It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monsanto - Bayer Engineering Death: Bees, Bats and You?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
These mega-corps are the most dangerous and hostile entities on earth right now. We need to reign them in, in the worst possible way, and we need to do it ASAP, as I feel our very survivals depend upon it.

Maybe that's why the elites are spending hundreds of millions on the seed bank?

Insurance or a way to blackmail the public?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Star & Flag all over this thread

Monsanto is just plain evil in my eyes.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Thanks for posting that thoughtful reply. We have no real answers except what the so called experts tell us.
Why do I feel like some sort of laboratory rat all of a sudden?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I didnt no what pcb was.

Polychlorinated biphenyl

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Labelling transformers containing PCBs
Chemical structure of PCBs. The possible positions of chlorine atoms on the benzene rings are denoted by numbers assigned to the carbon atoms.

Polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs; CAS number 1336-36-3 ) are a class of organic compounds with 1 to 10 chlorine atoms attached to biphenyl, which is a molecule composed of two benzene rings. The chemical formula for PCBs is C12H10-xClx. PCBs were widely used for many applications, especially as dielectric fluids in transformers, capacitors, and coolants. Due to PCB's toxicity and classification as a persistent organic pollutant, PCB production was banned by the United States Congress in 1979 and by the Stockholm Convention on Persistent Organic Pollutants in 2001. Concerns about the toxicity of PCBs are largely based on compounds within this group which share a structural similarity and toxic mode of action with dioxin. Toxic effects such as endocrine disruption and neurotoxicity are also associated with other compounds within the group.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by facelift

That is so sad but true.
Stepping on the little guy.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

So thats it then. Our food supply is doomed. At this rate there won't be anything left that hasnt been modified for an evil purpose. Thanks for sharing. $&F!

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

I hear ya.
The best thing we can do is get the word out.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
An article about recent study findings.

Methodology/Principal Findings
We used Mass spectrometry-based proteomics (MSP) to identify and quantify thousands of proteins from healthy and collapsing bee colonies. MSP revealed two unreported RNA viruses in North American honey bees, Varroa destructor-1 virus and Kakugo virus, and identified an invertebrate iridescent virus (IIV) (Iridoviridae) associated with CCD colonies. Prevalence of IIV significantly discriminated among strong, failing, and collapsed colonies. In addition, bees in failing colonies contained not only IIV, but also Nosema. Co-occurrence of these microbes consistently marked CCD in (1) bees from commercial apiaries sampled across the U.S. in 2006–2007, (2) bees sequentially sampled as the disorder progressed in an observation hive colony in 2008, and (3) bees from a recurrence of CCD in Florida in 2009. The pathogen pairing was not observed in samples from colonies with no history of CCD

So the same two things show up in all hives that experienced this and not in those that did not.

NY Times Article on this.

Now, a unique partnership — of military scientists and entomologists — appears to have achieved a major breakthrough: identifying a new suspect, or two.

A fungus tag-teaming with a virus have apparently interacted to cause the problem, according to a paper by Army scientists in Maryland and bee experts in Montana in the online science journal PLoS One.

More ingredients for the pot.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Possibly the most important post of this year.. If the bees die, we all die.. You cannot overestimate the importance of this..

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by R_Clark

I think many will simply underestimate it.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Another Environmental catastrophe that left unchecked by people because of Islamic Terrorist Attacks and Global Warming

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Slayer, thank you for this most excellent thread. I will be sharing it and spreading this as widely as I can, as it's well laid out in a way that people can see what is happening easily.

I'm no chemist or microbiologist, but I am science sensitive and can pick up the jist of things. The genetics in your first video was pretty clear...

...and thinking regarding the "big picture" that resulted from it was, in a word, frightening.

The cogent commentary that followed to the end of page 3 then had the result of deepening such fears for our future as a species along with all our fellow species in the long term, (and likely not that long), as the unknown effects of these manipulations cascade throughout the food chains, (all of them, eventually) will indeed likely kill us all. Or at least most of us, those dependent on consuming what's available to purchase.

Escape? Run away from the USA? Europe? Australia? To where? Won't work... as it shows in The World According To Monsanto, even the native species of corn in Mexico, where corn originates, are now well and truly done for. I was shocked at the figure of 97% of all fruits and veggies are now extinct. That's incredible! I bet they were damn tasty and good for you too! And now I will never know... never even new they existed. That is heinous! What's next? Apples? Bananas? Strawberries?

It also crossed my mind that perhaps this is all to do with the much talked about eugenics programs. I remember reading that the late Jacques-Yves Cousteau had said long ago (mid-80s?) that there was such a plan in place at the UN with a most alarming target number in mind. I think we can trust that guy. Perhaps the fact that bees are responsible for 30% of our food made them a target. Perhaps that seed bank is a part of that... for the survivors... who likely won't be us.

Thanks again my friend.

Let's spread this word.

Peace,
Pixel
edit on 12/9/2010 by PixelDuster because: reason?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   

I want to thank everybody who has replied so far.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Great thread,Slay S&F and all that.
After wlatching The World According to Mansanto I have come to the conclusion that the entire company is utterly mad.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Firstly we have been eating genetically modified crops for hundreds of years, selective breeding is a form of genetic modification. Cross breeding strains of a plant can achieve some remarkably different looking and tasting crops. I don't think genetic modification is a problem for most crops and sorry to say this but the world can't be fed without GM crops if we continue farming as we do. Soil is terribly inefficient.

If we pushed farming towards aero and hydroponics then we could all but eliminate pesticide usage, along with antifungal treatments and we could use non GM crops. We have the technology to offer a world of abundance to everyone and we could easily turn land which is completely unfarmable into usable land as hydro and aeroponics are not dependant on soil quality. This would also eliminate fertilizer run off and with vertical farming techniques we could drastically reduce the needed surface area, meaning we could let much of the land revert back to a natural state, which would help wildlife.

Having said all of this there are a couple of GM crops i am worried about, most notably the kind which produce their own form of pesticide with their cells..

Anyway, if anyone wants to help support the hydroponic revolution please feel free to write to your representatives. If funding can be granted more often for this form of farming then we will see a drastic uptake of it once farmers realise the profit margins.This won't kill the corporations because they will just change what they supply, instead of pesticide it will be bloom boosters and ripening compounds but these are quite safe and won't damage the environment.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Interesting how many seemingly intelligent people are defending monsanto without any real knowledge of the corporation. Granted, undiluted facts on them are VERY hard to come by..... do you really think one single peer reviewed piece by anyone speaking against them will be published? It's Worth looking up the thread on ATS about what has happened to the scientists who have. If definitive proof has been found on the link between GM and any species collapse, I am %100 convinced the findings will never see the light of day. Instead we find pieces in Discover magazine titled "Why We MUST Learn To Love GM Foods".
Watch the documentaries "Food Inc" and the plainly titled "Monsanto" for some intriguing interviews with scientists from many fields speaking out.
When you can't ACCESS the real scientific data, when all the available data has been twisted, use a bit of common sense.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Interesting thread Slayer69.

Chlordane was banned from use in America because it was so toxic. The chemical is still manufactured in the United States and exported to countries so they can use it.

Even though it kills all life...and stays in the environment a long, long long time. The half life of the chemical estimated by Scientists was WAY off.

It was used on Guam around Federal/Military buildings to keep the termites away. It pooled under the buildings and still is in the environment. In 2008 the Water Quality Report on Guam showed it exceeding allowable levels set by the FDA. By law they were supposed to filter the public water system thru charcoal....can't afford that so they didn't filter it.

DOD put some pressure on the local Government and the local Guam EPA head fled her office and shortly after there was a "theft" of some pertinent data files nobody wants seen.

Naval Air Station Agana was closed and turned into the Guam Airport as the "fastest BRAC in history". There is a contractor for the Navy cleaning up that former Military site which is polluted. The contractor owns some buildings on the site and leased them to GovGuam to be used as a temporary school. Problem is Chlordane in the air in the building exceeds OSHA/EPA levels. No scientist would certify it safe. So the Governor of Guam was off island and the Lt. Governor used his Executive Power to call up the Guam Army National Guard and they certified the school safe.

Money connections. Nobody cares if those teachers and kids are getting poisoned with Chlordane. Not as long as people are making lots of $$$$$$$$$$.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
Money connections. Nobody cares if those teachers and kids are getting poisoned with Chlordane. Not as long as people are making lots of $$$$$$$$$$.

Farmers could make vastly more if they adopted hydroponic farming methods and they could use non-GM crops and still obtain greater yields per acre. The corporations would make a lot of money as well by supplying the farms with the various components and chemicals needed to raise the crops (note by chemicals i simply mean fertilizer as pesticide use can be all but eliminated in carefully planned hydro setups).

The reason this isn't done is partly the farmers fault and partly the governments fault. On the farmers side many of them just are not aware of the yields they can get with hydroponics and many are generally ignorant of how it works. On the governments side, they don't give the farmers subsidies for hydro setups and so the farmer is in a situation where they might make more money from hydro setups but they can't afford to implement them.

Strawberries are now produced in massive hydro farms, the yields are astounding, tomatoes are going the same way. Other crops are sadly lacking behind because the money isn't being provided to help set them up.

I'm quite passionate about this topic because people concentrate only on the human health concerns of consuming the food and they completely forget the general damage to the environment caused by fertilizzer run off, the massive tracts of land we have to cultivate and other issues surrounding modern farming practices.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I am a scientist and a molecular biologist, and I must there is scientific papers showing that GMO food can damage the environment and your health. Showing horizontal gene transfer occurs in GMO food, which contaminates the wild type (non GMO) species, even other species. And using corn that produces its own toxic pesticides is for me, a horrible idea. I cannot figure why a scientist would come up with that idea!

Monsanto actually abuses from its power to make sure it only purchases studies that show that its food is good.
There is actually a very good opinion article on this on the famous Nature journal, reviewing the misleading and abusing scientific practices of Monsanto.

But you dont have to worry you cannot access scientific data!
Emily Waltz, a Nature freelancer journalist published a copy of her article on her own website
www.emilywaltz.com... df

This paper is a nuclear bomb for Monsanto. How Monsanto is manipulating even the scientific world.
For me, Monsanto is an example of corrupted science, turned evil, destroying nature because of profit.
And singing happy songs

reply to post by JACKRADAKILL

edit on 9-12-2010 by segurelha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   
So this whole Monsanto stuff is somewhat new to me. Earlier I was iming a buddy of mine and asked him what he thought of the whole conspiracy side of things. So I share with you what he had passed along to me.

Boston Tony 2:51 am
(2:51:20 AM): worked at the bulk mail center just down the street from it...if I had a nickel every time a guy would faint because something they released into the air that day I would be rich
xxXXxx 2:51 am
(2:51:32 AM): CMON!!!
Boston Tony 2:51 am
(2:51:36 AM): one guy actually left work to go there and comfront someone
xxXXxx 2:51 am
(2:51:48 AM): cmon!!
Boston Tony 2:53 am
(2:53:06 AM): he said he was talked down by several people whom would not tell him what they did for the company. they basically told him he was crazy and to go home. said that he saw a few people that looked like they had undergone chemo or something
xxXXxx 2:53 am
(2:53:32 AM): whaaaa
Boston Tony 2:53 am
(2:53:40 AM): didnt look healthy he said
xxXXxx 2:53 am
(2:53:44 AM): man
Boston Tony 2:54 am
(2:54:27 AM): all I know is something they realeased caused people to pass out. witnessed it several times
xxXXxx 2:54 am
Boston Tony 2:55 am
(2:55:18 AM): yeah I hate that place man.
xxXXxx
(2:56:06 AM): lets make famous
Boston Tony 2:56 am
(2:56:35 AM): ever been there?
xxXXxx 2:56 am
(2:56:42 AM): nope
Boston Tony 2:56 am
(2:56:59 AM): place is like it's own city
xxXXxx 2:57 am
(2:57:07 AM): cmon
Boston Tony 2:57 am
(2:57:17 AM): a maze of unidentified buildings n what not
(2:57:31 AM): man.. i didnt think ud even know what i was talkin bout and u drop all this
(2:57:46 AM): i smell a documentry
Boston Tony 2:58 am
(2:58:07 AM): it is guarded, though not sure they have weapons and all that, but definately survellance
xxXXxx 2:58 am
(2:58:27 AM): springfeild?
Boston Tony 2:58 am
(2:58:35 AM): yeah right off the pike
Boston Tony 3:03 am
(3:03:18 AM): we were on the dock one morning and heard a siren going off over there. a guy unloading trucks was said to be talking to the driver one second than just fell face first onto the cement. the driver said he smelled an odor that made him dizzy.
(3:03:37 AM): tellin ya that place is an environmental nightmare
xxXXxx 3:03 am
(3:03:45 AM): i kno....
(3:03:55 AM): lots kno but not enough
Boston Tony 3:05 am
(3:05:06 AM): havent talk to the guy I used to work with in quite sometime but he could tell you some #..he dug into some stuff
xxXXxx 3:05 am
(3:05:27 AM): man
(3:05:33 AM): he place is evil
Boston Tony 3:06 am
(3:06:01 AM): just driving by that place, windows up, is a treat for the senses unlike me knew all about these guys do to the fact that he worked at their mailing center.

Pretty crazy stuff right there...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join