It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Americans Handle the Truth?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
The question is raised in this press release from the Institute of Public Accuracy and it mnakes some interesting points, the main one being that because of the way the American people have been denied the truth, the question has been purely academic.........until now.

I seemed like an interesting and helpful question to explore. As the world receives, at last, to more and more of the truth, I think it's a question which is relevant to all of us.

www.ellsberg.net...

edit on 8-12-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

Please do tell.. What is the "truth"? I'm american. I can handle it.

MOTF!

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by MessOnTheFED!

Please do tell.. What is the "truth"? I'm american. I can handle it.

MOTF!

Clearly!

second

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Given that less than 1/4 of Americans support the US government, I do not think handling the truth will be a problem.

I have seen a major change in attitude in the last couple of years. People are much more concerned with what DC is up to these days.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   

What did that have to do with anyhing? "clearly"? Nice answer.

MOTF!

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I think so, I mean.. that's why we, Americans/Canadians/Austrlians.. etc, are here on ATS... no?

Anyways, YES. We can handle the truth BUT WE CANNOT HANDLE CHANGE.

For example, if Ron Paul was to become president and he starts major cut backs and roll backs to finally pay off the countries debt... and peoples taxes changes, thier benefits change, thier employment changes and then their lives change... people will get angry; no, we cannot handle real change.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420
I think so, I mean.. that's why we, Americans/Canadians/Austrlians.. etc, are here on ATS... no?

Anyways, YES. We can handle the truth BUT WE CANNOT HANDLE CHANGE.

For example, if Ron Paul was to become president and he starts major cut backs and roll backs to finally pay off the countries debt... and peoples taxes changes, thier benefits change, thier employment changes and then their lives change... people will get angry; no, we cannot handle real change.

It's interesting to hear your thoughts, thanks. It's an interesting concept to explore. I think that those people who aren't aware of any of what's really going on will go into deep shock when it is finally revealed, which I believe it will be.

For example, even here on ATS there was a pretty big backlash against Wikileaks when the media furore started. Many seemed to fall back onto a default position of criticizing Wikileaks, discrediting Assange and coming up with all sorts of reasons why he might not be trustworthy - and actually defending the cabal government, rather than also looking at what was being exposed about the government and using that to galvanise themselves, irrespective of whether Wiki had a hidden agenda. At times it was as though many would rather remain in a 'conspiracy' position of discussing whether Assange was genuine, because it was more comfortable and in fact, less threatening. The problem with the kind of truths we are all having to face is that it is not comfortable for most people. I know I felt in complete shock for a few weeks when the penny finally dropped and the illusion really dropped away. I felt as though major parts of my belief system had been totally dismantled....and I was already more aware than many.

Be that as it may, regarding what you say about the changes which would need to happen if Ron Paul did become President, I agree on one level. But, if he told everyone the truth about what has gone on over the last 2-300 years, the whole, nasty, dirty picture...and gave people the evidence to know it was true. And if he was seen to have purged the system and made it completely transparent - it is possible people would unite and accept the financial challenges as part of real positive change. There, I've just made myself feel better writing that last paragraph!

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by MessOnTheFED!

What did that have to do with anyhing? "clearly"? Nice answer.

MOTF!

Lol!

second

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Not many people, from any background, can handle the truth if it makes them uncomfortable. This itself is a truth that I find so profound that it's what my sig is about.

With that in mind, the "Can Americans" part is a useless generalization, unless we are asserting that statistically Americans are less likely to be able to handle truths than people from other places, which I'm not sure I buy.

edit on 8-12-2010 by NewlyAwakened because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Ok thanks for explaining it for me.

MOTF!

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewlyAwakened

Not many people, from any background, can handle the truth if it makes them uncomfortable. This itself is a truth that I find so profound that it's what my sig is about.

With that in mind, the "Can Americans" part is a useless generalization, unless we are asserting that statistically Americans are less likely to be able to handle truths than people from other places, which I'm not sure I buy.

edit on 8-12-2010 by NewlyAwakened because: (no reason given)

I think the point was that the author (an American) is stating that the Americans have never had access to the truth...the implication being that their Government is less transparent than many and has been for a long time. I didn't interpret it as a slight on Americans, rather an acknowledgement that the truth is not something they have been denied. When TSHTF it might well be quite traumatic for many, at first, to realise the extent of the crimes committed against them by their own government and what their real plans are for the American people.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Once they got over the shock... Initialy would be alot of denial going on...

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by crimvelvet

Given that less than 1/4 of Americans support the US government, I do not think handling the truth will be a problem.

I have seen a major change in attitude in the last couple of years. People are much more concerned with what DC is up to these days.

Good news.!

second
edit on 9-12-2010 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

top topics

join