posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 03:35 PM
In a shocking report from the New York Times an alleged agreement between U.S. and Saudi officials would result in the exchange of terrorist suspects
held in Guantanamo last year for the release of five Britons and two others. New York Times says this was part of a three-way deal intended to satisfy
important allies in the invasion of Iraq...
July 3 — American officials agreed to return five terrorism suspects to Saudi Arabia from Guantánamo Bay, Cuba, last year as part of a secret
three-way deal intended to satisfy important allies in the invasion of Iraq, according to senior American and British officials.
Under the arrangement, Saudi officials later released five Britons and two others who had been convicted of terrorist attacks in Saudi Arabia, the
officials said. British diplomats said they believed that the men had been tortured by Saudi security police officers into confessing falsely.
Officials involved in the deliberations said the transfer of the Saudis from Guantánamo initially met with objections from officials at the Pentagon,
the Central Intelligence Agency and the Justice Department. Those officials questioned whether some detainees were too dangerous to send back and
whether the United States could trust Saudi promises to keep the men imprisoned.
Please visit the link provided for the complete story.
This should show that the U.S.A. was at some government levels willing to do anything including giving up known terrorists to keep the "allies"
happy while they invaded Iraq.
What other secret deals have been made that we do not know about?
[edit on 3-7-2004 by UM_Gazz]