It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS UNDER ATTACK ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
For the last week or two ,I have noticed that there are a lot of post directed at ATS on a number of issues.
I am on 13 other sites ,and 4 of them I have been on for 10 years plus. I have never in my life witnessed so many unusual Post on the most unusual threads pointing at the ATS FOR THE DUMBEST AND THE MOST UNUSUAL REASONS.

I just don’t understand posters who have been on the ATS for less then 3 weeks and with under 20 post to degrade or hoax a thread pertaining to the ATS. Now I realize the ATS has one common enemy or two, but it seems that these posters are coming from another forum to distract the real issues at hand in ways that is so obvious to the blind eye.

I wonder do other forums pm there members and tell them to troll this site or to create havoc on this site by
Previously banned members, or are they born to be 'flaming trolls‘?

I guess what I am trying to ask, are we being attacked ?
Are we being attacked by flaming trolls and master exotic flaming brown nose’s from other sites ?
If so ,what is the real reason behind these attacks, what did the ATS do to deserve such hate?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I wouln't worry about it too much... You can normally tell that OP's on here are genuine or not EVEN if you do not agree with their point of view...

Regards

PDUK
edit on 8-12-2010 by PurpleDog UK because: Spelling correction

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Immortalgemini527
For the last week or two ,I have noticed that there are a lot of post directed at ATS on a number of issues.
I am on 13 other sites ,and 4 of them I have been on for 10 years plus. I have never in my life witnessed so many unusual Post on the most unusual threads pointing at the ATS FOR THE DUMBEST AND THE MOST UNUSUAL REASONS.

I just don’t understand posters who have been on the ATS for less then 3 weeks and with under 20 post to degrade or hoax a thread pertaining to the ATS. Now I realize the ATS has one common enemy or two, but it seems that these posters are coming from another forum to distract the real issues at hand in ways that is so obvious to the blind eye.

I wonder do other forums pm there members and tell them to troll this site or to create havoc on this site by
Previously banned members, or are they born to be 'flaming trolls‘?

I guess what I am trying to ask, are we being attacked ?
Are we being attacked by flaming trolls and master exotic flaming brown nose’s from other sites ?
If so ,what is the real reason behind these attacks, what did the ATS do to deserve such hate?

I don't think ATS the website itself warrented any justified hatred, but I'm sure that many people think that we are just tinfoil hat paranoid basement dwellers, when it's quite the opposite. But trolls enjoy their trolling lol. I think that perhaps the powers that be have disinformation agents on this website. I've read quite a bit of silly things, but they are usually debunked and that's why I love this site. Unfortunately I do think we could be monitored for observing this website; But hey WikiLeaks and a lot of other sites are also sending flags. Fortunately we have some truely elite on the net that are capable of preventing censorship and can attack organizations that deserve. I am sure the moderators will take care of the unwarrented hate and attacks, and if not, personally I choose to ignore their ignorance. Post on

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Ah. I thought this was going to be a thread about ATS running very slowly lately.
Hrrmmm - maybe it's just me.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

likewise, not so much running slowly, but a really bizarre problem with logging on...The links at the top leaping around the page and all bunching up to the left, when I'm trying to click them...it's a bit difficult to explain

This has happened a few times in the last couple of days and I'm not having any problems on any other sites, so not a problem with my computer!

Any ideas?

Sorry for going off topic on your thread but I clicked the link thinking that perhaps other people were having issues.

Just ignore me...I see there is another thread on the Board Business forum that is asking about this very thing!
edit on 8-12-2010 by destination now because: Found appropriate thread

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

No,I have also been noticing things running
slower here.I assumed it was my computer!
Well,maybe the operator of my computer.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
OP got a point and I've noticed it also. Besides of staggering amount of stupid posts with idiotic topics started by some new members via introduction threads and otherwise, ATS has been lagging a lot lately.

It seems that the trolls are crawling out of the woods.

I am not sure whether this is intentional attack or just a display of today's culture - might of course be something else also

Perhaps the lag is due updates in code.. But certainly there has been lot of new members posting with somewhat bizarre (even on ATS scale) topics.

-v
edit on 8-12-2010 by v01i0 because: 248

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Thank you for this Thread!
I was beginning to think it was just me..

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Immortalgemini527

This happens for quite a few reasons :

1) Lack of reader comprehension.
A. New members fail to read, and or comply with ATS terms and conditions.
This then gets them in a tizzy about their thread/post being edited, deleted, and or some other function.

2) Learned behaviors.
A. Due to the perception of some, some rather arbitrary, some rather ignorant people fail to understand certain behaviors are negative, ie foul language, name-calling, generally being a jackass, etc.

This also plays into 1A above.

3) Jealousy/Envy.
A. Due to ATS taking a stance of letting everyone have their opinion through Deny Ignorance, people who are of strong, albeit sometimes incorrect, or politically incorrect stances, do not fit well with the ATS model.

Falls back to 1A again.

4) Personal beliefs.
A. Some people just do not know how to share their beliefs without expecting others to immediately "jump on the bandwagon".

5) Personal grudges.
A. Due to all of the above people go to other sites, trash ATS, or were at other sites, and come here, and basically acts like a complete idiot, "poisoning the well" for others.

On this there becomes basically a forum war in essence that is rather stupid.

Seeing as this is a privately owned website, as well as people digitally sign the terms and conditions upon accepting membership, you would think these people would know better, but unfortunately, they do not, and there are literally millions of forum/message boards across the entire World Wide Web, it's time grow up people.

I've been online since AOL was $3.50 an hour and these are my observations from being on ATS for 5 years.

Oh, and one more thing, before I go back to my threads.

Obey The Moderator! - Optimus Rhyme

edit on 12/8/10 by SpartanKingLeonidas because: Adding Insight and Depth To the Post.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Immortalgemini527

A few things to remember about ATS threads.

1) If Threads are bad they will die a slow death and drift away into the ATS abyss.

2) If the posts or threads are inflammatory, or against any of the T&C's of ATS, the Brilliant ATS Mods will descend and put a quick end to the situation.

3) And maybe the most important thing to remember about ATS, "Never argue with an idiot, people watching might not know the difference "

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Not to be a jerk, but you stated and I quote, " I just don’t understand posters who have been on the ATS for less then 3 weeks and with under 20 post to degrade or hoax a thread pertaining to the ATS.'

Are you seriously suggesting a persons registration or amount of posts is evidence of their intelligence?

Please tell me your kidding?

With that logic, you started your account before me, I have less time on ATS than you, but I have double the stars, double the thread counts/post counts..etc. Does that mean i'm smarter than you?

Come on! BWAAHAHAH!!!!!

edit on 8-12-2010 by Whereweheaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded

Not to be a jerk, but you stated and I quote, " I just don’t understand posters who have been on the ATS for less then 3 weeks and with under 20 post to degrade or hoax a thread pertaining to the ATS.'

Are you seriously suggesting a persons registration or amount of posts is evidence of their intelligence?

Please tell me your kidding?

With that logic, you started your account before me, I have less time on ATS than you, but I have double the stars, double the thread counts/post counts..etc. Does that mean i'm smarter than you?

Come on! BWAAHAHAH!!!!!

edit on 8-12-2010 by Whereweheaded because: (no reason given)

REALLY ! So that’s the message you got out of what I said. Are you serious?

My point is.
[How can some posters be on here for that short period of time with out really knowing the ATS to start a flaming trolling thread on something about the ats.]
I never talked about some ones intelligentsia ?
How in gods life did you get that out of what I said ?
like...not understanding.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

So with that logic, your point is you wasted time and space for even starting this thread to begin with...

LAME!!!

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
A lot of the trolling that you see is executed by habitual offenders. They are constantly banned only to return under a new name hence their adeptness at navigating through the ATS system. Same trolls different names. However, most are not good at concealing the same rhetoric that got them banned to begin with. The same writing styles, the same tone etc etc. They all get banned sooner or later.

I always get a good laugh when the usual suspects return to the roost that they just can't seem to stay away from ban after ban after ban.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth
"Never argue with an idiot, people watching might not know the difference "

While I found first 2 points questionable (some bad threads keep popping up), this third is really punch in the eye. Perfect. I am waiting with curiousity if this starts on this thread as well, the initiative has already been taken.

-v

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded

So with that logic, your point is you wasted time and space for even starting this thread to begin with...

LAME!!!

Its not lame at all,quit the opposite.

I have seen and reported a post that was very threatening toward the Admin of ATS in the last day or so,which made it clear their was a group of people targeting the admin/staff,which has been taken down.

The OP here is on the money without doubt.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by destination now

That is exactly what I have been experiencing the past couple of days. Makes one wonder, if only a few have experienced this "why so?", if all have "why also?"

It is quite frustrating!

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I found the links in this search interesting.

Perhaps there are new field recruits being such hard times and people being myth balled
for years now just gave up the fight and joined the myth makers.

top topics

join