It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sky Prawns : Food for a Nation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Locust's, the flying eating machines that decimate food crops around the world,should become part of our staple food diet.They should be eaten with vigour and soy sauce,toasted or grilled ,mashed or minced.Lets turn the table on these prawns of the sky and make them pay the ultimate sacrifice so humans can prosper and excel .
Nutritious and delicious(depending on personal taste).
Open your door on their flightpath and let them land straight into the pot.
Crazy talk ?Hardly ,these all devouring super feeders are already eaten in some countries ,so why aren't they harvested and exported or turned into a local delicacy in western society instead of being sprayed ?

(Please consult your dietician/mum before consuming locusts)

Your thoughts/cooking and catching tips?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Hahaha, yes. Eat. Eat.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

I think I remeber reading that "John the Babtist" ate locust and wild honey. They are probably very healthy. I wonder what they taste like?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by eaglewoman

I've eaten a grasshopper, flew into my mouth when I was in a truck a few years ago. I bit down too, because I was talking. It doesn't taste like anything. The legs suck though, and they also secrete a nasty black piss out of their rear ends. Removing those two things, and you might get chicken.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
They are healthy and nutty tasting, insects contain no fat and are mostly protein.

But don't eat bugs unless you take off the wings and legs first, much better taste.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

Your thoughts/cooking and catching tips?

Make mine chocolate covered. Women will eat ANYTHING if you douse it in chocolate, even ants. (I fed them to my mom)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Good idea. I like eating crickets. A company called Hotlix packages them under the name Crick-ettes. They come in a variety of flavors. One important thing to consider when eating insects is parasites. There are some that infect locusts, as well as grasshoppers. I'm not sure if they affect humans or not. It is something to check into, though.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   

www.bharatvani.org...

The eating of locusts is permissible. “We went on seven expeditions with Allah’s Messenger and ate locusts,” report Ibn AbU AufA and AbU Bakr (4801-4803).

Muhammad said it was permissible .
John ate them as well, with honey .
www.jstor.org...:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
You want to catch some of these suckers?
Put your fridge in their path, open the door ,put in some bait /tasty treat ,wait until the fridge is full then close the door ,switch on and Instant deep freezed Sky Prawns for that Christmas day BBQ. Dip in Batter then throw them on the grill ,No one will know the what the hell they are

CX

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap
and they also secrete a nasty black piss out of their rear ends.

I like to think i can eat pretty much anything...but...yes...i did indeed throw up in my mouth a little bit then.

CX.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
www.theage.com.au...
How to cook locusts

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap

I've eaten a grasshopper, flew into my mouth when I was in a truck a few years ago. I bit down too, because I was talking. It doesn't taste like anything. The legs suck though, and they also secrete a nasty black piss out of their rear ends. Removing those two things, and you might get chicken.

So....

Grasshopper - legs - nasty black piss = chicken

That is good!

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   
hah yes they ruined our food and harvest .we have nothing to eat .
so it is a good idea that let them become an delicacy for us
maybe it is more delicious and nutritiour than the crops

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz
Sky Prawns for that Christmas day BBQ. Dip in Batter then throw them on the grill ,No one will know the what the hell they are

note to self.... never accept an invitation from 12voltz to come over for one of his BBQ.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I would like them with some farva beans and a nice chiante'....

I think I could consume locusts, but, I would absolutely have to have no other options before actually breaking down and eating a bug.

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I've eaten locusts stir friend in chilli sauce, they were pretty good, kind of crunchy but not bad tasting at all

Edit to add.
If you are going to start thinking of food in terms of what parasites or diseases they can have or how they might make you sick the Chicken is probably much worse
edit on 31-12-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join