It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fragus Toolkit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Something called "Fragus Toolkit" just tried to attack my computer and was blocked by my antivirus program. The attacking computer isp was - my own! The destination computer was somewhere in the Ukraine according to Whois.net.

There are a number of discussion threads on the net about this attact. Anyone here know anything about it? Any info would be great.

Thanks

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

dont google it the sites that come up are fake help me sites with blogs
they will instruct you to download a file
and bam they got you
go to nod32 online virus scanner
it will find and fix for you
xp

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Looks like a pretty comprehensive exploit kit... Symantec: Fragus Exploit Kit

Looks like your browser was exploited from visiting a malicious site, a payload was downloaded, and you're now the happy owner of a trojan/botnet! Looks expensive too - $800 to buy this kit.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Just get a good anti-virus like Avast.

Also, if you're on Vista/7 you should be fine.

It's a tool that individuals use to run a barrage of security exploits on an individual/multiple computers, kind of like Metasploit Framework.

More than likely it's some script kiddy on your ISP trying to attack you

You should be fine. Just auto-update etc, and get Avast.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Revolution-2012

It's sort of like Metaspoit... It embeds malicious code into advertisements/websites that drops a payload if you visit the site. Metasploit doesn't create webpages to do this though - it relies on P2P or client-side attack. Fragus is harder to trace, since it's a webpage and not a computer-to-computer exploit.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
My antivirus notified me that it (the attacking toolkit) was successfully blocked and that no further action was needed. I am however going to run a Malwarebytes full scan after Superantispyware finishes running its full scan. It does seem to be a nasty little bugger from what I've read in the online forums though. Thanks for the info. I suppose it could have been initiated by anyone, anywhere who bought the damn thing for $800.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Oh, by the way, it attacked just after I left from looking at a Myspace page. Is Myspace notorious for this kind of thing. If so, I'll never visit another Myspace page ever again.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by pforkp

Ahh, I didn't read the whole just of it, just what symnatec and one other source said.

Thanks for the info

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I did a full scan with both Superantispyware and Malwarebytes. No threats detected. Cancel red alert.

top topics

join