It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monsanto - Bayer Engineering Death: Bees, Bats and You?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Indeed... only one. Maybe there'll be more?

Oh, man, I want every single GM seed and plant on this Earth burned to a crisp as well... worldwide! It would be glorious!

I was worried about violating the ToS in advocating certain things we're not supposed to when I wrote what I did... (I'm somewhat strange as you probably know by now) ... let's just say it'd surely be sweet to see the authorities burn 'em up... but if they won't...

Peace,
Pixel

I actually dreamt about this last night... strange!

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by crimvelvet
reply to post by PixelDuster

...I tell as many people as I can about all this stuff, and thanks to this thread here I'll have more stuff now... but half the folks I "reach" are the choir and the other half don't respond so, who knows. It is frustrating. We need to keep writing about it and making videos so at least a few more will maybe see the light....

I will tell you my strategy that seems to work.

Like you, even at farmers markets I got a big YAWN when I tried to warn people about the corporate take over of the food supply. Finally I came up with a more successful strategy.

Most people are up in arms about the bank bailouts, foreclosures, and unemployment. This is the hook to get their attention. From there I slide into what Nicole Johnson found out about the CED

[...]

Hope the suggestions help.

Thank you crimvelvet! Your work here is quite rad.

I am going to start using your technique post haste... That's a ton of targeted ammo and it does seem like it'd work here as well. I'm looking forward to giving it a go as it'll be so much more satisfying than the blank stare or that awful "uh, dude..." look.

Ha! Come to think of it I've even got someone I can use the very bees from this thread as the slide...

It is truly amazing to see just how deep this rabbit hole is and how widespread the influence and control is... Can there even be a more insidiously heinous scheme?

Peace,
Pixel

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Remeber the days when people started to notice something about amphibians, mutations, and die-offs?

Global frog crisis defies explanation
23 October 2004 by Jeff Hecht
Magazine issue 2470.

THE world's frogs are croaking - dying, that is, in their millions. And no one knows why.

That's the stark message from the first global survey of amphibians, which has found they are under far greater threat of extinction than birds or mammals. Almost a third of the 5743 known amphibian species are under threat worldwide, compared with just under a quarter of mammals and almost an eighth of birds. More than 7 per cent of amphibians, or 427 species, are "critically endangered".

Scientists have been concerned about the health of amphibians since 1989, when they compared notes at the first International Conference on Herpetology and found sudden and mysterious declines in many species around the world. Later studies confirmed that the declines were real and widespread, but the new survey is the first to document their extent and severity (Science, DOI:10.1126/science.1103538). The results are far worse than scientists feared, ...

I make no presumtive implication that there is a relationship between the proliferation of genetically modified crops, then-latest generation pollutants (pesticides), Bayer, Monsanto, and the relatively recent decline in amphibian life on our planet.

I find that the apparent increase in 'unusual' and 'hitherto unseen' changes in the biosphere, aside from industrial pollutants, seems to all fall into the category of mankind engineering his world as if it were a slave to his whim, as oppossed to being harnessed to serve him as a respected resource.

And now... some [possible] good news...

Fungus out! The frog resistance is here
10 December 2010 by Wendy Zukerman
Magazine issue 2790.

FROGS across Australia and the US may be recovering from a fungal disease that has devastated populations around the world.

"It's happening across a number of species," says Michael Mahony at the University of Newcastle in New South Wales, who completed a 20-year study of frogs along the Great Dividing Range in Australia for the Earthwatch Institute. Between 1990 and 1998 the populations of several frog species crashed due to chytridiomycosis infection (chytrid) caused by the pathogen Batrachochytrium dendrobatidis, but Mahony's surveys suggest that the frogs are re-establishing.

www.newscientist.com...

Perhaps we can theoretically chalk one up for mother nature.... but with the establishment working so hard to take control of her... who knows...?

Bats, Bees, amphibians...... more and more casualties in the war to focus our enterprising intellect toward profit instead of humane results.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Bees. And they are down this is a real deal. Have a bee guy just down the street.

I grow a fair garden evey year and have noticed to lack of regular bees. There are many types of bees that come around and they get the job done. One thing I did notice a few years ago I planted some mustard and let it go to flower. One day 1000s of honey bees showed up and just worked that stuff over for about 3 days and then vanished. There has got to be some info in this. I dont ever remember bees being a big fan of corn anyway. Corn is wind pollinated. Bees dont like everything that pollinates. Cant say I have ever noticed bees around evergreen trees when they are in season. Or oak and other trees that are heavy with the pollin. They do love clover but much of the current clover that is planted has most likely been messed with. Bees like dandilions but they have been under assult for years in the urban setting.

Folks do a lot of spraying on lawns and flowers these days.

My point is this may not be Monsanto buy Ortho. And /or.

A few years back the quail and pheasant population droped to almost nothing around here. It was blamed on the blizzard of 78. However I talked to a farmer that told me the corn seed makers were putting a new mixtrue on the seeds to help with early growth. He said the birds were scratching this seed up and the seed coating was eating their craw out. Quail were one time a common and plentyfull thing around here but years can go by without hearing the bob white call its so rare now and used to be a part of the common meadow sound.

Also around this time late 70s somthing used in the fields and is still in use killed everything in the streams along the corn and bean fields. We moved out in the country in the late 60s and the local stream was full of fish-catfish, bass, chub, bluegill, frogs, snakes, tadpoles, ect ect. By 1980 they had become barren drainage ditches. Oh they look good plant wise with cat tails and lilly pads but the fish and frogs ect are just not there anymore. Some fish bottom feeders that can tolerate more junk maybe but the pan fish and cat fish have taken a beating and numbers are down were you can find them.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Yup I forgot all about the frogs/amphibian die off great catch.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Yup I forgot all about the frogs/amphibian die off great catch.

They finally tracked down the die off to the idiot biologists tracking the infectious agent from site to site!

That is the biggy with Foot and Mouth disease in Cattle,pigs, sheep and goats too. Humans are transmitters. The disease can hang around in human lungs for something like 48 hrs or longer so a USDA Agent or a vet can easily carry it from farm to farm in their lungs.

This is the disease they just took off Plum Island in the Atlantic and plopped down in a lab in KANSAS! AND that was AFTER the UK outbreak, killing millions of animals, was traced to the Pirbright labs.

Some of us think the new research lab in cow country was done so natural breeds in the USA can be "De-populated" sometime in the future. There is a vaccine but the OIE protocol favors slaughter instead of vaccination.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Great thread. Thankyou.

We lost all 4 of our hives, suddenly, all together to this CCD.
Always just enthusiasts it was very sad none-the-less.

On the grander scale it's just shocking.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

That's pretty interesting do you have link?

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by chocise
Great thread. Thankyou.

We lost all 4 of our hives, suddenly, all together to this CCD.
Always just enthusiasts it was very sad none-the-less.

On the grander scale it's just shocking.

Are you close to large fields of corn or bean? What do you think was your hives primary source? Any ideas?

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by chocise

Sorry to hear that.

Well these things happen

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

I am fully aware of what GM food is i'm doing a biology degree, there are many drought resistant crops which are produced by altering their genes in a lab, not simply cross breeding. Without GM the worlds population would starve. Understand there is a difference between GM crops which simply accelerate evolution (like the drought resistant kind) and GM crops which are altered in ways that could produce damaging effects on either the people/livestock that consume them or the wildlife that feeed upon them.

If you don't like GM food and think it should be banned then we need to find 1-2 billion people who are willing to starve to death, i don't think i'll go along with that sorry. The other way to fix the issue is to utterly revolutionise farming methods. We could drastically recuce the land we use to farm by growing vertically and within cities but this will take massive political will and a lot of funding, neither of which seem to exist today.

There are perfectly safe and good GM crops, then there are some nasty GM crops.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

Let me explain something, here, that you seem no able to grab, yes the big hoax that GMO can feed the world was the reason we got GMO now in our nature.

But they are not feeding anybody and helping any hungry.

Understand! This is the way that Monspanto the one controlling GMO right now in the world are doing their predatory practices and working into controlling all seeds, in poor countries once a farmer accept the free seeds from Monspanto they are bind to those seeds as Monspanto owns them for using their seeds.

The Indian Suicides

www.sourcewatch.org...

If GMO was so good why poor countries in Africa are rejecting them?

Since 2002 Africa's governments are rejecting GMO foods.

www.worldpress.org...

GMO in Africa? no thanks!

www.gmfoodnews.com...

after all this years Africa still reject GMO even with famine,

South Africa GMO crop failure, finally taking GMO seeds, 2009, Monspanto punish the African farmers for rejecting GMO seeds for years.

Farmers in South Africa have suffered millions of dollars in lost income due to the failure of their genetically modified (GMO) corn to produce kernels. The three varieties of plants look lush and healthy from the outside, but when the husks were pulled back there are no kernels. Monsanto's GMO corn was planted on 82,000 hectares of farmland, an amount that equals over 202,000 acres. The loss is spread over three South African provinces, and 280 of the 1,000 farmers who planted the corn have reported the lack of kernel development.

Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...

Monspanto is in the business of making monsters and profits, you don't like it, they will stare entire countries with their sterile seeds once they have them in their hands.

Remember the shortage of rice back in 2007 when it was fights for rice in the markets specially in California?

Thank Monspanto for that, when they the government stop the farmers from planting rice that were contaminated with their patented strand

It was not something happening oversea like the government try to make us believe it was our own laws banning farmers in the US from planting rice during the 2007 season because cross contamination.

We pay the price at the counter for that littler "problem".

Monspanto is a monster a corrupted, dangerous monster and they don't care a crap who dies of starvation in the world as long as they make a profit.

They own all the patents right now on GMOs and they are doing whatever their corrupted butts wants to control seeds

Is never been about feeding the hungry, that is the big lie.

USDA Recalls GMO Contaminated Rice Seed

www.dailykos.com...

edit on 11-12-2010 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
S+F!

Okay here's a bit of wild speculation on my part, but take a look at the big picture and possible reason behind Monsanto's use of this pesticide; Most are viewing the bee die off as a side effect or a lack of concern for the environment - what if the real goal was to create the die off as a means of preventing bees from cross-pollinating crops in the wild - i.e., outside of Monsanto's control?

Exactly what I was thinking as soon as soon as I read the op, just glad I took the time to read the other posts so as not to regurgitate your ideas.

This would leave us no means to grow our own foods and force us to buy products engineered by companies like Monsanto. We would be totally dependant on them. There's gotta be a way to stop them, if it's not too late already.

S&f for the OP, Star for you!
edit on 11-12-2010 by KicknAndScreamin because: wasn't finished.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   

That's pretty interesting do you have link?

It has been a few years let me see what I can dig up. (a lot of stuff got "disappeared" off the internet)

This is from my notes from awhile ago (2007 & 2008):
What is Depopulation?
KILL FIRST, ASK QUESTIONS LATER!
arkansasanimalproducers.8k.com...

History of UK 2001 foot & mouth disease (a must read. It is the true story of the destruction of UK farming) ” Under the worldwide rules set by the OIE, a country can recover its disease-free status either three months after the end of the very last recorded outbreak, or 12 months after it has completed a vaccination programme. In this instance, if Britain had completed a vaccination programme in April 2001, and there had been no further recorded outbreaks, she could have recovered full trading status in April 2002. By rejecting vaccination, that status could only now be recovered three months after the last outbreak...” Source: www.warmwell.com...

www.gao.gov... on page 31: "..Should USDA officially confirm the presence of a disease, such as Foot and Mouth Disease, the affected herd and all cattle, sheep, goats, swine, and susceptible wildlife—infected or not— within a minimum 10-kilometer zone around the infected farm would be killed...."

Note they also mention extending that range indefinitely. They affectionately call this process "Depopulation" which is ever so euphemistic. All of this is without a warrant and no appeal. So much for your Constitutional rights and presumption of innocence.

Go to the link below and read the manual for yourself! The 48 hour traceback is not so they can vaccinate, etc., it is to "depopulate/stamp out" all "susceptible" animals in a given radius. those 48 hours are not just to find your animals...but to KILL THEM!
www.fao.org...

OH and they will burn you out too:

Depopulation (slaughter) and Decontamination procedures. www.fao.org...Estimate the degree of contamination in the dwelling house and the adjacent area. Detail disposal and/or cleaning to be done in the house to remove all sources of contamination....Detail structures and articles that cannot be effectively decontaminated, such as wooden buildings, floors and cattle yards, roof insulation, doors and linings.....The aim of the clean-up process is to remove all manure, dirt, debris and contaminated articles that cannot be disinfected......All old insulation materials, such as polystyrene, fibreglass and press boards, are removed for burial or burning unless they have sound impervious surfaces which can be effectively decontaminated. All unsound, rotten and underrun wooden fittings, flooring and other structures which cannot be effectively disinfected should be removed for burning or burial...”

Table 1 Minimum requirements for a country/region to be declared free from disease (OIE Animal Health Code)
Source: www.fao.org...

Foot and Mouth Disease (FMD) Stamping out no vaccine: 3 months - after stamping out (a)
Foot and Mouth Disease (FMD) Stamping out without vaccine: 12months - after stamping out

Where there is no cull and vaccine, then 2 years must elapse after the last outbreak....

March 26 2008 ~ “...The new FMD vaccine "signals tremendous promise" - but the US clings to its "reasons not to vaccinate" www.warmwell.com...

FOUND IT!

Animal and Plant Health

Foot & Mouth Disease What is Foot and Mouth Disease?

Foot and Mouth Disease is a highly contagious viral disease that affects domestic cattle, sheep, pigs, goats and deer. Other animals such as elephants, hedgehogs and rats are also susceptible to infection. Foot and Mouth Disease is not a human affliction.

The virus that causes FMD can be inactivated by several disinfectants including household bleach (see the list of USDA recommended disinfectants at the bottom of this page). It can also be killed by extremes in pH, sunlight and high temperatures although the virus has been shown to survive pasteurization at 72 degrees C (15 seconds). It can survive in the environment at freezing temperatures. It can survive in the soil for almost a month in cool weather, about three days during the summer months. It may even live in stored hay for up to four to five months in cool, dry conditions.   

Although Foot and Mouth Disease does not pose a serious risk to human health, humans can act as vectors for the virus and can spread infection among animals or between farms. Methods of transmission of FMD include: Direct contact with clinically ill, recovered (carrier) animals or exposed vaccinated animals: virus particles can be found in body fluids including urine, feces, saliva, semen and milk and also in exhaled breath.

The FMD virus can survive in the lungs and nasal passages of humans for several days and in the tonsils for several weeks. Virus particles are released and can infect susceptible animals when the person exhales.

The FMD virus can survive for several weeks on clothes and shoes especially if they are dirty. Pets or other animals roaming the area can carry the virus. Contaminated meat and cheese products. Airborne virus particles can be carried in air currents for up to 40 miles.... From a Pensylvania State Ag publication 2008 (no longer on the web?) I have listed this as the Source: www.agriculture.state.pa.us...

I have done a LOT of research

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I'm not sure what the point of your post was, you seem to be labouring under the idea that i like Monsanto or that i like all GM crops. So lets get something clear.

1. No the world can't exist without the GM crops, unless we adopt different farming methods. As i said in past replies, hydroponics could feed the world without GM.

2. I hate Monsanto for all of the reasons you listed and several other reasons.

3. Some GM crops are most certainly bad and raise big concerns about their effect on people health.

4. Some GM crops are not harmful to humans and you have fallen into the trap of labelling them all as automatically bad.

5. The terminator technology that Monsanto puts into it's seeds is i honestly believe, a crime against humanity.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

If you don't like GM food and think it should be banned then we need to find 1-2 billion people who are willing to starve to death, i don't think i'll go along with that sorry...

As I stated at the beginning of this thread. I am a chemist and a hard Science fiction nut. I worked in FDA regulated Drugs. I have no problem with GMO in theory. Actually I think the idea is kinda neat. I also got thrown out of grad level genetics classes after the instructors figured out I wasn't signed up.
(Bio is my first love but chemistry pays a lot better.)

I DO have a problem with a process that has been rigged by the corporate interests in the USDA and the FDA.

How about googling "John Munsell" and looking at the testimony (that was ignored by Congress) of Stan Painter. domesticpolicy.oversight.house.gov...

GMO - fine. UNREGULATED, UNTESTED GMO?

Oh and the GMO will feed the world is another of Monsanto publicity line.

Interesting then that a contributor to the FAO's Forum, Professor El-Tayeb, Ph.D. Professor Emeritus of Industrial Biotechnology at Cairo University commented that: "..currently available (GMO's) mostly contribute negatively to poverty alleviation and food security - and positively to the stock market." www.warmwell.com...

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   

My friend my post was in references to GMO feeding the hungry but the reality is that GMO is not feeding any hungry, unless they are foods that are given during famine relief.

Most countries are against GMO crops.

And the truth is that since GMO has been around since the 90s it have not feed anything but Monsanto interest pockets.

That is almost 20 years and people are still dying from having famines.

That was my point, is all a big lie.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Great read Slayer! The thing about the bees is troubling and has caught my interest for some time. I am open to the possibility of pesticides and other chemicals used to make our Frankenfood as one possible cause. Some of those chemicals go into production before they are even tasted. Plus, Monsanto is a big corporation and has an army of lobbyists doing their bidding with the empty suits in Washington. With that, we get fewer quality assurance tests, fewer inspections, and other preventive measures to ensure the safety of food supply and ecosystem is taken into account before turning a buck. Sadly, it seems that core premise has taken a backseat to profitability? Politicians will do anything for campaign donations, and perks associated with their office. More often than not, it can have serious consequences in the long run. It usually takes a crisis or emergency before anything is done about a particular problem.

It is still too early to assign the blame to GMO exclusively, but there are signs that should be taken into account. The die offs of the bees could be associated with it, because of their close interaction with some of these allegedly tainted crops and plants? Then, the bats were mentioned, and the disastrous illness affecting their ranks. Bats eat insects, and no doubt they may eaten some bees which may have been tainted by their interactions with allegedly tainted crops and plants? So, there is a connection between insect and mammal. Plus, a stark reduction in bats could lead to an explosion in human illness like malaria or West Nile virus because of an increase in the mosquito populations. Bats eat the mosquitoes. It is definitely something that deserves a wide ranging study to see if the connection is substantial or a mute point. If these crops are responsible for killing the bees and bats, then I can only imagine what they are doing to our bodies? Interesting read, and something to think about before opening up that can of green beans or chowing down on a piece of corn on the cob at a barbecue.
edit on 11-12-2010 by Jakes51 because: Did some editing for clarity and added more text.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

thanks Jake as always great perspective.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   

I am not sure but the last I heard, a couple of years ago, the government was not really interested in looking into the bat die-off. NSS (National Speleological Society) and Bat Conservancy were the ones doing a lot of the leg work and studies.

I do not know what the up date on that is since my friend who was involved in the work died in a bad fall.

Lots of money gets shoveled at idiotic studies but the bat and bee die-offs get the short straw.

The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (FWS) announced on October 6 that it is distributing nearly $1.6 million in grants to learn more about and manage the spread of white-nose syndrome (WNS) in bats. More than a million bats have died due to the disease since it was positively identified in 2007...

In February 2006, a caver near Albany, New York first photographed bats with white noses and noticed several dead bats in the cave. The following winter, New York Department of Environmental Conservation biologists documented WNS, and found bats behaving erratically during hibernation and several hundred dead bats in multiple caves. Since then, WNS has been found in hibernacula (caves and mines where bats hibernate) in states from New Hampshire to Tennessee and is now expected to be as far west as Oklahoma....

We are very lucky that the cavers in the Albany area include Emily Davis Mobley a very dedicated researcher in bats. When I last went caving with her, her license plate was "Old Bat"

I doubt that we would even KNOW the syndrone existed without the rise in awareness among the caver population that Emily fostered. You caved with the Northeastern Regional Organization of the NSS you got tagged as volunteer help in researching bats.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join