It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate cloture vote on the DREAM ACT (Amnesty for certain illegals) today at around 4PM

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Watch treason live at CSPAN 2 Here

Senate calendar

At 3:30pm, the Senate will resume consideration of the motion to proceed to S.3391. There will then be an additional 30 minutes of debate equally divided between the Leaders or their designees. Upon the use or yielding back of time, the Senate will proceed to a series of up to 4 roll call votes.

- Cloture on the motion to proceed to Calendar #663, S.3992, the Development, Relief, and Education for Alien Minors Act of 2010 (DREAM Act); and

So if they pass that, it means the final senate vote will go forward this week or next week.

So if you oppose/approve of the DREAM ACT, call your senator while they are in recess...

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
This is great only if it passes. You know, if this passes I think we will have a country full of latino super brains. Because when doomed to poverty and given a great chance, especially foreighners will slave to be free. I love this idea.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
cloture:
Cloture
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

In parliamentary procedure, cloture (pronounced /ˈkloʊtʃər/ KLOH-chər) is a motion or process aimed at bringing debate to a quick end. It is also called closure or, informally, a guillotine[citation needed]. The cloture procedure originated in the French National Assembly, from which the name is taken. Clôture is French for "ending" or "conclusion". It was introduced into the Parliament of the United Kingdom by William Ewart Gladstone to overcome the obstruction of the Irish nationalist party and was made permanent in 1887. It was subsequently adopted by the United States Senate and other legislatures.

I.E.Yet another way to get something passed with limited debate."
Here we go again (" if there's a wall we'll pole vault over it; a fence we'll dig under it". ( can any "liberal democratic agenda"item pass strictly on its merits????)..."
edit on 8-12-2010 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

Well at least we know what the Obama administration is getting for pussying out on the GOP Tax Cuts. I #ing hate that coward Obama.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Joehio
reply to post by 46ACE

Well at least we know what the Obama administration is getting for pussying out on the GOP Tax Cuts. I #ing hate that coward Obama.

What he got was the reauthorization of unemployment benefits for millions of folks who would have been cut off just before christmas.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
It seems those bastards will vote on it IN THE HOUSE and IN THE SENATE TODAY!!

The same bill passing in BOTH chambers THE SAME DAY?

It is me or this very rare? This is outrageous anyway.

And the final senate vote will be very late... probably DURING THE NIGHT...

Yeah nothing wrong about that uh?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Vote on the rules of debate going on now.

Seems like it's gonna pass... so a final vote in the house for the bill will be coming tonight.

212-207 so far...probably will pass.

CONFIRMED : Vote on the rules has passed.

After that ONE HOUR of debate on the bill... then final house vote... then going to senate tonight.
edit on 8-12-2010 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Update : The Senate will not hold the vote tonight. Reid probably thinks he doesn't have the votes to do it....

But the vote in the house will take place at around 8PM Eastern.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Update : Vote in the House going on right now....

And Nancy Pelosi spoke for the bill saying it's a New World Order... saying the founding fathers wanted a new world order... I'm not making this up...

Nancy Pelosi...

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
WELL THAT'S IT, THEY JUST PASSED AMNESTY.

Now going to senate.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Anybody here read it? Perhaps there's something worth while in it?
perhaps monkeys will fly outta' my butt?

"they took'er jooobbs"! Is it an "amnesty" for kids who have been here a while?( I think
...)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Basically Dream act would provide a path towards legalization for illegal immigrants who were brought to the United States before they were 16, graduated high school or obtained GED, and who have resided in the U.S. for 5 continuous years and they must be under 29 years old.

The bill would require them to finish 2 years of college or serve 2 years in United States military in order for them to be eligible to become permanent U.S. residents.

I support this bill.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE
Anybody here read it? Perhaps there's something worth while in it?
perhaps monkeys will fly outta' my butt?

"they took'er jooobbs"!

Not sure what your post means?

It is targeted at kids who were brought here by thier parents illegally and have grown up in America, but still don't have legal status. It requires them to go to college or serve in the military before applying for citizenship. Given that most of these Kids are low income and college is too expensive for them, it is expected that the military route for an 8 year stint will be where the majority of these kids end up going.

My personal opinion? Any child of an immigrant, who has been here for most of thier life and who excells sufficiently academically to obtain scholarships and is able to work thier way through college?...I am happy to have them on board...ditto anyone that wants citizenship so badly that they would volounteer to join the military and go risk thier lives half way around the world just to obtain citizenship in the USA.

I like it...but that is just my opinion.

hope this helps..

This bill would provide certain illegal and deportable alien students who graduate from US high schools, who are of good moral character, arrived in the U.S. illegally as minors, and have been in the country continuously and illegally for at least five years prior to the bill's enactment, the opportunity to earn conditional permanent residency if they complete two years in the military or two years at a four year institution of higher learning.

The students would obtain temporary residency for a six year period. Within the six year period, a qualified student must have "acquired a degree from an institution of higher education in the United States or [have] completed at least 2 years, in good standing, in a program for a bachelor's degree or higher degree in the United States," or have "served in the uniformed services for at least 2 years and, if discharged, [have] received an honorable discharge."

Military enlistment contracts require an eight year commitment, with active duty commitments typically between four and six years, but as low as two years.

"Any alien whose permanent resident status is terminated [according to the terms of the Act] shall return to the immigration status the alien had immediately prior to receiving conditional permanent resident status under this Act

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
Basically Dream act would provide a path towards legalization for illegal immigrants who were brought to the United States before they were 16, graduated high school or obtained GED, and who have resided in the U.S. for 5 continuous years and they must be under 29 years old.

The bill would require them to finish 2 years of college or serve 2 years in United States military in order for them to be eligible to become permanent U.S. residents.

I support this bill.

Just a question what does it do the current system doesn't? What keeps them from applying for and becoming citizens now????????

Backlog? ( perhaps we can farm out some of the160,000 new IRS agents from the "obamacare bill" to "ice".)

edit on 9-12-2010 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Deport all of them.

Find their parents, and if they are illegal too, deport them as well.

The last thing we need in this nation is more people.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
This bill needs to be shut down within the Senate, and all illegals need to be deported, thus eradicating a known species that exploits this country, not embraces it~

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
UPDATE : Most likely dead in senate.

DREAM act appears dead after Dems pull it from consideration

Senate Punts on DREAM Act Vote

Most likely dead... but almost everytime they say ``it's dead`` it's a trick so everyone stands down and then they pass it...

So beware till the end of the month.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
The senate version was killed yeah, but they will vote next Monday for the version that passed in the house last night.

new topics

top topics

join