It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who ARE these people?: Interesting and obscure movie/TV extras

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Have you ever notice extras in movies/TV shows that stand out from the crowd? Have you ever wondered who are they? Do you know any extras that have popped up in way too many movies/TV shows? Do you know any extras in movies that are scene stealers?

I've seen a thread like this on a movie site - Brtimovies and there's a lady that was an extra in a dozen of TV shows and a few movies from the late 50's well into the 70's. They call her 'Pauline':

Go to the third post (by cornershop15):
Britmovie.co.uk

The thing is this lady appears in screen caps almost on every page to the end of the thread. It appears to me that she was quite a popular choice for an extra. Have you ever been curious about some extras?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Did you see the Charlie Chaplin time traveler clip.

That one was pretty cool, even if it was a hearing aid.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I was an "extra" in an old movie...I played Heather Locklears daughter. Nothing special about it at all which is probably why I barely remember it lol.
Usually film or tv show directors are looking for specific types of extras for specific scenes.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
@AnteBellum
Yeah, but I'm not talking about time travelers here.

I'm talking about people that:
a) Have appeared in a considerable amount of movies/ TV shows for an extra, or
b) Have a presence and stand out from the typical extra crowd, or
c) Both a) and c)
edit on 8-12-2010 by imnessie because: ...

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
In fact some extras are so obscure that they are as mysterious as most conspiracy theories.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by matrixportal
I was an "extra" in an old movie...I played Heather Locklears daughter. Nothing special about it at all which is probably why I barely remember it lol.
Usually film or tv show directors are looking for specific types of extras for specific scenes.

I remember! You were great in it!
Got screwed by the academy if I say so myself.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I've been an extra in 8 films and 5 TV shows of varying levels of influence and budget.

I mainly go for the German soldier/officer role, roman centurion,fantasy characters,dodgy characters, wounded men,masked men or police officers.

I was an extra in Iron Sky(November 2010) one of the personal guards of the main female lead Julia Dietze. She is gorgeous and very intelligent, shame she is 10 years my senior lol. Gutted what happens to me during the invasion of Earth though.

Looking forward to the film, it was a lot of fun and the explosions were epic.
My German was excellent according to Julia and my favourite German actor Götz Otto and seeing as i'm a northern english lad i got on well with him. Being tall is a huge advantage. He was 6'6 i was 6'3 and she was 5'6 lol. I was in the film for a total of like 21 minutes though only 4 minutes of that was speaking. In the edit i see it being reduced to half to fit in their 1h 40min plan. Just 1 scene and i would be happy!

I have some great pictures on the set as well. I never put pictures online though as whatever goes on the internet stays on the internet. I got to keep the space nazi emblem as a souvenir and a signed photograph of Julia and Götz plus a bit of pay aswell.

edit on 25/11/10 by Raider of Truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
BTW, being in a movie is one of my childhood dreams. I hope I'll get a bit part someday.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

Lol thank you for the sarcasm

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Let's get back on topic - have you ever noticed some prominent extras and wondered 'Who is this?' or 'This guy/girl looks familiar!'.

top topics

join