It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks: Stop Us? You'll Have to Shut Down the Web

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jennybee35

The internet will not be shut down. Don't think that. Microsoft right now has presented a "trusted website" idea to "the authorities" which will have the effect of excluding any and all websites which are not liked by them. This, then, is the future of the internet. First you get permission and then you set up a site. Hopefully someone will devise a way to have a net externally of any big business. Imagine a world wide web of free (uncensored) access with no corporations through which governments could exercise capricious control of we the people.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ahmose
lol,you must be forgetting, (or unaware) That the military does not use the same 'internet' that we peasants do. lol

Actually, I know for a fact what they have, because I helped build some of it and I worked as an administrator for an entire MAJCOM and then for multiple MAJCOMS when I was working with JWICS and DISA to prop up the I-NOSC after the ACC take over.

They have internet that is completely "un-tied" to the internet we all use everyday.

They have the SIPRNet. Not everyone has access to it as it is stand alone and it still runs along civilian infrastructure.

Even if "the internet" were to be shut down...you can bet your butt... That millions around the world would still be "online" and networking. Most of them would be military...

As I said, some areas would still have communications but, logistically speaking, they are going to take a serious blow. Now, you can think whatever you want of course. You can believe that I am an attention whore and making all this up. But for those that want to listen to reason, there you have it. No reason to lose sleep over it, Facebook will be here in the morning.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

No TPTB cant stop anon, they effectivley stopped wikileaks by shutting them off on how many occassions? on the other hand there scared to touch 4chan with a 20 foot pole. Note anon is doing the work here such as derailing mastercard and paypal with in minutes.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   
At least agreement is consenting to a segmented internet by support of assange,really though it does`nt matter assange or not,information is manipulated on the net just as tabloids have for centuries and the corporations that provide the platforms can and will do as they please,I agree though the net will not be closed down,lets face it who would even know you just disappeared off the planet when you locally get segmented for your opinions !ooops my nets be...if you get my drift.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
That`s the point!! They can`t stop ANon, and to counterract them, they will restrict internet access and our freedom to `protect` us from these people and from having more of the same cases occur. As their excuse of course.

I am all for Asange, but sometimes I wonder, could this all have been planned to limit our internet freedom?

Sorry if Im repeating something that someone else said in a previous post, I didnt have time to read all 5 pages.

I sometimes think about young kids boarding aeroplanes - and the fact that they cannot board with liquids, creams, etc... It`s normal for them....they were born when the law already came to pass....Do they ask why? No! It`s normal for them....they don`t know why all these restrictions happened. The same will happen to the internet.

I don`t see a rosy future

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by jennybee35
reply to post by wcitizen

See, I tend to agree with this. too. I don't think it is possible. But what is the purpose in all the documents released? There doesn't really seem to be anything that damaging in it, just really embarassing. Although, I acn see the effect of the MSM on those who get all their news there. My own elderly parents watch FOX, and on first hearing what was being said, were all: " Try Assange for treason!". That is what the unawakened are saying
all over America. My parents listened to me when I explained what the docs are really all about, but most people don't have someone to show them the truth.

I believe the leaks are having a massive effect, on making people aware of the truth of how their Governments do business, lie to them, deceive them. Many already knew this, but having hard proof makes a big difference.
TPTB are running scared. Diplomatic trust has been shown to have become military and corporate bullying bribery.

Not even all the documents have been released. The repercussions are only just starting. Many people seemed to expect (hope) that the WL released would bring the Cabal to its knees - finish them off for good, which is quite unrealistic, and, imo, unfair on WL, but they are disappointed and angry at WL for not having fulfilled their expectations. But the cables are having a big impact, the full effect of which we just can't know at this point.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   

I guess I am now leaning more toward wikileaks being independent of government influence. The damage that has been sustained by TPTB is more noticeable every day, and I have a hard time believing that they were a willing victim.

So, maybe it won't be long before The Powers That Be will become The Powers That Were?! We can always hope. And it is much better for them to bleed to death from a million cuts than to let it all gush out in one mighty blow. We should have time to adjust to the new circumstances coming at us that way!

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by jennybee35

I guess I am now leaning more toward wikileaks being independent of government influence. The damage that has been sustained by TPTB is more noticeable every day, and I have a hard time believing that they were a willing victim.

So, maybe it won't be long before The Powers That Be will become The Powers That Were?! We can always hope. And it is much better for them to bleed to death from a million cuts than to let it all gush out in one mighty blow. We should have time to adjust to the new circumstances coming at us that way!

Exactly - bleed to death from a million cuts is the only strategy that might work, IMO. The damage will ripple on for some time. They are frantically trying to cover up all the cracks that keep appearing, lol! It's a nightmare for them.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join