It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok, you tell me. Why should anyone support this Administration?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I've decided to approach this whole on going battle from a different direction. Instead of the normal way of doing things which is usually pointing out what a bunch of War Pig, Criminal, Greedy, Heartless, Bastards, Bush and the rest of his Posse are always said to be, let's hear the reasons that anyone should think otherwise for a change.

Honestly, I would like to hear, in detail and with serious intelligent & enthusiastic examples and even supporting links when possible. Convince me why the Current Administration, primarily Bush and his Key Players, are such great Leaders for this Country. Show me just what it is that they have done for this Country that is so worthy and beneficial that others should support them. Explain to me why the Current Bush Supporters think so highly of everything that he and his key officials have and are doing.

One last thing I would like to add is that I, personally, do not support any party over another, do not attribute myself to any '-ism' or anything else. Basically, as for my 'objectiveness' and 'open mindedness' toward this, I will be as unbiased as I can. In fact the only bias I have is the fact that I consider all politics and those involved, regardless of their party or platform, as all equal in their Lying, Cheating, Scumbag ways, and even that I will try and suppress for this topic.

So please, just imagine that you're going to give a presentation or speech to a group of mature professional members of society on why People should support Bush and the Current Admin. I would also ask that anyone who is opposed to what is said here, please at least wait until there are a few (good) posts before anyone decides to jump in with a counter argument. And even then, KEEP IT MELLOW!!! I am honestly interested in reading some convincing Pro-Bush posts as I don't recall ever actually reading any as of yet. Thank you.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   
The silence is deafening...

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   
MOjOm
I�m posting in support of you questioning the Bush Administration / Cabal of why anyone in there right mind should or would support them

[edit on 3-7-2004 by Sauron "I was going off subject"]

[edit on 3-7-2004 by Sauron]

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I voted for George Bush in the last election. I am a christian. Bush tells me he is a christian, only God knows if he is truthful. I don't agree with everything that the President has done and the way he's done it. I also am disappointed that he hasn't done some things that he should have done and be doing.

When Sept. 11th happened, we were caught off guard. Now the congress goes back to investigate and "says" there were failures and some knew things. I don't believe what happened on Sept. 11 could have been prevented no matter what. It was an unusual attack, that opened the world's eyes to something new and introduced the US to terrorism on a grand scale. Bush says we went to Iraq to get WMD out of a terrorists hands. Is Saddam Hussein a terrorist, yes. Did he have WMD, so far the answer is no. There are reports from religious and secular news sources that they were moved into Syria and maybe Iran. Do I know? No I don't. What do I know? In the war on terror this nation is going to have to be proactive instead of reactive. This is enough for me to have had Hussein removed from power. People will be dying on either side of this. I have a son who just turned 18. Will a draft be started, I guess that depends on whether or not the terrorists up the stakes. It also depends on if we (US) have to provide the most manpower and money. Nations aligned against terrorism need to pull their share of this fight. Iv'e already told my son if you have to enter the militry you have to be prepared to do, that why you've got to make sure your right with God.

I too don't completely trust politicians, no matter who they are. This 2 party system we have where they pit them selves against each other is ridiculous. Each of them take turns proclaiming themselves savior and the other satan. Instead of doing that how about admitting you don't know all the answers and work together to find the answers.

I can't tell you to vote for anybody. We look at our choice and make a decision. What we need is better quality people to stand up and run for office. But the best quality have no money and that's what elections run on.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by dlbrandt
I voted for George Bush in the last election. I am a christian. Bush tells me he is a christian, only God knows if he is truthful. I don't agree with everything that the President has done and the way he's done it. I also am disappointed that he hasn't done some things that he should have done and be doing.
I can't tell you to vote for anybody. We look at our choice and make a decision. What we need is better quality people to stand up and run for office. But the best quality have no money and that's what elections run on.

While most of the things you said up there, DLB, are wise, IMHO, and show the power of an open mind... I have to ask you: why vote for someone just because they are Christian or not?

for your talk about how the two-party system bites the big one.

BTW, I doubt that Bush is a practicing Christian. You can look up keywords "Bush Satanic" for more information on this or even better: "Bush ritual sacrifice"

Oh, and mojo, thanks for asking the question I have been meaning to ask but keep forgetting. Ah!

[edit on 7/3/2004 by AlnilamOmega]

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   
hi Mojom

Ok,

I'll bite.

He believes on following through. Terrorists attack us, and we ACTUALLY RESPOND. Instead of lobbing a couple of missles into the desert.

Someone is finally at the helm, that shows an inkling of the knowledge that
Polictical OVER correctness, is part of what allowed us to be attacked.

He talks TO the American people, not AT the American people.

He believes in Lower taxes.

He belives in a stronger military, to protect US people and interests.

He is not as POLL DRIVEN, as recent presidents. Knowing that some of his decisions, may not be very popular, he moves ahead anyway.

He is not as resonsible for the Economic downturn as a lot of folks are saying.
After all, it was on its way down at the end of the previous administration.
9-11 accelerated it. Clintons Admin was propped up by the ethereal DOT COM boom. And of course, the RUSH for companies to upgrade to Y2K compliance,
Y2K was great for the economy of High Tech industries.
So, you can stop blaming Bush for that. Y2K was OVER, and the DOT COM boom, well, it went flaccid.

He has personal values, family values.

He won the election, didn't "steal it" BUT I think THATS the main reason
Liberals are the shrillest I've EVER seen.

There's a few to chew on. Remember, no bashing until Mojom says SO!

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I voted for him because I think Al Gore was a worse choice and his moral views aren't mine. Al Gore probably said he was a christian also but his words and actions don't back it up.

Bush's views are closer to mine, not completely in sync but closer than Gores.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 05:31 PM
link   
dlbrandt

I voted for George Bush in the last election. I am a Christian. Bush tells me he is a Christian, only God knows if he is truthful. I don't agree with everything that the President has done and the way he's done it. I also am disappointed that he hasn't done some things that he should have done and be doing.

I�m just wondering what was it he should have done? Do you agree, about Bush asking for a list from churches for the names of there followers?

P.S.
I�m sure you a very nice person, give the shirt off your back and you have the (*****) to post a respond to this thread.

Is Saddam Hussein a terrorist, yes
really says who?

This is enough for me to have had Hussein removed from power. People will be dying on either side of this. I have a son who just turned 18. Will a draft be started, I guess that depends on whether or not the terrorists up the stakes. It also depends on if we (US) have to provide the most manpower and money. Nations aligned against terrorism need to pull their share of this fight. I�ve already told my son if you have to enter the military you have to be prepared to do, that why you've got to make sure your right with God.

I�m sorry � War is good Business invest your son.

I too don't completely trust politicians, no matter who they are. This 2 party system we have where they pit them selves against each other is ridiculous. Each of them takes turns proclaiming themselves savior and the other Satan. Instead of doing that how about admitting you don't know all the answers and work together to find the answers.

Again I�m sorry, �there�s only one dealer for every game and the house always win�s�

I agree with you on this, but as they say where I come from �no money no funny�
I will leave you with this thought, do you know what a mind set is?
Well the next time you year the name Bush you will think terrorist
And the next time you hear the word terrorist you will think Bush,

spacedoubt

spacedoubt
Someone is finally at the helm, that shows an inkling of the knowledge that
Polictical OVER correctness, is part of what allowed us to be attacked.

It takes two inklings to have a iota so I guess George is one short so much for that idea.

He talks TO the American people, not AT the American people

More like he repeats what he has been told to say

He believes in Lower taxes

for who the top 1 to 10% of the populace

He is not as POLL DRIVEN, as recent presidents. Knowing that some of his decisions, may not be very popular, he moves ahead anyway.

sorry that�s because he don�t read

He is not as resonsible for the Economic downturn as a lot of folks are saying.
After all, it was on its way down at the end of the previous administration.
9-11 accelerated it. Clintons Admin was propped up by the ethereal DOT COM boom. And of course, the RUSH for companies to upgrade to Y2K compliance,

all the records where destroyed in the World Trade Center�s

He has personal values, family values

yea make the families of his friends richer

He won the election, didn't "steal it" BUT I think THATS the main reason
Liberals are the shrillest I've EVER seen.

Stole with the help of his brother and judges appointed by his father
sorry for butting in moJom

[edit on 3-7-2004 by Sauron fo grammer]

[edit on 3-7-2004 by Sauron]

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Sauron,

Yep, you screwed it up for Mojom..
But you made my "shrillness" point for me.
I appreciate that.

Space

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
Sauron,

Yep, you screwed it up for Mojom..
But you made my "shrillness" point for me.
I appreciate that.

Space

don't forget my big mouth

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Well I am happy that he attacked Afganistan and went after Osama and the terrorist.

I am happy to see the CIA getting some badly needed cash and resources.

I am happy that he supported our troops by showing up in Iraq.

I am happy that I got my 300 dollar check even though I would have been happy to see it go to the national debt or NASA =).

He proves that old drunkards, AWOL soldiers, and drug users can indeed make it to the top.

Since I am in the military I am happy to see the raises we got during this time. They were and still are long overdue for what I/we do for our country.

Thats about it really I could list 100 times as many things that I do not like about Bush but in the spirit of this thread I wont.

I would probably have a little more money to myself if Bush wins another 4 years but at the expense of my soul, and the lives or more GI'S I'll pass. I will be voting for Kerry, and since my girl friend is not political I get 2 votes
. Got her to register last week!

I live in Florida and did not vote last time.

[edit on 3-7-2004 by Xeven]

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Xeven

I am happy to see the CIA getting some badly needed cash and resources.

why the CIA was did there job it was Rummy and Cheney who spun it there way

I am happy that he supported our troops by showing up in Iraq.

ha ha it was great wasn�t it plastic turkey with all the fixins

I am happy that I got my 300 dollar check even though I would have been happy to see it go to the national debt or NASA =).

what a bout the money he took away from the Veterans

He proves that old drunkards, AWOL soldiers, and drug users can indeed make it to the top.
yes this is true Only in America and your daddy used to president

Since I am in the military I am happy to see the raises we got during this time. They were and still are long overdue for what I/we do for our country

You are all worth more than what you get, and shouldn�t be where you�re at

I live in Florida and did not vote last time.

your vote doesn�t count LOL

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   
One of the main reasons I am having a problem with trying to decide, is the fact that when Kerry rails on about taxing the rich, in his owrld, thats me. My wife and I are registered nurses that happen to live in the SF Bay Area. It is the highest area in the united states for nursing salaries Top of scale for night shift in my facility is around $57 an hour base, but it also has the highest housing costs. Homes in my neighborhood (middle class) go for arounf $1,000,000 to 1,200,000. This is not a mansion its a 3-4 br house thats 50 years old on anywhere from 5000 - 8000 sq foot lot. Yet by Kerry's standards my wife and I are rich and he will tax us to death. Under Bush we saved quite a bit. Obviously money won't be the only reason, but when trying to have a family it is an important consideration.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   
So that's it huh?!?!? Can't say I'm too surprised actually, but hopefully there are just some people who are just gathering some valid sources to present along with their post.

So far I haven't seen a whole lot of Evidence as far as Positive Changes for Americans thanks to Bush or his Administration. A couple comments about why some of you voted for him, based on his possible Choice of Religion, which is even questioned by those who site it as an example. In fact, I find it hard to believe that anyone who was in fact a Christian and educated in their own Religion would consider Bush a fellow Christian by looking at his actions. Not to mention the fact that he wasn't running for a Position within the Church. He was was running for the Highest Official Position of the U.S.A. which is a position that should be based not upon one's Faith in God, but one's Leadership of The People & For the People. If you're looking for Leaders of Divine Right then what you're wanting is a King not a Democratically elected President.

Then there is some Pro War comments and a couple comments about how Bush is at least a 'Gung Ho' Action kind of guy. Once again this is all fine and dandy that people approve of his Character, but I fail to see how any of this has produced any positive results for the American people. In fact, it would seem to be the opposite in pretty much every possible way. Even when trying to use the example of Safety for America most seem to confuse the difference between Offense and Defense. I'm not saying there aren't serious threats out there, however, I think it's quite obvious that becoming a World Conqueror and/or World Police Force is not doing this Country any good at all, and may have actually made things worse as far as World Relations then ever before.

FredT, I'm not sure what to say about your comment. While I do understand what you're saying, I simply cannot feel sorry for anyone who's only concern is that their 'Status of Being Rich' may lead to extra taxes. I suppose I should feel sympathetic for the fact that you'll finally understand what it's like for the other 90% of the people in this country that already live on a fraction of just one of your family incomes. Not that you don't deserve it, because you certainly do. But to worry so much about your already very comfortable bottom line in comparison to all the other issues and problems at the moment seems kinda cold to me.

I suppose a War that is killing Americans and Innocent Iraqi's & Unfortunate hostages, Homeless and Jobless Americans, War Profiteering Corps., possible criminal or treasonous acts of American Officials, and so on may be worth it for a few extra bucks. It seems to be ok with most people nowadays, so maybe I shouldn't expect it to be any different. After all, I would assume the President and his Administration would certainly see it the same way. I know you said money isn't the only reason, but that's all I have to go by until you write more.

Even with all that I still have yet to see a post that shows some real positive things which THIS ADMINISTRATION has done. Not just why some of you voted for Bush or might vote for him again, especially if it's just for some personal reason like you like the way he dresses, or the fact that he believes in Family Values. What he believes in and what he actually does, like most Scum Bag Politicians are rarely the same.

But not only Bush, but what about the rest of the Admin. Really, what have these people done that has made this Country into a better place. (note: making everywhere else worse is not the same as making here better!!) Come on, there has got to be something. Month after month I've seen Hardcore Bush & Admin. supporters wage heated Wars against any attacks that were made at how things have been run.

With all that enthusiastic debate there has got to be someone who can really show some hard evidence to support that side. What positive things have happened for American's & America Itself? How about positive things for the People of this Country, other than the Super Rich 5%, Big Business, etc.? How about the Environment or Education or Homeless or Heath Care or Poverty or Pollution??

Honestly, I know you guys can do better than this with all the fight you've put up over the past couple years. Don't rattle off stuff about Liberal Lies and all that crap. Instead show me the Pro's to your side in supporting the Current Admin. and it's policies. You see what I'm asking for??

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by mOjOm

FredT, I'm not sure what to say about your comment. While I do understand what you're saying, I simply cannot feel sorry for anyone who's only concern is that their 'Status of Being Rich' may lead to extra taxes. I suppose I should feel sympathetic for the fact that you'll finally understand what it's like for the other 90% of the people in this country that already live on a fraction of just one of your family incomes. Not that you don't deserve it, because you certainly do. But to worry so much about your already very comfortable bottom line in comparison to all the other issues and problems at the moment seems kinda cold to me.

Now Now I just said it was one of the considerations not an overriding one. And FYI were are far from comfortable and live paycheck to paycheck. Let me reemphasize the point. Due to the ultra high cost of living in teh SF Bay area our salaries are comparitivly high when lookin at other areas of the country. Kerry does not take that into account. He looks at my family lables us a rich and taxes the bejesus out of us. People think we are all Dot Com billionairs. The reality is that we manage to get along and an extra 2000 or so in tax savings goes a long way for us. Don't forget we also have some pretty high state taxes here as well. I would not and never have based my vote on a single issue and esp about money. Your post seemed to be asking for reasons and I gave you one of them. I have serious concerns about Bushes religious agenda as well as the possibility that any surpreme court nominies with a Scalia bent could adversely effect our society for years to come.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 11:55 PM
link   
mojom,

I see what you are asking for. Thats what I gave you.
Truth is: Replace Bush, with just about any ex-presidents name.
You would get similar results. There are probably some exceptions,
of course, but what you are asking may be an exercise in futility.
I hope not though, you're going about this in a thoghtful way.

Another thing I have noticed is that Conservatives aren't generally as IN-YOUR-FACE as liberals, This is a new trend I believe.
I live this trend everyday, in my workplace. I mostly keep my mouth shut,
and laugh to myself, at the absurdity of the Bush blasters I work with.

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 12:08 AM
link   
How horribly sad. Typical Bush-bashers, just voicing OPINION and SPECULATION. Not one link to back them up. Oh Bush is stupid, he stole the election, BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH.

I am so sick to death of people saying Bush is stupid and show a quote that is completely out of context. Bush graduated from an Ivy league school, in case you are wondering. And if you say his rich daddy got him to graduate, I will just puke. Is that to say that every rich person's daddy got them to graduate? Last time I checked, the tuition at an Ivy league shool isn't cheap.

Show some F'ing proof of your allegations about Bush, or else they are just that, merely accusation, opinion and specualtion

[edit on 7-4-2004 by nyarlathotep]

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I think this should be in the mud pit....no proof of any political scandals and just another thread with a bunch of people screaming their hearts out with insults about nothing in specific.

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Is that to say that every rich person's daddy got them to graduate? Last time I checked, the tuition at an Ivy league shool isn't cheap.

That's why it takes rich people...Plus, there is a board that decided who is accepted to the school. If a student's parent or associate knows someone who is on that board, they will get in the school in a heartbeat.
I've got into an ivy league and another prestigious university that way...Thats the way the system works.

Also, look up Bush's Yale transcript. You will see that most of his grades are in the 70s. He barely passed Basic Economics for example, and now he is the leader of the nation.

Bush Yale transcript

As far as Bush, I don't support him because of the Patriot Act, his attitude towards protestors, his attitude towards other dissenters, IMO the conflict of interest between War contracts which erases competition (is not capitalism), and the fact that Bush and his administration outlined their plans for the presidency back in 2000 through PNAC and then sold a lie to the American public about what Bush wanted. All of which have proof.

Patriot Act
Many More Where this Comes From, Gives you an outline on what protestors have to put up with
No-Bid Contracts
PNAC

Note, this thread is not solely about Bush, it is about his administration as well....

I think this should be in the mud pit....no proof of any political scandals and just another thread with a bunch of people screaming their hearts out with insults about nothing in specific

[edit on 4-7-2004 by Jamuhn]

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt

mojom,

I see what you are asking for. Thats what I gave you.
Truth is: Replace Bush, with just about any ex-presidents name.
You would get similar results. There are probably some exceptions,
of course, but what you are asking may be an exercise in futility.
I hope not though, you're going about this in a thoughtful way.

I think you've made a ver profound statement there actually. Perhaps there is not any Administration, Present or Past (that anyone alive is aware of anyway) that can be shown to have actually done anything Positive for this Country and it's People of any Real Substantial Worth. Perhaps it is time for All People, Left, Right, Middle, Green, Indi, etc. to put away their differences and admit that WE ARE ALL LOST unless we can join together for the common good of The People of this Land. Continuing to fight each other, one side over the other only works to destroy the very thing we all wish to save. Our Country and Ourselves. The real question is whether or not the People of this Country can Unite together and work together side by side, not as enemies or allies but as fellow Americans and restore what was once Freedom, Liberty, Sovereignty and Respect for Each Other & Our Equal Right to Live as Free Men.

Another thing I have noticed is that Conservatives aren't generally as IN-YOUR-FACE as liberals, This is a new trend I believe.
I live this trend everyday, in my workplace. I mostly keep my mouth shut,
and laugh to myself, at the absurdity of the Bush blasters I work with.

I don't know what it means to be a Conservative or Liberal as I have never tried to join their groups nor have I ever found any two of the same group that could ultimately agree upon what it is they stand for. The only thing either group can do however is agree that the other group is wrong and is the enemy. I am simply one man, no more, no less. I am looking for others like myself, who also have the courage to define themselves as themselves and not by some Collective Label. It is not a man's name or label that makes him who he is, but the man himself.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join