It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Secret Santa

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
So when are the signups for the ATS Secret Santa?

I've waited all year to surprise one of the faithful ATSer's with a fabulous gift but alas I think I missed the signup.

But seriously wouldnt that be a great holiday treat for us here at ATS?
You would research the person who you have been assigned or choose at randon by reading their posts.
Then find some sort of free digital item to send them either in the forum or by U2U, and then share all the gifts with each other in the thread.

One time a year we put aside all the bickering and differences and celebrate the holidays with each other.

What are your thoughts?
edit on 8-12-2010 by youdidntseeme because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

I'm game. Anyone who would like to give me free stuff will make it onto my friends list and I may also send them a personal U2U about a subject of their choice, deal?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I guess the most appropriate name would be:

AboveTopSecretSanta: ATSS

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I had this brilliant and very cheap idea for a Secret Santa - exotic body paint - okay it is a badly re-labelled jar of Marmite!

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by templar knight

I guess I'll need google to tell me what marmite is?

Honestly dont think ive ever heard of it.

eta:
Ok i just looked it up, i think it might be better as a body paint!

edible yeast extract.....the only good part about it is the beer that is made prior to tghe extract!
edit on 8-12-2010 by youdidntseeme because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Anyone else have any thoughts to offer here?
I was half joking when I made the thread, but the mroe I think about it, the more it sounds like a really good idea.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
This is a horrible idea... the only things you can really give are drawings, music, or videos of some sort. No one wants a poem or story. Hell, all I want is peace and quiet... but we all can't have what we want. I... directions...

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by LightBlue

Thank you for your input.
I believe that some people would enjoy the spirit of giving and put some thought into this.
I know I would.
ATSecretSanta would be a way to encourage that.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   

As long as Sue Sylvester of Glee don't belong to ATS, LOL!
Just joking.

edit on 9-12-2010 by ldyserenity because: who took my "O"????

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Hmm ebooks, a link to a free web host with your favourite song (as long as it was copyright free of course
) the photoshoppers could make people an avatar or some wallpaper. Or just a message bout how lovely you think the member is Or of course nude photos

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

Here is the free gift of a word, the word is
laevoduction
n. - movement leftwards. laevogyrate, laevorotatory, adj. turning to left, especially plane of polarized light. laevoversion, n. turning of eyes to left.

I would like you to send me a U2U about a lovely pink Turtle called George who lives behind a can of Tomato soup in a Texas wallmart, his best friend is a discounted skipping rope

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

See Davespanners has the spirit.
Ebooks were actually my first choice.

All it would take is a few minutes reading each persons posts, trying to 'profile' them, and then finding something online that yu think they might have an interest in.

Or making something like an avatar that you think represents this person.

A time of year where ATSers can get away from the backbiting and celebrare together.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Actually, this is a great idea! (speaking as a member, not staff)... There are online services for coordinating it though, like Elfster.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Gazrok thanks for your stamp of approval here.
Never really heard of the online services like elfster that you mentioned.
Ill have to look into more.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Elfster looks cool!

I wish my family would do the secret santa thing my various relatives breeding habits are bankrupting me

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
reply to post by Gazrok

Elfster looks cool!

I wish my family would do the secret santa thing my various relatives breeding habits are bankrupting me

We have actually done it for about 10 years now that way on both my mom's and dad's side. The wife;s side just buys for everyone.
The only problem that ever arose was when people started giving gifts to someone other than there Secret Santa recipient. (I guess thats what they are called). Never any fights or anything crazy like that, it just is werid when everyone exchanges one gift and then one aunt has like 5 because everyone thougt, well if its just one more....

But i recommend it, it saves alot of cash and it gives you an opportunity to really do something nice for one family member, instead of doing something just halfway nice for everyone.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Your U2U will be on it's way shortly

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

Mr. Death Kron is on board!
who else?

top topics

join