer Going To Be Open”

Looks like msnbc is delivering on their bailout money

Thank you! Exactly! I'd not seen this one, but similar stuff has been in the news for the last couple of weeks.

<< 1   >>

join