It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House passes DREAM Act

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   

House passes DREAM Act

Tucsonsentinel.com

The House passed the DREAM Act on Wednesday night, a measure that would grant conditional residency to those brought to the US before the age of 15
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 8-12-2010 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

Instructions for the Breaking News Forums - Please review this link

Copy the exact headline of the story into the headline field, don't make one up or sensationalise it.

edit on 8-12-2010 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Now going for final vote in the senate tomorrow might be as early as 9.30AM.

So whether you agree or not, I suggest you call your senators so they hear your voice.

News about it should be coming up anytime now.

Why the hell nobody is talking about this I have no idea... all the other times that amnesty was brought up, people were pissed about it... everyone was talking about it... now nobody is talking about it... weird.

Thing is people who WERE KICKED OUT OF OFFICE a month ago are now voting on crucial legislation... this shouldn't be possible.

ABOLISH LAME DUCK SESSIONS.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Where is the link?

.. and what is your position on this so that everyone might understand why you posted this?
edit on 8-12-2010 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
The republican legislation that the right have been pushing for a decade finally passed did it?
Well, thats cool..glad to see the government is finally doing what it supposed to do.aka, something comprehensive about the immigration question.

Orrin Hatch:
The Utah Republican was the chief sponsor of the DREAM Act when it was first introduced in the Senate in 2001 and, later, in 2003.

So Congratulations Republicans on finally getting your legislation through.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Update! They did it!! With a vote of 216-198, the motion is adopted!

www.dailykos.com...:-House-passes-DREAM-Act

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Except 90% of republicans voted against it...

This bill was only brought forward because congress is under martial law, meaning rules are suspended and the leadership can bring any bill they want on the floor for a vote.

Not to mention no one could add any amendment to the bill...

They received the bill this afternoon... and voted on it a few minutes ago... how democratic of them.

FINAL SENATE VOTE tomorrow at 11AM Eastern.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Except 90% of republicans voted against it...

This bill was only brought forward because congress is under martial law, meaning rules are suspended and the leadership can bring any bill they want on the floor for a vote.

Not to mention no one could add any amendment to the bill...

They received the bill this afternoon... and voted on it a few minutes ago... how democratic of them.

FINAL SENATE VOTE tomorrow at 11AM Eastern.

lol...of course.
Because the republicans will always..-ALWAYS- oppose Democrats...even when voting for their own damned bills.
Your not paying attention.

The Reps called for the DREAM act...the Dems said.."ok..sure...we like that"...the reps then did a WTF and immediately abandoned supporting the thing -They created-

lol..republicans..gotta love them.

Anyhow, whatever..I am bored of their insanity...it passed...senate will of course filibuster..because things simply can't work in America..but its nice to dream about DREAM anyhow.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Oh I know it's also a republican bill. They've tried to pass it during Bush... twice I think... and Reagan did an amnesty for illegal aliens back in the day...

So yeah, republicans are for this too.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Well the jokes on them!

Who wants to immigrate to this broken nation anyways?

I would gripe but what's the point? Does the gov't listen to it's citizens?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Of course they do...but first you must provide them your tax information...cant have just anyone being heard.
Your voice is proportional to the amount your worth.

edit on 8-12-2010 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Of course they do...but first you must provide them your tax information...cant have just anyone being heard.
Your voice is proportional to the amount your worth.

edit on 8-12-2010 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

Push will come to shove one day.

Every action has a equal and opposite reaction!

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Could we hope for an asteroid to explode over the earth and wipe out congress,.
Christmas

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
Christmas

Well that would finally prove there is a God beyond any reasonable doubts.

So I guess we just jinxed it.

Sorry.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
Christmas

Well that would finally prove there is a God beyond any reasonable doubts.

So I guess we just jinxed it.

Sorry.
then faith is what is next,.
Amen brother

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Which version was this that passed? I am wondering what was in this one. I didn't get to read about all of them, other than how one the age for these 'children' ran into the mid thirties.

I have a really bad feeling about this one. Unless there are some serious stipulations, which considering it got passed and by the margin it passed with, I don't think there are. So, this was in fact, Amnesty for ALL illegals. If their non-native children are going to be deemed citizens, then they will then be allowed to petition for their illegal families to stay and become legal.

I'm am now sick of what has become of my country. It deserves its fate.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
?? More entitlement projects?

WHAT? Last I heard checked the deficit, checked unemployment, check the job wanted adds,

AMERICA is strapped!!!

Yet now the government is calling for more entitlement.

Where is our entitlement?

We have a so many trillion dollars in debt, this is getting insane. Congress should be coming up with idea's to fix the damn budget and create jobs, every single day up until our deficit starts to change and AMERICAN's can all get some damn jobs. Crazy many, both party's are smoking something illegal in its hard like a ROCK!!

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Personally I support the DREAM ACT and believe it is long overdue, if you actually read the proposed legislation perhaps you might understand just how beneficial it will be for future America. If some folks would just take some time and research the origin of their own they might just not be so damn critical.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bicent76
?? More entitlement projects?

WHAT? Last I heard checked the deficit, checked unemployment, check the job wanted adds,

AMERICA is strapped!!!

Yet now the government is calling for more entitlement.

Where is our entitlement?

We have a so many trillion dollars in debt, this is getting insane. Congress should be coming up with idea's to fix the damn budget and create jobs, every single day up until our deficit starts to change and AMERICAN's can all get some damn jobs. Crazy many, both party's are smoking something illegal in its hard like a ROCK!!

You already have your entitlement it's called Citizenship by birth

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

Well from what I heard in the debates... they are doing this Patriot Act-style.

The final bill was given to the house a few hours before the vote. Nobody had time to read it... and they weren't allowed to block it/add amendment since congress is in martial law.

Remember that Obama promise about ``you'll have at least 24 hours before any vote to see what's in the bill`` ? Yeah... DOWN THE DRAIN... like all the other good Obama promises...all the bad ones he keeps however.

It's another one of those ``you have to pass the bill to know what's in it`` kind of deal...

ABOLISH LAME DUCK SESSIONS NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by laughsalot

its an entitlement. Sure and yes I understand enough about this bill, the poor illegal aliens children with no fault of their own are aloud to either serve the military pay taxes yada yada for a number of years to gain citizenship. Yet furthermore its basically in my opinion rewarding illegal action. Yet screw it We don't have the jobs for the citizens already its only right to allow illegal aliens from no fault of their own to get the entitlements instead of the citizens. Therefore we can add to the equation to create even more complex in the sum for living the dream in AMERICA. Whatever.. I don't expect everyone to look years ahead..

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join