It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks...are there MORE WHISTLEBLOWERS!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Wikileaks is a web site that publishers material sent to them by whistleblowers, RIGHT.

So in light of all the recent hoop and hollar, how many more whistleblowers are out there ready to pounce.

I'm talking about a discruntled employee from lets say the CIA or NSA or FBI or NRO. Also maybe another non military, non agency government department.

What we have seen recently is just the tip of the iceberg imo, and there is no more motivation than getting
"YOUR STUFF" published on the internet, to "pay back" a boss or company.

So, good friends, lets just sit back and see if there are more "canaries in a coalmine" ready to sing.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by downunderET
Wikileaks is a web site that publishers material sent to them by whistleblowers, RIGHT.

So in light of all the recent hoop and hollar, how many more whistleblowers are out there ready to pounce.

I'm talking about a discruntled employee from lets say the CIA or NSA or FBI or NRO. Also maybe another non military, non agency government department.

What we have seen recently is just the tip of the iceberg imo, and there is no more motivation than getting
"YOUR STUFF" published on the internet, to "pay back" a boss or company.

So, good friends, lets just sit back and see if there are more "canaries in a coalmine" ready to sing.

What really shocks me about your post is its complete lack of appreciation for all those who are putting their lives at risk, literally, to try to create a better world for all of us.

second
edit on 8-12-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
So are you saying that Wikileaks has actually dissuaded potential whistle-blowers from coming forward due to bad press? Or are you saying that now is their chance to get some publicity for their own leaks?

Also, if you do feel like leaking something, don't send it to Wikileaks! They are obviously selective in what they want to leak and what timeline they should release things on. Don't centralize leaks (ever heard of putting all your eggs in one basket?)... send it to as many whistleblowing sites as possible, like Whistleblower.org or Cryptome, among several others.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by pforkp
So are you saying that Wikileaks has actually dissuaded potential whistle-blowers from coming forward due to bad press? Or are you saying that now is their chance to get some publicity for their own leaks?

Also, if you do feel like leaking something, don't send it to Wikileaks! They are obviously selective in what they want to leak and what timeline they should release things on. Don't centralize leaks (ever heard of putting all your eggs in one basket?)... send it to as many whistleblowing sites as possible, like Whistleblower.org or Cryptome, among several others.

No, what I'm saying is that this deluge could leed to more of the same. I'm an Australian and I support Wikileaks to the hilt. In other words, there could be more people who are holding more secret files AND maybe in a position to leak this information.

The success of Wikileaks is definately a tonic for more whistleblowers to come forward, and who knows what could be on someones PC just sitting there waiting for an opportunity to LEAK

top topics

join