It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assange should get Nobel prize: Russia

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

I just dont understand why Obama won the Nobel prize.

What he did for peace did he deserve to enter history as a nobel?

And i believed in Obama. Not anymore.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ianmoone1

Worth repeating, from your JFK quote:

"The very word "secrecy" is repugnant in a free and open society; and we are as a people inherently and historically opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths and to secret proceedings. We decided long ago that the dangers of excessive and unwarranted concealment of pertinent facts far outweighed the dangers which are cited to justify it.

Interesting OP - S&F. ...I agree - a Nobel Peace Prize for Assange is appropriate.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

You're right, he is an enemy. One of the greatest enemies of censorship of all time. In this case the scandal was the U.S.. But what if this were a Russian scandal, you'd say he's an enemy? I think not.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Maybe Russia just doesn't realize this is the beginning of the end of dark secrecy. When everyone realizes that transparency has to be universal to be moral, many will scurry for the shadows.

Russia might think they have destroyed their dark history in a regime change, and have plausible deniability in pointing to their past.

But maybe they are tired of keeping up with the game and are ready to undermine the current control schemes.

They've done weirder things.

ZG

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I highly doubt Julian Assange would accept a Nobel Peace Prize..

I'm pretty sure he knows they are rigged with recipients like Obama and Gore.
Just to name a few..

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Of course help and kudos from Russia to him. Everything he has released thus far has dealt with the US and much of that has shown them in a bad light.

Bad political blood goes back ages between Russia and the US. This is just a case of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" as far as Russia is concerned.

Should he ever release anything that shows Russia in a bad light their tune will change extremely quickly.

Of course, Russia has lately been killing journalists that have been critical of Russia.

Second Russian journalist in three days killed

Russian journalist dies after police beating

...and this could very well be one of the reasons Wikileaks hasn't released anything about Russia yet.

Russia is no fan of journalistic freedom or government transparency. However, they are huge fans of anything that shows the US government in a bad light.

..and for those asking what if this were a Russian scandal. Well - his sources would certainly be dead by now and his days would likely be numbered if the Russians could find him if was a Russian scandal. That could be the reason we haven't seen anything along those lines yet.

edit on 8-12-2010 by Frogs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Russia is run by former intelligence agents. They are the smartest and most well-informed government in the world.

I'm sure when they support Assange like this, they say it as a joke just to rub the US's face into its pile of crap that it just slipped and fell in. I'm sure Putin and Medvedev are pissing themselves laughing

And Assange is not stupid. I doubt he will authorize too much data against Russia, because Russia will do far worse to him then arrest him in front of the cameras. Assange has created a winning situation for the Russians, because nobody screws with Russia.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ianmoone1
John F Kennedy - "the peoples president" speaking in 1961.

In 1961 the United States was leaning heavily towards becoming the kind of people that JFK was speaking to when he said:
"The very word "secrecy" is repugnant in a free and open society; and we are as a people inherently and historically opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths and to secret proceedings. We decided long ago that the dangers of excessive and unwarranted concealment of pertinent facts far outweighed the dangers which are cited to justify it. Even today, there is little value in opposing the threat of a closed society by imitating its arbitrary restrictions. Even today, there is little value in insuring the survival of our nation if our traditions do not survive with it. And there is very grave danger that an announced need for increased security will be seized upon by those anxious to expand its meaning to the very limits of official censorship and concealment. That I do not intend to permit to the extent that it is in my control. And no official of my Administration, whether his rank is high or low, civilian or military, should interpret my words here tonight as an excuse to censor the news, to stifle dissent, to cover up our mistakes or to withhold from the press and the public the facts they deserve to know."

Compare that against what Sarah Palin said and others who want Assange tried on Espionage/Treason charges - heck one has first to be a US citizen to betray the USA in a treasonous way and Assange is an Australian citizen apparently - what sort of geograhic ignorance and arrogance does one have to posess - to suggest he be charged in the USA with espionage/treason?

The above situation shows just how FAR the USA has sunk, in the 50 years since they allowed their president to be Assassinated by the Bushclan at the behest of the Rockerfellers.

John D Rockerfeller (and his 4 sons heirs) have succeeded when he voved:-

He also vowed in turn he would "break apart" the United States

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Read and understand!

Cheers

Nice post but that quote from JFK, is probably the reason he was assasinated.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Nobel prize? You mean the award they gave to Obama for PEACE? ... Why not then?

reply to post by Alxandro

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

This is debatable as Wikileaks has also said to release leaked Russian files as well sometime in the future...

Remember that Russia has had its' Stalin period and learned from it, the US hasn't yet.

edit on 9-12-2010 by Zamini because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Hey, i am tied of the secrecy. tired of the goverment stealing all the information needed for people to make intelligent and informed decisions and opinions.Then feeding it to us in doses sufficient to move us this way or that as they desire.
I for one have little to lose and would gladly get involvd in a knock down dragout scrap with the PTB over all the monies they have pilfered from us.Never mind the misdirection of power.
The baby boomers are getting to the point that they have seen the depreciation of freedom in their own time.
In the next years they will be finding out how badly their goverment cheated them.....
their gonna be pissed!

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Of course the Kremlin wants to give him the Nobel Prize. After all, he was able to cause more damage to the US’s world PR then the KGB was able to do throughout the entire cold war.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by RUSSO
reply to post by wcitizen

Well, Assange said that the world would change after the leaks.

And seems that IS what is happening.

Russia? Really?

This would be my last guess.

Yes, change you can believe in! Lol! Spot the Zionists.....never waste an opportunity!

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot

Originally posted by wcitizen
The mind boggles - from one of the most secretive governments in the world, a statement like this, lol, the world truly is run by crazies!

I agree that Assange is worthy of recognition, but coming from Russia, it's unbelievable.

Not if you consider that the Russians could gain a few billion friends with their apparent sympathy.

Yep, that's obviously what they are doing, but the craziness of their attempt kind of beggars belief.
I'm starting to think the Zionists are losing it!
edit on 9-12-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

I defiantly agree with your statement.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Seriously, did I just wake up in some sort of parallel universe or something?

Russia supporting JA, a civillian of the Wester World and the US calling for his blood?

I would never have believed it!

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Why not?

Imo Assange is more deserving for the Noble Prize than Obama.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
If you look at Julian close enough he may have some nordic features but whats the bet his bloodline has origins in Russia....

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Assange sounds more like French to me.

Second line, just as important as the first.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Has ATS became so Anti american?
You would give the noble peace prize to a man in jail with TWO not one charges of rape on him.

Have you no compassion community?
Two women may or may have not been raped by this man..and if they start reading how there rapist should get the noble peace prize...would you show up to court?
get depression cause your rapist is up for the prize.

In flat Ats community atm wouldn't care if he molested children as long a she HURT America in some way shape or form.
There is conspiracy's and a flat agenda by a ATS community in general to hurt a country ...
and ats has stepped over that fine line with this wikileaks crap .

From now on I advise anyone that is in love with assange to put me on ignore list.
cause i am going threw every thread and doing same to you guy's.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

Correction; two trumped up charges of rape against him, where one of the women has decided not to co-operate with the Swedish courts or even her own lawyer. The charges for rape in Sweden are very convoluted and these charges would be laughed out of court in any other country, as even the women involved admit that the sex was consensual.

You have to be blind not to see that those charges are BS. They were already thrown out by a Swedish Judge but ever since the cables came out, all of a sudden, they want him back there

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join