It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear Event In Poland

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Just saw this on the RSOE EDIS site about an event in Poland that happened today..... Actually happened last month but was Reported today !!

hisz.rsoe.hu...

It concerns the theft of Radioactive Cobalt......

Not being a nuclear scientist, can anyone suggest why that would happen or what it could be used for ??

Regards

PurpleDOG UK
edit on 8-12-2010 by PurpleDog UK because: Added some detail

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

Poland's State Nuclear Agency says a small amount of radioactive cobalt has been stolen from a bankrupt and shuttered foundry in eastern Poland. A spokeswoman for the agency, Monika Skotniczna, said Wednesday the theft of between five and seven containers with Cobalt-60 was discovered last month during stock taking at the Ursus foundry in Lublin. She says the cobalt does not pose a threat to the general public due to the small amount stolen and its age. Still, Croatia's state-run Institute for Radiological and Nuclear Safety is asking that the country's customs services increase border checks to watch for the possible import of the cobalt. Croatian emergency services say they received information about the theft from a European Union warning.

www.680news.com...

This was right on the site.....

Mod Edit: No Quote/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.
Mod Edit: External Source Tags Instructions – Please Review This Link.

edit on 2010/12/8 by GradyPhilpott because: Added external quote tags, a citation for external quote and notes for member.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by nivekronnoco

nivekronnoco

Yes, I know that info was there but that does not answer my question which was - can it be used for something or is it just opportunistic theft ??

Regards
PDUK

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Oh dear, isn't cobalt ever so slightly dangerous?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   

maybe this will shed some light on the subject. Purely speculative but still a possiblity

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
If I remember correctly, cobalt can be used to make dirty bombs
en.wikipedia.org...

also use in pharmaceutical and industry
hubpages.com...

edit on 8-12-2010 by DutchBigBoy because: adding

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AbandonFaieth

Cheers

Thanks for that, I shall sleep more soundly tonight then ???

PDUK

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   

lol i dont know about sleeping more soundly. maybe longer
to be perfectly honest i would be kinda worried if something like that was stolen..all it takes is one renegade and boom...but then again it could literally blow up in their faces and we wouldnt have to much to worry about.

all this is of course how i would take the situation

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I believe, from some documentaries that I've seen, that Cobalt 60 is used in the manufacture of modern nuclear warheads, being critical to the reaction that sets off the main charge.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
There was an incident in New Mexico or somewhere similar where an out of work mechanic lifted an old X Ray machine and brought it home. I think he was in charge of scrapping it. Anyway the Cobalt 60 fell out of the machine and rolled around in the back of his pick up. So his kids get in and play around and then all concerned end up developing very serious cancers. I think somehow the material ended up being put into tarmac too and laid into the road. It was a really serious incident and a lot of people are still affected today.

I think because of their pellet like composition, they could be readily used in a dirty bomb. They are pretty much already the perfect shrapnel.

Scary stuff! Keep us posted Purpledog! Also good to see you buddy!

Found the link;

www.nytimes.com...

It was Juarez not New Mexico.

FIVE months ago, a Mexican electrician forced open an unmarked capsule filled with 6,010 tiny, silvery pellets that looked like cake decorations. He paid little attention as they spilled into the bed of his pickup truck, onto the road and later throughout a junkyard in his hometown of Juarez, just across the Rio Grande from El Paso.
edit on 8-12-2010 by Big Raging Loner because: To add link.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

Evening BRL

Thought i'd just share this link to another thread this evening ref - meteor in UK sky.. Actually saw this around 5.45 pm on way home and left a comment on this thread.... Very vivd and bright, never seen one like this before... Apparently, there maybe a few of them but if you go outside put a scarf on it is still F F F F F F F freezing ...LOL

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Cheers
PDUK

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by DutchBigBoy
If I remember correctly, cobalt can be used to make dirty bombs
en.wikipedia.org...

you remember correctly.

i wouldn't be surprised if these containers
of Cobalt-60 were en-route to the US onboard
a CIA jet at this very moment, if not already here.

the perfect scapegoat for an attack on America
using a dirty bomb.

I would follow this story very closely
as it has grave implications when nuclear
materials get stolen.

It smells like a set-up

edit on 12/8/2010 by boondock-saint because: spelling

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

This apparently occurred last month and so your probably right in assuming it's already where it needs to be...

Regards

PDUK

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK

This apparently occurred last month and so your probably right in assuming it's already where it needs to be...

Regards

PDUK

And on that note I'm going to watch some South Park...

Lighten the mood a little shall we say.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

The time is ripe. If not yesterday, sometime soon I fear. Strike that, add this "There's nothing to fear but fear itself". But I'm still concerned...

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Exactly my thoughts. There was actually a build up of stolen nuclear material meme propaganda from several places aside from Poland in early November, late October. Cesium itself is used for a dirty bomb-interestingly one of the 5 scenarios DHS has been "preparing' for in mass exercises using the National Guard (real time exercises were going on in 9 out of 10 FEMA districts during the week Obama was gone with his entourage and those missiles were being spotted) It's all part of the false flag agenda to usher in martial law and the NWO. If you know how to read the news with a lens for propaganda and the meme building tricks they use you can see through a lot of things and almost be able to predict their next moves or attempted moves. Maybe one of these days I'll post my propaganda analysis of the news around that time in November. Here's a link to more on planned false flag operations.

______beforeitsnews/story/268/305/Predictive_False_Flag_Map_based_on_Freemasonic_Principals.html

top topics

join