It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House passes DREAM Act

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by laughsalot

I don't want to come across like a prick, but I just think the government lacks the focus and concentration on the citizens of America, and for the country for that matter. Discussing amnesty for a day in the house and voting on it after just a day, is odd its easy for them to come to an agreement on something that can add to a problem even further, yet when it comes down to lower taxes or discussing ways to stimulate the economy its a drawn out PR stunt for months or even years.
So ya to me its sometimes hard to watch, the country spiral into oblivion.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Bicent76

I was under the impression that this was introduced 2002-2003 by one republican...not all the republicans and we were in a different financial situation then..now we just can't afford it although I have not seen a consistent number on the price tag it ranges from 6 billion to 20 billion where as the congressional budget office estimates it would cost 1.4 billion but would increase revenues up to 2.3 billion in the 2011-2020 period..It's staggering how the numbers are twisted so much and what is even more concerning is the number billion being used so much...I think people will start to get use to hearing this number where a billion just doesn't seem like a big deal. At any rate those of you looking for good balanced info please check out www.factcheck.org you will be able to shame both sides given the information on this site..

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

oh my gosh....oh my....gosh....what is wrong with our government....
ughhhh *cringe*

United States of Amexica

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
This isnt the title..

"House passes DREAM Act‎" is the real title...

Perhaps you haven't read the T&C?

Perhaps you don't care? Perhaps you want amnesty from this violation?
edit on 8-12-2010 by HunkaHunka because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

If you're right, than I'm pretty pissed.
I'm voting Libertarian next time. I don't care if they don't win.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Now going for final vote in the senate tomorrow might be as early as 9.30AM.

So whether you agree or not, I suggest you call your senators so they hear your voice.

News about it should be coming up anytime now.

Why the hell nobody is talking about this I have no idea... all the other times that amnesty was brought up, people were pissed about it... everyone was talking about it... now nobody is talking about it... weird.

Thing is people who WERE KICKED OUT OF OFFICE a month ago are now voting on crucial legislation... this shouldn't be possible.

ABOLISH LAME DUCK SESSIONS.

(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 8-12-2010 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-12-2010 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

What's wrong with this? I don't see any problem with it..

Not only do we get taxpayers... we get educated tax payers!!!!

First of all, its not a lame duck session if you cant get things done... Not exactly Lame now is it?

:-) These folks are just finishing the business they were originally elected to do.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
With limited seatings in college, this will take away from our citizens who should have those seats. This would include people up to 30 years old. That aint no kid! There would be much fraud, as there is no way that all these kids can be checked when there is such a backlog already. It would take years. These kids would also be able to sponser the parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles and cousins. With job competition being so fierce these days, this is not a good idea.

Also, the parents of these children had many years to come clean and to become legal citizens and they chose not to. We have people who are coming through the proper channels, who have spent much money and time to become legal and are still waiting. To put others ahead of the line is not right.

Though I have compassion for these illegal kids, I have to think of our own citizens who would get shoved aside and the kids of the people already waiting to become citizens and waited all this time doing things the right way. Pro amnesty people are only looking at the illegal kids and not the other children and what it would do to them.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
This isnt the title..

"House passes DREAM Act‎" is the real title...

Perhaps you haven't read the T&C?

Perhaps you don't care? Perhaps you want amnesty from this violation?
edit on 8-12-2010 by HunkaHunka because: (no reason given)

DREAM Act ok?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
:shakes her head:
I'm all for giving everyone a fair shot at a decent life no matter where they came from or how they got here, but sweet cheebus, now is NOT the time for the DREAM Act! Our proverbial camel can only hold so many straws before it buckles, we're too close to that point to risk this kind of thing. It could have waited another few years while we dusted ourselves off some. :sighs:

top topics

<< 1   >>

join