It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you do it?? Brain downloading

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Why bother downloading your brain to a computer? If we know how the human brain works and we can build a computer that works just like it, why not just hook yourself to a computer and retrieve everything that you have seen in your whole life. They say that you remember everything but retrieving it is what the problem is. Well why not go back and remember where your car keys are. Or remember a lost loved one. Or anything you want. Also if you can hook yourself to a computer and download yourself to the computer why not go the other way. Why not take knowledge and upload it into your brain. That's what I would do. I could have all the worldly knowledge stuck inside my head. And they say it's possible because we have like a huge brain capacity. it's like Terabytes or something maybe more. Really we don't know so it may be millions more.

So instead of downloading my brain to a computer I would upload stuff into my brain...

[edit on 5-7-2004 by HombreConUnPollo]

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   
hmm brain uploading.. i'm not sure how that would work... our brain is constantly changing with the new info.. a constant state of flux.

imediate upload wouldn't work our brain couldn't make the neccessary neural net changes

maybe nano bots would slowly input the info we wanted....

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Nano bots is a good idea. We could send them in with stem cells and they could change them into nerve cells and ta da. But if we know more about the brain we could be able to deal with the constant changing. Even though i've never heard of that before.

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carrion
Some things in my brain are better left not downloaded, sort of like the internet.

I agree with you there. Everyone has skeletons in the closet, and I'm sure they would not like that information out there. Just think of all of the blackmailing possibilities that could come into effect because of it.
I hope that there were be a cure for Alzheimers before scientists invent a way to download information from someone's brain.

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   

good read.......scary.

www.stevequayle.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I dont see how it would increase your lifespan.

It would not be YOU.

YOU would still be you and when you died you would be dead.

A computer that has your memories is no more "you" than a picture that has your looks is.

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 10:05 PM
link   
..... AND with this brain downloader.. I shall create a cloned army of my genius self.. AND RULE THE WORLD! WHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

ok sorry, got a litte carried away.

I would, if it diidnt hurt or anything. Kinda scary, though, cuz if they get that smart we might get some kind of mass uprising of robots

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
I dont see how it would increase your lifespan.

It would not be YOU.

YOU would still be you and when you died you would be dead.

A computer that has your memories is no more "you" than a picture that has your looks is.

I think what they are saying that the chip together your dna over
a lifespan can record your life experiences. Dna is just a
recording of our lives and the lives of our forefathers biochemically
recorded in our genes. It is essentially a cd of our entire history.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Lol what would happen if you got a virus?

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Megalodon
Lol what would happen if you got a virus?

or an update? remove bad dna sequences
(damaged )..........upload fake memories..

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   
i don't believe current brain formation is stored in your dna.. early brain formation and viability is.. but you dna does not record your brain development as you age

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnusualMe
i don't believe current brain formation is stored in your dna.. early brain formation and viability is.. but you dna does not record your brain development as you age

man grows according to his surroundings
and dna records that change.......it's
called evolution.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join