It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Piers Morgan on fake Iraq War photos that got him fired: ‘It was a moral duty’

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

So, it was his "moral duty" to publish fake photos and lie about what was going on? So much for journalistic integrity.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by signal2noise

Yes agreed this is rubbish from Piers. He feels vindicated eh. Just keep telling yourself that Piers. Anything that helps you sleep at night.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by signal2noise

I don't think he knew they were fakes at the time. He doesn't say it was a moral duty to publish fake photos. He felt it was a moral duty to publish photos he thought were real at the time.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer
I don't think he knew they were fakes at the time. He doesn't say it was a moral duty to publish fake photos. He felt it was a moral duty to publish photos he thought were real at the time.

Ah, gotcha. Still, I'm glad to see that journalists still do research prior to publishing something.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by signal2noise

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

Ah, gotcha. Still, I'm glad to see that journalists still do research prior to publishing something.

Didn't he say that the Ministry Of Defense had them prior to them being published and they thought they were real? How much more confirmation could you get at that point?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Piers couldn't care less about morals; he is widely regarded in England as being one of the rudest, most self-centred men in the country. He was only interested in increasing the amount of newspapers he sold.
edit on 8-12-2010 by ScepticalBeliever because: (no reason given)

top topics

join