It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia to send probe to Phobos (okay BUT look at this picture of it!!!)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by IamAbeliever

thanks for the reminder. this is true, the russians already tried getting there before but lost contact with their satellite or probe, maybe thrown of course by some anomalous body? who knows.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

One name for ya: Marina Popovich.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/534f47bcaa7b.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/de4a0532ce65.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 12/9/2010 by 1AnunnakiBastard because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Oxidation of copper on the surface? Maybe...Maybe not.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by pravvda

Question: If you took a traffic cone that you know is bright orange and you took a picture of it on Probos, would it still be orange? With the different conditions of atmosphere and any thing else that night vary it could have a complete different appearance. If we were able to bring Probos to Earth it could appear a complete different color. Anyhow it's just a guess. They are spending an awful lot of money to find out. Too bad we don't know what they think they know.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   
In colour it looks like a gold and platinum nugget floating in space.

Just read the Wiki on Marina Popovich, I'd never heard of her so thanks for the info

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by alchemist2012
reply to post by anon72

Don't you need Oxygen to create rust??????????????????

RIGHT!

Oxygen and water.......ARE ON PHOBOS!

"This is very intriguing as it implies the interaction of silicate materials with liquid water on the parent body prior to incorporation into Phobos. Alternatively phyllosilicates may have formed in situ, but this would mean that Phobos required sufficient internal heating to enable liquid water to remain stable. More detailed mapping, in-situ measurements from a lander, or sample return would ideally help to settle this issue unambiguously,"

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by 1AnunnakiBastard

www.abovetopsecret.com...

its a hoax
edit on 9-12-2010 by GeisterFahrer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
The solar system apears to have been inhabited a long time ago, centering from mars.The moon phobos could well have been a an orbital spacee station (though im not sure it is presently in the orbit it had at that point)...
It would take a better educated person than myself to compute that part.
With the premiere space exploration orgs all headed towards phobos in the future, i imagine that they have some other sources than the internet that have directed them there.
We the little guys can be guaranteed that we will be that very last o find out anything of importance, and must be satisfied with speculation for a long time to come........
Barring disclosure from the "boys up topside" we aill not find out much till its all wrapped up by tptb.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Man, if ever a woman looked like a Russian woman. Look at the seriousness in her glare. Yes, I have heard of her but more via her spouse who I think is a hero from his own work in Space etc. He also was into UFOs-once heading the USSR Bureau on it.

Anyway, I also found this great discussion on the topic and her-here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It would appear not everyone is a fan of hers-and maybe with good reason.

I would love to get my hands on the Russian Ufo/Alien files! The only thing I can say that if all of what her (and her spouse has said) had any truth to it-the Russian Gov't would have sent them away or had them killed.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   

She is one serious looking chick. The picture that the lady is holding is the last known photo sent from Phobos II. I find it a bit odd that Phobos II and our own Mars Observer were both mysteriously "lost". Now granted, there is probably a lot of stuff floating around up there that could have caused damage to both of them. Another theory is that both the US and the Russians found something and took these projects "black". Could very well be that both Phobos II and the Mars Observer are alive and kicking.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by alchemist2012
reply to post by anon72

Don't you need Oxygen to create rust??????????????????

Not always, the chemical make up of Water is H20 (Hydrogen to 2 parts Oxogen). If the moon has any moisture, water or ice then theres plenty of Oxygen to cause a rusting effect. Oxygen doesnt always have to be a gas in the atmosphere, it all depends on tempreture. Its like saying ice isnt water because its not in a fluid form, doesnt really work that way.

But in order to get a rusting effect on this scale, the geological makeup of that partiular moon must be metallic in nature. Metallic objects rust when combines with oxygen. This is would suggest that there is a large abundance of metal ore on the surface of that moon and a resonable supply of water. The type of metal is subject to interpretation as there are a number of ores that can rust in nature. My own personal guess would be iron ore.

Iron has the "orange-red" characterister when its oxodises (rusts). From what we know about mainstream science, combining carbon with various orese produces stronger metals, if indeed the moon in question is iron like in structure, then there is also a posibility that there could be a resonabl supply of steel there as well.

Carbon is in great abundance in the universe, everything we know is carbon based, Humans, Trees, Diamonds, and even rocks. By combining Iron and Cardbon with heat you get steel. You need a a far amount of energy to combine the two, we tend to used heat (also know as smelting) to combine them. But judging by the size of the crator there would at some point have been a huge energetic impact on the moon. This could vary from heat to kenetic energy, both of which could easily provide enough force and heat to turn iron ore into steel.

Just my thought anyway, best guess is everybody wants to go there because theres a strong posibility that there is an abundance of metals and water. Perfect place for an outpost if your planning on traveling further then mars in the future.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Jademonkey2k

You deserve a flag. End of story.

Thank you.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
"Rust effect" ?

You do realise that the process of rusting doesn't happen in space, right?...

Stop hyping up things you haven't even bothered to investigate.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Motive

Well, that makes sense to me but recently, I read that sound is producable in space. Is that true?

Who really knows-for sure.

I don't think we have been in Space long enough to know any certainties.

But, I do agree with you that what we know about Rust and how it occurrs-currently.

I think everything is subject to change in Space. Maybe not.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Motive

Scientists have found Phyllosilicates on PHOBOS.

Scientists have found Water and Oxygen on PHOBOS.

And PHOBOS was not capured by Mars' gravitational field.

Too many misteries on PHOBOS..........

But I bet that someone knows the truth!

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Motive
"Rust effect" ?

You do realise that the process of rusting doesn't happen in space, right?...

Stop hyping up things you haven't even bothered to investigate.

Just re-read what you wrote there and think about it for a second chap.

Rust doesnt happen in space because as stated before you need oxygen to create it, ergo no oxygen in space no rust. Thats irrafeutable ill agree.

But if you have Water or H20, then theres your oxygen, your again falling into the trap of thinking that oxygen has to be in a gas form, thats simply not true.

Many comets are made of dust and ice and travel thorugh the universe, as they carry ice they carry oxygen. Not in a gas form but in a water form. So while there is no "Breathable" oxygen in space, its definatly there in abundance.

If a moon with no atmosphere has ice or mosture, then its oxygen supply is plentiful. Its a hard concept to grasp because most people think that oxygen can only appear in one form.

Hydrogen is H20 (1 part hydrogen 2 parts oxygen) Just because its not in its gas form doesnt mean its not oxygen. This is why cold fusion has been so sought after for many years, seperating hydrogen and oxygen from water. You use the hydrogen for fuel and the only material left to expel is oxygen, a clean fuel.

It doesnt matter where in space a chemical reaction takes place, as long as the ingedients are there then its the same as anywhere. The only difference is you need a catalyst or energy source to kick start the reaction, in most cases its heat but kenetic energy from an impact would do the job as long as it was sufficient.

As a final point to your comment....yes i have researched this in depth, i suggest you do the same before insulting other peoples intentions, it just makes you look stupid.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by anon72
reply to post by Motive

Well, that makes sense to me but recently, I read that sound is producable in space. Is that true?

Who really knows-for sure.

I don't think we have been in Space long enough to know any certainties.

But, I do agree with you that what we know about Rust and how it occurrs-currently.

I think everything is subject to change in Space. Maybe not.

Yup thats true, science 101, sound doesnt travel though a vacuum. The technical issue of this is waves of energy. All sound is is an osolating energy wave. In order to carry a wave you need something it can "ride on" or pass through. You can feel the effects of it when you stand next to a large speeker, the soundwaves travel though the air creating pressure waves that impact your body.

Unfortuently there is no atmosphere in space so sound cant travel through it. However you are again corect in saying that there are other posibilities of sound traveling through space. 90% of the universe is occupied by dark or black matter. Its almost immesurable in the realm of current science. Does dark matter carry sound waves? possibly but as we know little to nothing about it then no one can say for sure.

Its just as well sound doeesnt travel through conventional space, the amount of noise the sun generates would simply shatter the earth. Wierd but interesting fact

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Jademonkey2k

Great replys (both of them).

You make it sound easy and understandable.

Good job. Stars

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
interseting post. I have researched Phobos quite a bit, and am quite pleased that us and russia same to thier sences and are sending probes, it will be very benifitical.

I have had dreams about Phobos, it beings "placed" there to see if humans were smart enough to take interset, but thats only a dream. Personally i think somehow mars merely look an astroid into its orbit, but yes soil samples is an amazing idea.

You never know what could be found there, maybe even something we dont want

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by GeisterFahrer

I downloaded the alleged Russian raw data of Phobos 2, from here, and surely I'll take a good look at it. Tnks by the tip.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join