It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get What's Yours While You Can

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Note: I often write threads and posts then close without posting as a thinking excersise and this was to be one of them. After reading it though I thought "what the hell" and thought I'd put it out there to get some opinion. Some of you may think I'm nuts, pessimistic or wrong. That's fine, but rather than tell me I am....please tell me why you think I am

---------------------------------------------

As recent events have been unfolding it seems clear that many more cyber attacks along with Government and Authoritarian restrictions are going to occur. Financial and political entities are being targeted daily, mainly in response to the Wikileaks issue.

IF they are hit by many more of these cyber attacks and it causes a serious problem that interferes with any kind of internet based business, what are they going to do in reaction?

Cash machines could be taken out of service, records would not be accessible and tellers will not be able to operate, online banking wouldn't be functioning and it all grinds to a halt. Without the ability to keep records, would a bank even give cash over the counter?

Small businesses who use and often depend on things like paypal, credit card transfers and direct transfers are going to suffer big time but it could also prevent employers from paying salaries that would normally have been done using digital methods. Recent problems with one of the major banks in Australia have already occured and things got real bad. ATS Thread: Major Australian Bank In Electronic Payment Meltdown. (A test perhaps?)

Another thing to maybe bear in mind is that if these attacks continue, what's to stop that big finger hitting the internet's OFF button in an attempt by the victims to minimise damage? I'd like to think that would be a last resort because big business needs it to help rake in their billions but who knows.

At the end of the day, things could get crazy and current popular payment systems could maybe grind to a stop.

Is this why precious metals have become so popular. Is this all part of a well crafted plan and those who are believed to be the attackers (or connected to Wikileaks) actually TPTB? I recon THEY have most of the precious metals don't you?

Cash currently has limitations, especially now so many people are familiar with, limited to and indoctrinated into using plastic and virtual money at the push of a button, but cash is REAL and I'm sure people would be glad to use it if there was no option. The convenience of the digital age of finance has created apathy and a detatchment towards cost, would a return to a cash only environment bring back some of the "worth" and "value" that people have lost?

I keep finding SO many questions...I don't expect answers but if anyone can add some perspective here, you guys and girls can.

If cash was the only option, how long would it last before crime and civil unrest might become a necessity, would those with the gold and silver locked away have control or would that too be useless? I read about people buying precious metals but how much of that is "real" and how much is just more numbers in a computer somewhere also untouchable if the systems were down?

And how smart are these hackers really? I hope they have the foresight and coordination to see what the results of their actions may be well before they take them. Taking down the paypal blog was one thing and commendable, but if someone took down paypal itself then that has much larger ramifications and affects far more people on a more realistic day to day basis. People who deserve their rewards.

I guess I started this thread to offer a reminder to people to be ready if we reach any kind of digital SHTF scenario and to keep some cash under the matress that would normally be sitting in a bank account making someone else money, pots of fuel in the garage rather than stuck in a turned off petrol pump, food supplies bought and paid for in the pantry instead of rationed behind security guarded doors in a supermarket and anything and everything else you can think of. It may not get you far, but it would get you further than Joe Bloggs with his worthless credit card, paypal balance and online assets sat in his driveway going nowhere and wondering "where's my dinner?".

I also think it would be good to let TPTB know that we don't depend on them 100% for everything and that they cannot just leave us hanging as a result of them opening their big mouths and then having someone ram a virtual fist down their throats because they deserve it. Acting against the things most of us cherish on this little ball of dirt is selfish, freedom is life support, if the plug gets pulled let's keep the "bips" going.

And if anyone from "annonymous" is reading this, go ahead....Hack the world...I for one support you, but make it "their" world, not ours.

Thanks for reading.

ps....being broke I don't have much to lose, but to all those who do..."keep it hidden, keep it safe".

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I agree totally, they are setting the stage for closure and/or massive control over the internet and the realtime free flow of money, information and resources.
We arebeing squeezed tighter and tighter
1) Wikileaks not devulging info with regards to 911.
2) Supposed UFO information to be leaked soon?
3) The stirring between worldly powers as a result of this information.
4) The noise about the supposed threat to National Security.
5) Assange having links with the CIA and other devious characters
6) An increase in these cyber attack news pieces
7) Master card being hacked...

I mean C'mon people...All points to a very clever psyop to me, but thats just my opinion

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mythkiller
I mean C'mon people...All points to a very clever psyop to me, but thats just my opinion

Although I try not to, I am leaning towards that too.

Too many things just seem to "fit" where a plan like this would happen.

Strange thing are happening with Australia also and maybe the recent bank problems WERE a test.

And although off topic, I must admit I've never heard Mr Assange speak and at first glance I'd never say he's Australian. Germanic perhaps or Northern European. He has that Nazi sneer about him.

Cheers.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Yeah...who has the most disposable income to throw at metals? The rich. The really rich. They always do well during musical chairs, don't they? Ya gotta watch for the part where they really start to beg you to follow them. That means the apex is near, the sell off. Then, they do the exact same thing all the way down.
edit on 8-12-2010 by starless and bible black because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
www.abc.net.au...
For the second time in a fortnight, National Australia Bank has apologised to its customers for a major systems failure.

Late yesterday, some of the banks electronic channels temporarily collapsed.

The service interruption lasted about an hour but it left some customers unable to access their money online or through ATMs and EFTPOS facilities.

This is the second such "malfunction" lately and many pensioners ,unemployed and others could not get their payments.Now would the banks be making interest on that money that was meant to go out,and by keeping it longer be reaping in some extra profits? Just a thought.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot

Originally posted by Mythkiller

Although I try not to, I am leaning towards that too.

Too many things just seem to "fit" where a plan like this would happen.

Strange thing are happening with Australia also and maybe the recent bank problems WERE a test.

And although off topic, I must admit I've never heard Mr Assange speak and at first glance I'd never say he's Australian. Germanic perhaps or Northern European. He has that Nazi sneer about him.

Cheers.

I agree with you too, things are fitting to neatly like a glove. They never explained to anyones satisfaction the banking glitch/software issue in Australia. And then we have this super leader of a cyberinformation organization that has been able to keep one step ahead of th world and not only that have a following of hackers who are attacking money centers and other organizations who messed with wikileaks. And this is the key, they are successful without a flaw. This is either as the one poster put it a psyops where they are using him Assange and his organization to be the leaders and poster child for internet terrorism and then the reason for more control or cut off switch for the internet. Or he's truly that good and had precautions set up in case of this happening.

I have a weird feeling that something is lurking in the waters right off the shore and it's waiting for it's time to strike.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Will do as have done for years.. Cash only - no western currencies accepted. And / or trade . While laughing at the mess that people made with the misguided idea that plastic is better..

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
i steal all my money from the rich, they can afford it

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by aliengenes

Unless it's cash it may become worthless.

new topics

top topics

join