It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monsanto - Bayer Engineering Death: Bees, Bats and You?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Outstanding commentary back there on page 1. You have summed up the problem and the potential worsening of it very well. Question is, what do we do about it?

This issue of our government (I'm from Canada, but it is the same everywhere) being 100% submissive to control from and direction by corporations, is affecting every facet of life, whether its health (food, drugs and polution) or security (finances).

Right now corporations have total control and we have none. I can affect corps by buying organic and local. How do I change who gets into government when it is only the well heeled, well financed who get in? Perhaps I should say the only ones who get elected are those with the most corporate financing.

Solve that issue and a whole lot of other stuff gets solved at the same time.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Monsanto means "Old Saint". You wonder how old this saint could be when you see some of the other aberrations that have been created...like goats that have genes of spiders so they produce silk in their milk which is then spun, giving a greater quantity of silk which is then used to make bullet-proof vests. It's all about commerce and degrading what was created in perfection. It makes me think of the mythical creatures like the minotaur. How far will they go? Well, there is also the documented stories of swine which have been genetically altered with human genes. Part pig, part human child. The reason? So that pig parts can be more compatibly used for medical transplants for humans. It is all abomination.

People who dislike what Monsanto is doing are most likely in the minority because Monsanto has some great publicity agents. Monsanto sponsors scholarships, and even a mentoring program for "promising" students. Monsanto builds wings on colleges and universities. They sponsor commercially advantageous events in some communities. Take a look at their website sometime.

I know this thread is supposed to be about bees and bats, but there are some things about abominations created in the name of science that make me stand on my soapbox. What is the purpose in all this if not to create a monopoly? I noticed fifteen years ago that one of their subsidiaries was buying up all the mom and pop seed companies.

And what about the poor farmers in India whom they conned in order to steal their farms? And how many of those farmers died from insecticidal poisoning and were pronounced as "suicide"?

That is good information Slayer on the stockholders. Many times people just buy into innocuous sounding stock like "mutual funds" and have no idea what they are really supporting. As a matter of fact, all of the information you have presented is well researched. S & F.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
These mega-corps are the most dangerous and hostile entities on earth right now. We need to reign them in, in the worst possible way, and we need to do it ASAP, as I feel our very survivals depend upon it.

Maybe that's why the elites are spending hundreds of millions on the seed bank?

Insurance or a way to blackmail the public?

I am not saying this as fact, but it kind of has a scary logic to it. Once a large enough percentage of the population has died out from exposure to GMO foods, those wealthy elite who protected themselves and survived will have those healthy seeds to fall back on. It sounds like a plan to me.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   
This GMO stuff is like opening the proverbial Pandora's Box.

There is no way that GMO aren't mixing with natural or wild stock.

There is no way that insects and animals eating plants that have been modified to produce poisons aren't being affected by those poisons; especially over time.

Everything is connected in this world. We too, are affected by these things -- how, only time will tell, or maybe when its too late already they will start to do the testing they should have done before.

They say money is the root of all evil. In the case of the corporations producing all these toxins and GMO plants, that is certainly the case. We and our world are being poisoned so they can make a buck.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
In South Africa the GM foods are still attempting to broaden their crops.
So far Monsanto is limited to maize (corn). That is, as far as we know, since no law exists to force GM labeling.
Imported canned foods with cotton seed or other vegetable oils are also suspect.
GM maize has already received resistance from local farmers, and has not produced the promised bumper crops.
www.foodfirst.org...

Fortunately we still have lots of bees in our province. Removing them from residential areas is big business, and the nests are relocated. Sometimes black African people come and take the hives, and two people were recently stung to death trying to get the honey.
At least one supermarket chain has made a commitment to sell organic and GM-free produce.
I had some maize yesterday off the cob, and have no idea whether it was GM or not.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by On the level

Well to quote one of my favorite's "It's up to us to take out Umbrella"

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Can I ask a simple question? If we KNOW that the corporate people and chemists who work for these corporations are doing this........WHY are we not going to their headquarters and pulling these people from thier offices and labs and arresting them for genocide or any other international or federal crimes against humanity? A simple Citizens arrest would suffice. Bring the documented proof and witnesses such as biologists and doctors who have written some of these articles and charge these people and lock them up or hang them? I would think there are enough people who are sick of this bullcrap that have the ability to do this. There are many police officers and other agents on this site who we could ask for our help and we could get this done and stop this insanity. SOMEBODY has to take that first step. I wish I could if I knew where to begin. A quick group meeting somehwere and then go into action. Addresses of these criminals homes, just in case, and we could remove them from their place of work and shut the plants down, it is OUR right as we are the authority behind the "government", or so we are led to believe. I think there are many U.S. Deputy Sheriffs who would be willing to join us and help us arrest these criminals.

Anyone?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I can only offer a first hand view and account of the situation,
I have, for years now, been involved with Ag, with family and on my own,
I dont stand out, I dont sell at the markets, I raise and produce for my own consumption.
We have trees, tillable acreage, livestock and are actively involved in varying degrees each year with production in each of those depending upon need.
Pollination problems surfaced a few years back along with the loss of the bees,
although there has been a slight increase in hive count from an almost complete anniilation we are still struggling to restore a hardy bee population,
When we see 'any' bee it's a sign of hope, even in the slightest, and hopefully some day soon we'll be able to see a nice swarm again. If youve never seen a colony swarming around a queen in transport, let me say it's a pretty amazing sight.

Our reliance on bats is also very welcomed and very key to pest control, for sure.
I stay pretty vigilant on their 'areas of occupation' and do my best to direct them to where I want them live.
Of course they sneak into the attic of the house, and sometimes invade an end of the barn and chicken coop,
but it was always because they were running out of room in their 'houses' specifically built for them.
Last year, 2009 between the 5 locations set up for them, I thought I noticed fewer, I wasnt sure.
I was still seeing them at dusk and early morning leaving and returning for feedings and there seemed to be the hundreds I was used to.
Yes hundreds, misquito free nights and chigger free days are always welcome here.
But this year, 2010 I can for sure say something is happening,
I have around 50 +/- a few.
I have no dead bodies,
nothing has tampered with or damaged their homes, (they return to the scent of their feces),
and the four farms around me have also noticed a change.

I will say I have noticed an increase in the black bee, very slight, but an increase none the less.
I'm hoping next year will be better, I save my own seed, I dont use chemicals, I combination plant certain crops,
maintain my orchard well, and have enjoyed good yields and storage yearly,
this year though,
Down.
There is nothing but truth in what youve posted here Slayer, a very dangerous, deadly and lumpy truth.
These un-natural tamperings will reveal themselves in our collective health internally and in our external appearances, soon enough, if left unchecked.
Thanks for the awareness promotion, youve done a good thing here.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by daddio

Limited knowledge shared by the population coupled with fear, distraction, apathy and a conditioned collective mind that we are powerless, is the short answer.
The momentum to stay weak and led over rides the capability to become empowered and instituted mass change.
It's behavior control, and done very well.
There 'will' be a tipping point though, when it arrives is dependent upon the percentage of the population directly affected and harmed,
and sadly that day will probably be marked with a reactionary chaos with no direction.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
more confirmation what most intelligent people have known for years now.

the human population is growing faster than they can be controlled and with no real natural predators we will destroy this planet through over consumption. The irony that America is one of THE biggest consumers of the world (pun intended) isnt lost on me. i agree this is not the way to control the population but these guys are elitist snobby dogs they would sooner spit on you than touch you. your life mean nothing to them. you are simply a resource for them to use and abuse and once your purpose has been served you will be discharged like so much un eaten fast food. they needed a huge population to develop the technology that would enable them to get everything they desire total power over the world. once they have that they will have no further use for you.

this is our fate as slaves. how dare we question our owners. you are all insolent up starts. im going to be a good slave and get back to work before "masser" gets back and whips me.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Maybe that's why the elites are spending hundreds of millions on the seed bank?

Insurance or a way to blackmail the public?

To understand "seed banks" just look at the Global Diversity Treaty, June 2006:

Standard Material Transfer Agreement (SMTA) a standardized contract that will enable much easier access to crop diversity. [ germplasm for patenting] royalty payment (1.1% of sales) is paid only if product is unavailable for further breeding and research. funds will be devoted to conservation efforts.

[Translation: Bio-techs Corporations steal seed from third world farmers, patents it and pay money to Bioversity International] www.bioversityinternational.org...

The seed giants are getting really nasty too. Agents of the seed giants infiltrated a large heritage seed saving organization. They gained control of the board and turned around and donated samples of the organizations seeds to a "seed bank" so that the genetic would be availabe for patenting by the seed giants like Monsanto. This means the members may soon be open to law suits by Monsanto and friends for using "Monsanto patented genetics" that were stolen from the club members in the first place!

It was a Pajamasmedia article but I can not find it or I would provide the link.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

However you slice it. Known or not....

What gives them the right to create the situation whereby they cause the Unnatural extinction of possibly not just one but two ancient species? Not only that, but how is this possibly affecting the food chain on the whole?

@blackmarketeer said:

Okay here's a bit of wild speculation on my part, but take a look at the big picture and possible reason behind Monsanto's use of this pesticide; Most are viewing the bee die off as a side effect or a lack of concern for the environment - what if the real goal was to create the die off as a means of preventing bees from cross-pollinating crops in the wild - i.e., outside of Monsanto's control?

This is a good point, and your response what right?...................

They have no right, but what does that matter to a company that has it roots in the slave trade (The Zionist Monsanto family were a large slave trading house (interestingly that information seems to have been removed from Wikipedia - but found it here)), that produced chemicals that defoliated huge areas, saccharin, dumbing down products like aspartame and now is producing GM Foods (and worse than 'roundup ready' is the 'terminator gene' in some respects) and are basically hell bent on getting back into the slave trade with us as their slaves?

Between 1965 and 1972, Monsanto paid contractors to illegally dump thousands of tons of highly toxic waste in UK landfill sites, knowing that their chemicals were liable to contaminate wildlife and people

As of May 2008, Monsanto is currently engaged in a campaign to prohibit dairies which do not inject their cows with artificial bovine growth hormone from advertising this fact on their milk cartons.

The company spent $8,831,120 for lobbying in 2008. $1,492,000 was to outside lobbying firms with the remainder being spent using in-house lobbyists.

Source

Further reading

You think this company cares about rights? (Don't answer - that is rhetorical question)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

Excellent list to pass on to Anonymous!

Bring them all down!

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
As if there are not enough government safeguards from unscrupulous manufacturers.
Duh.
There are none must be the answer.
The hands off policy is only part of a bail out program under cover.
Sure Defense DOD manufactures have cost over runs but they are bolstering the
government strength. The same with other companies with great wealth and power
and profits.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by win 52
A bad bunch of psychos at work here. The sad part is when one psycho steps down another is waiting to take that place. And, the shareholders are just as guilty.

It is one thing to be mad at a corporation, but I can't see that doing any good. The only way to hurt a corporation is to quit supporting it.

If everyone would start buying organic food and gardening supplies and boycott Monsanto, Bayer, and their ilk, they'd go down faster than you could say "Bee Colony Disorder." Then again, we need to get that Monsanto guy kicked out of the government as well... food safety czar, my a##.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Thanks for the well put information, you know that we have suspected "Monsanto" and pharmaceuticals by products for this,but you see how no governments are going against the "Monsanto" expanding grab or resources

As they plant their ready seeds around nature is going to do the rest, in a few years crops will become unable to reproduce due to the infestation of Monsanto seeds.

Insects like bees and small animals will succumb to their poison, we humans will just die a littler bit slower.

People doesn't get it my friend, Monsanto is the biggest danger to humanity and this earth, that we will ever see in our lifetime, due to darn greed

edit on 9-12-2010 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Either we assume responsibility for the consequences of our actions of mother nature will. Nature has a way of maintaining equilibrium and balance on the globe. In the last couple of centuries, the more advance humans have become, the more reckless damage we've done to the ecosystem as a whole.

In the balancing act, nature could "see" us a having gone to far, and "decide" to wipe us out to restore the harmony that once existed. How would this happen?

It is happening now. There has been an accelerated rate of extinction of species for years now; especially in the animal kingdom. Displacing natural areas with mono-culture crops is risky because once something develops the ability to attack it the whole thing goes. Bio-diversity ensures survival. With every creature that goes extint we are another step closer to a whole world vulnerability.

On the current course, this would not stop until it got to the point where humans could not survive. Only then, it seems, with humans gone from the scene, could the rest of nature begin the process of rebuilding itself again. Would "nature" miss us or care? I doubt it. Would the rich bastards now getting rich destroying the planet care? I doubt it as they obviously have no compassion for anything but their wealth.

I only wonder if it is too late to turn back now that that all the GMO stuff is out there?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by sylvie
If everyone would start buying organic food and gardening supplies and boycott Monsanto, Bayer, and their ilk, they'd go down faster than you could say "Bee Colony Disorder." Then again, we need to get that Monsanto guy kicked out of the government as well... food safety czar, my a##.

Hence the issue with the bee/bat die off.
Pollination between organically grown and genetically modified plants. In the video I posted it talks about how cross contamination has already occurred. I question the validity now of Markets and Grocery stores which claim "Organically Grown" because of that. They have been modified at the genetic level. You can't see the differences with the naked eye.

edit on 9-12-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984

Firstly we have been eating genetically modified crops for hundreds of years, selective breeding is a form of genetic modification. Cross breeding strains of a plant can achieve some remarkably different looking and tasting crops. I don't think genetic modification is a problem for most crops and sorry to say this but the world can't be fed without GM crops if we continue farming as we do. Soil is terribly inefficient.

I appreciate the rest of your reply but I take exception to this paragraph.

Yes, we have been growing and eating modified plants for hundreds of years. A smaller round peg fits albeit loosely in a larger round hole. However, with the forcing of a non similar animal genes and the use of Viruses to inject genetically altered genes into the plant we in effect have been able to make the proverbial Square peg now fit into a round hole. Or rather, have JAMMED it in and call it a fit.

We don't know the long term affects yet.

I'm just saying is all.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Yes sadly that is true, Monsanto knew that when they started to spread their seeds, they knew that eventually all seeds will be affected by their mutating ones.

Now States like Ga where I live took the initiative to ban all Monsanto seeds from the state, due to cross pollination infecting none GMO crops, our bees also got a hit.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join