It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monsanto - Bayer Engineering Death: Bees, Bats and You?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

That is exactly what Monspanto had in mind from the beginning, making all seeds sterile so the world will be Dependant on their mutated seeds.

Still I don't get how we are allowing this genetic take over, this is a blatant control of nature, when nature is a living right, for profit benefit.

The implications of what they are trying to do seems for some too big to achieve, but let lose some mutating seeds in nature in strategic areas of the world and then let nature take its course and seat back an watch what is going to happen in a few decades as the world goes hungry for lack of fertile seeds.

edit on 9-12-2010 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
It seems to me that maybe its all about power over the masses.

Numerous scientists, doctors, and the like have come out within the past several years claiming that these big corps are out to cause a mass "culling of the herd."

The Georgia Guide Stones explicitly say "bring the world population to 500,000 to live in tune with nature"

Maybe by live in tune they mean work the fields of the genetically modified foods, so more poor people will be controlled, and TPTB expand their kingdom.

This sounds more and more like a sneaky way to force us back into feudalism. People dont own their properties, TPTB do. People are allowed to work on land that TPTB control. The only food allowed is produced by TPTB

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
This is very scary. I'm very glad I've learned to grow/harvest/can my own food and am in the process of learning to harvest and preserve my own seed stock. People think it's funny that I do such an "old fashion" thing. I think they would be surprised to learn how many people are going back to home preserving and this article just proves what a smart thing it is to do. JUST SAY NO TO GM FOOD!

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
If they can transmit genetic DNA through viruses from one animal to a plant like that... and change their DNA structure imagine what the possibilities for DNA modification with humans hold! If we eat their food will it affect us? What will it do? I'm kind of confused.
edit on 9-12-2010 by Frankidealist35 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

I will not be surprised if big pharma along with Monsanto will start releasing viruses for profit making, after all they have the capabilities to do it, and oversight from our corrupted government will ensure they get away with it.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Pharmaceuticals are a multibillion dollar industry already. What makes you think they haven't already thought of and carried it out?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Because the swine flu was a scam, that is why, if they really wanted to cause fear mongering and panic at epidemic magnitude they will make sure hundred of thousands will die from some new type or modified virus.

It has not happened yet, but I am still waiting when they get that far.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984

Originally posted by HappilyEverAfter
I'll go with MASS PRODUCED organics can be suspect, but true locally grown I'm confident of purity.

Ok that one i'll give you because my family has a nice little allotment where pesticides are banned
But you get what i mean, if you buy it in a supermarket it is usually made by the very same corporations people are complaining about because these corporatins saw the potential market and purchased the necessary farms. At the same time they increased the pesticide usage up to the permitted levels.

Yes,
but have you spent time within the codex?
I've really been tearing the thing apart for a while now, and it's very deceptive.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   

........Thread update........

Judge orders Monsanto GMO sugar beets destroyed

A federal judge has ruled - for the first time in US history - that a genetically modified (GM) crop be destroyed.

In doing so, US District Judge Jeffrey White of California delivered a serious blow to the Monsanto Company’s GM sugar beet empire for reasons of environmental harm. Judge White ruled back August that all future plantings of GM beets stop until the US Department of Agriculture could conduct an environmental impact statement (EIS) that proves the crop’s safety.

Judge orders Monsanto GMO sugar beets destroyedThe USDA however, in typical corporate lapdog fashion, violated the ruling and allowed Monsanto to plant the GM crops anyway. This led an angry Judge White to order the controversial beets destroyed. Monsanto had a fit over the legal ban last month.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

It's stealth. The viruses our governments/corporations have let loose on humanity doesn't initially kill the host, it disables them for prolonged periods of time, then usually leads to a shortened lifespan. Ya can't suck the energy off a dead corpse...

Enter all the various "autoimmune" disorders which have popped up over the last 20 years or so.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by wayno
You say hydroponics is true organics one minute and then say to stop supporting orgnics. You're on some sort of mission here, but your gears are slipping.

My gears are not slipping, i said i don't support organics as they are currently practiced, by that i mean the fact that they often use pesticides. I pointed out that if clean room procedures are used then pesticides can be eliminated in hydroponic setups and therefore hydroponic setups can be organic, but nice try in twisting my words.

Although i can go further and explain how organic is a gimick if you start entering the realm of hydroponics because without pesticides and fungicides then the only variable is the fertilizer and while organic fertilizers exist they don't provide anything beneficial to the plant or the person consuming the plant. In the end an "organic" fertilizer is broken down to the same molecular components as non oganic fertilizers.

But hey i've only grown hydroponic plants for around 8 years so i know nothing

Originally posted by amazed
No, that is called "natural selection", and is something which nature can do. Genetically modifying means going in and adding things which nature, would never do. IE: adding scorpion genes to cabbage. Nature would never do this.

No sorry there are no crops as far as i am aware that currently use animal, reptile or any other genes that end up in our food chain. They are simply experimental models which end up being destroyed. However i don't see the issue with adding these genes. Consider what happens when you digest them, you don't add those genes into your body. Those acids are broken down into nothing and you simple consume the proteins, carbohydrates, fats, vitamins and minerals!

I find it odd that people hear genetic engineering and think they will somehow take these genes into their own genome. The only worrying alterations come when someone adds something which produces a dagnerous chemical, like when they create a crop that basically produces pesticides within it's own cells. That is disgusting and dangerous.

I do agree with your premise of moving to hydroponics though, I also feel each area, done correctly, could grow just about any food that people may want. Especially if we do so by going UP.

I agree. Consider a building where the plants are grown using vertical means, in hydroponic, or ideally aeroponic situations. You would drastically reduce footprint while increasing yield, reducing pesticide use and eliminating run off. Now consider the fact you could use any waste water to feed into algae pools which could be put to many uses, including biodiesil or simply the production of fish.

I have grown many things in hydro setups, tomatoes, strawberries, peppers and at one point bonsai trees. Every time, once i had dialed in the correct settings they exploded in growth and yield.

Anyway, GMO in my mind equals very bad for not only our health, but the health of the planet.

Harm None
Peace

Well please feel free to explain that to the 2 billion people who would die without GMO foods. Draught resistant wheat and rice are GMO and if we removed them then 2 billion people would starve. Hey you might be willing to let that happen but i'm not so happy about killing a load of people.

As i said, not all GM food is bad, there are specific instances where we need to ban it. When they start making plants which produce their own pesticide then yes we should stop that, terminator technology needs to stop now and i would argue the existence of it is a crime against humanity.

But understand that GM food can be perfectly healthy and good, simply an acceleration of selective breeding we already use.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

You've bought into the propaganda. Why is it that U.S. silo's used to be stocked full of reserves for such instances as drought, and now they're being emptied? Obviously, this is by design. We don't need GMO's to feed the people of the world. Rubbish.
edit on 9-12-2010 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Yes,
but have you spent time within the codex?
I've really been tearing the thing apart for a while now, and it's very deceptive.

Yes i have and the codex is disgusting and needs to be eliminated. As i have said in other threads i am hoping the multibillion pound industry of alternative medicine will destroy the codex. At the same time i hope some legislation comes in to reduce the dosages of some preparations. For example i picked up something the other day that delivered between 1000% - 3000% of all vitamins and minerals you need daily. That is quite simply dangerous and it does need addressing.

I'm also hoping they will make homeopathy practioners print "there is no evidence for this" on their labels

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions

You've bought into the propaganda. Why is it that our silo's used to be stocked full of reserves for such instances as drought, and now they're being emptied? Obviously, this is by design. We don't need GMO's to feed the people of the world. Rubbish.

Sorry but maybe you are not aware of the yields of organic crops as they are currently practiced. If you took away all pesticides, all non organic fertilizers, all fungicides then you would see around 2 billion people dying of starvation. Sorry to tell you but i'm well aware of the food supply because i'm passionate about hydroponics and aeroponics and so i pick up a lot.

You could feed the world organically if you completely destroyed the soil farming industry and moved to other methods. I haven't bought into the propoganda, you have.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Well please feel free to explain that to the 2 billion people who would die without GMO foods. Draught resistant wheat and rice are GMO and if we removed them then 2 billion people would starve. Hey you might be willing to let that happen but i'm not so happy about killing a load of people.

I agree with about 99% but again. This paragraph here gets under my skin.

We do not know the long term affects of this manipulation. Sure we get larger yields for 20/50/100 or even 200 years. On Earth time-frame/schedule things took thousands/ hundreds of thousands or even millions of years to evolve. Here we package it after 90 days and deem it safe. Which in the short term [20-200] supports a larger human population and in the meantime they could very well be sewing the seeds of our extinction long term.
edit on 9-12-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

link   

Sorry but maybe you are not aware of the yields of organic crops as they are currently practiced. If you took away all pesticides, all non organic fertilizers, all fungicides then you would see around 2 billion people dying of starvation. Sorry to tell you but i'm well aware of the food supply because i'm passionate about hydroponics and aeroponics and so i pick up a lot.

You could feed the world organically if you completely destroyed the soil farming industry and moved to other methods. I haven't bought into the propoganda, you have.

Why are you mentioning organic

We can totally feed the world with hydroponics/aeroponics if necessary.

I'm not talking about 100% natural, organic method I'm talking about non-gmo. They're not needed. There is NO good reason for it whatsoever.

link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

I'll go with MASS PRODUCED organics can be suspect, but true locally grown I'm confident of purity.

Did you watch the video?
They gave an example of some isolated farmers in Mexico who were dead sure they had a pure stock of seeds they never had any contact with others and when tested they were shocked to find out it was contaminated.

Yes Slayer,
I guess I could have been clearer,
I use my own seeds, I have for awhile now,
I dont really have an immediate way of testing them, only that theyve been in rotation since the 1988 season.
(seriously that long)
Would I be surprised to find contaminates?
Part of me says yes, another part says no, (that whispering cynic in my skull).
The scariest part of all of this to me is how we could possibly be turning alot of the planet into
The Island of Doctor Moreau

Maybe these will not be so rare or of fantasy if we dont get our minds right quickly?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions

Why are you mentioning organic

We can totally feed the world with hydroponics/aeroponics if necessary.

I'm not talking about 100% natural, organic method I'm talking about non-gmo. They're not needed. There is NO good reason for it whatsoever.

Organic was mentioned in the thread and then you made a big thing about me mentioning it so that's why i mentioned it. You're confusing me slightly tbh. Maybe you need to step back and consider your own replies, you were the one who made a big thing about me using the word organic.

Originally posted by SLAYER69
I agree with about 99% but again. This paragraph here gets under my skin.

We do not know the long term affects of this manipulation. Sure we get larger yields for 20/50/100 or even 200 years. On Earth time-frame/schedule things took thousands/ hundred of thousand or even millions of years to evolve. Here we package it after 90 days and deem it safe. Which in the short term [20-200] supports a larger human population and in the meantime they could very well be sewing the seeds of our extinction long term.

But we have been using artifical selection for well over 3000 years and have not yet run into problems. All genetic engineering does is to accelerate the process. Instead of breeding 200 generations we take a shortcut. That to me is perfectly acceptable but as i say i do take major issues when a company engineers a plant to produce a pesticide, simply because when we ingest that plant we ingest that pesticide.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Incorrect, sir or maddam. This is exactly what I wrote:

You've bought into the propaganda. Why is it that U.S. silo's used to be stocked full of reserves for such instances as drought, and now they're being emptied? Obviously, this is by design. We don't need GMO's to feed the people of the world. Rubbish.

I never mentioned organic, and was responding to a post in which you mentioned the need for GMO products.

There is no resource we don't already have in abundance to feed the world. Name just one. Arable land often comes up. I'm sure you already know that the hydroponic/aeroponics method takes care of that problem.

You can't reasonably tell me that the nearly 7 billion minds on this planet can't come up with some innovative means to adequately feed each and every one of us. So what's truly holding humanity back? Legislation and finances. That's the reality of the situation. This is not about being incapable, it's about corporate profits. It's more cost effective to use all these agricultural methods which sicken humanity.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   

But we have been using artifical selection for well over 3000 years and have not yet run into problems. All genetic engineering does is to accelerate the process. Instead of breeding 200 generations we take a shortcut. That to me is perfectly acceptable but as i say i do take major issues when a company engineers a plant to produce a pesticide, simply because when we ingest that plant we ingest that pesticide.

Or a "Terminator Gene" That could theoretically cross species contaminate to other non food plants and or animals? Here is the issue. They are or have rather already cornered the market and have set the guidelines. With no or very little real independent research.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join