It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theory: Extending unemployment is proof the gov knows something serious is going to happen in 2012

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Disconnected Sociopath

Originally posted by dontreally
reply to post by Disconnected Sociopath

What i think is much more likely is this.

In 2012, the economy will collapse. And that will begin a long and grueling process.

Theres no 'major cataclysm'. And if there is going to be, theres no rational indication of it. Theres only a defunct economy, and a plan to collapse it. This is what the 2012 predictions are about. Its the "end of this world'. And with all things new, it begins with pain - birth pangs, and sufferring.

I used to think something drastic was going to happen. But i dont think that anymore. Im going to think reasonably, and logically, and the only 'sure thing' to put stock into, is a collapse of the economy, atleast by 2012. It would be pretty amazing if it happened december 19th, the end of the 3rd quarter, in 2012. It would atleast prove that inflation.us is aware of that, and thus playing thrir own role in this engineered calamity.

Personally I would classify a total collapse of the US economy as a 'major cataclysm' because there would be many lives lost in the fallout simply due all the chaos in the streets. There would be all out wars and large metro areas would be hit the hardest due to the population density. And I'm guessing our government has no trouble killing millions of innocent people with deadly force if they need to.

My father was just 15 years old when the Great Depression began in 1929 and also married his first wife in 1931 and had a child by 1932 and he would often speak about it and on many an occasion would try to warn me that it would happen again and me being very young and stupid I never took it serious but I knew he lived the worst of it when after an episode of the Waltons TV show he became extremely agitated in the idea this TV show had somehow captured this time period as it was.
Sorry but I am trying to make a point here.
America 2010 has no real idea as to what something of this magnitude brings upon a nation however as bad as it was during the Great Depression the great vast majority of Americans did not wreck havoc or indulge in total anarchy nor did they lose order. I think most folks would rather eat then excercise total chaos and if this country was to be dealt such a heavy hand of loss and the people would do as you suggest than they deserve nothing less than death.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by laughsalot

Do you think the people who had to live through the great depression would have been so
passive if they knew the whole scenario was orchestrated by those they believed were serving
their best interests?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by lestweforget

perhaps, maybe, dunno good question...... but many of those folks lost all their money when their banks shut the doors and Im sure a few made many a banker's wife widows but I think history showed that the majority chose to endure the storm and sustain civillity and feed their famlies the best they could and in the end they became the Greatest Generation.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
If the proposed unemployment benefits are extended for another 13 months...
then the 2 million present unemployed that are being cut-off with 0$ will be the
leading edge of the maxed out "99ers" being extended to at total of 151 weeks by my calculation.

the thought behind a 13 month extension (52 weeks) is that in another year:
the QE2 & QE3 will have been played out & the [basically corrupt] system being restored to the point
of being once again self sustaining and producing an even larger & continuing tax revenue source.
to wit:

What drives the Obama plan is the deemed need for a reauthorization of the unemployment benefits extensions that expired on November 30 and, without which millions of formerly employed Americans will see a cessation of said benefits. Many economists agree that not only does the unemployment extensions aid the sluggish economy at an individual level but to deny them would eliminate a direct economic stabilizer that would have a radiating ripple effect from the base outward, perhaps eventually sending the fragile economy back into an even worse recessionary period than from which it recently emerged.

news.yahoo.com...

now the 2% reduction in FICA withholding that will be with us for 2 years...insures the weekly payrollers
will believe they are 'richer' because of the greater take-home pay they enjoyed up to the November
election date of the 2012 Presidential cycle.

we are being massaged... this is TPTB answer to bailing out 'main street' -or- kicking the can down the road....

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
One of the other issues that I believe needs addressed here - besides the chronically unemployed - is that of the diminishing state of the average worker. There seems to be an increasing struggle to just maintain the status quo. Even the employed are finding it a harder and harder to maintain their lifestyle. Lifestyles that are not extravagant but do have expectations of improvement and occasional bright spots.

In my own personal experience, I know that, just 10 years ago, everyone I knew that had a similar middle-class lifestyle was generally optimistic. My friends and associates were on the same economic level. We weren't wealthy but we had hopes for things getting better. We saved for trips to 'Wally World' and put a little extra away for retirement. Every year brought the promise of a possible promotion or at least a decent raise. Now, the decline seems to be accelerating.

Now, I hear constant laments about how hard it is just to stay afloat. I know people that were never in debt now forced to rely on credit to maintain themselves. People using retirement accounts to buy food. The thoughts of vacations and special Xmas presents are now vanished. They are replaced with worries about keeping the car running or staving off a foreclosure.

Also, what I'm seeing is an increasing number of people on one side calling more benefits, more freebies, more security for contributing nothing. On the other side are those calling for the right to extract another .006 profit margin at the expense of a few laid-off employees, to get another fancy vacation home or lucrative deal. In the middle are working people that are being slowly squeezed to death.

It is frightening to hear people - hard working people that I know - say that they just can't keep up. That they are giving up hope for the future. That it just doesn't seem worth it to go to work anymore. When we lose people like these, we have lost our country.

Is this a grand conspiracy to bring the United States down? Is 2012 some sort of mystical target date? I don't know. But I do know that if we destroy the working-class, average person, then we have nothing to sustain us as a society.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join