It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I lurked, I read, I joined, Now I say 'Hi!'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I lurked for a while reading in the shadows, then decided to join. Then I lurked and read some more. I have a real go-getter attitude, no?
Now it's time for me to say Hello, to all that will greet me.

I consider myself to be a general skeptic, with a taste for conspiracy regardless. I like to think that Occam's Razor applies to a lot, but has wiggle room ("That's a bunch of tinfoil horse-pucky...Or is it?") I'd like to believe the more jaw-dropping of theories were true, but alas, the skeptical part of me sometimes wins out. I'm a believer that anything we see usually is presented on a silver platter to the masses, and whether or not we buy the pitch is up to us. Quite the conflicting mindset!

I have a thirst for science. I'm fascinated and enthralled by astronomy (sweet deep space, what secrets do you hold?) ancient civilizations (I do not believe they were anywhere near as stupid/primitive as generally thought) mythology (I fell in love with the Atlantis myth as a child)

I'm interested in Area 51/Dugway Proving Grounds, first and foremost because the forbidden is like moths to a flame. That allure is always a part of the draw. I also love all things airborne, so that aspect interests me as well. It doesn't have to be a UFO in an alien sense, just mysterious and you've hooked me

What mysteries reside at the bowels of the oceans enchant me. What unknown creatures live there? What untold numbers of human-made things of any time period reside in that graveyard? What unimaginable phenomena still wait to be discovered?

While I believe modern medicines have their places, I find myself thinking more often than not that some cures are far worse than the diseases. Money reigns, that is undeniable.
Medicine aside, I think we're on the subconscious warpath to poison ourselves into oblivion if we don't watch ourselves closely. What kind of genetic damage have we done to ourselves in the short period of time of our "Chemical Revolution"? From medicine to inanimate objects of desire, the camel comes with the strength for only so many straws.

I hope to do more here than merely read. I hope to find my footing and participate in any given discussion just like everyone else

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS Nyiah!
You seem to have a thirst for knowledge. I believe that's what makes this site and its members great. I too was a lurker for a long time before joining. There is so much info here. The search button can bring you anything you desire (almost).

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

Welcome to the nuthouse!

Just kidding - a lot of stories get broken on here before they ever make it to the MSM.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

Welcome dude! if you need help with anything just ask

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Im new today as well. Love the site. A ton of great topics that really make's you think about what is really going on out there. I just hope one day soon the wikileak's info will let us all know the things the elite dont want us to know.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Thank you for the warm welcome

I'm not sure where to begin posting, to be honest. Having the power of the "reply" button at my disposal is a little intimidating now, lol!

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   

top topics

join