It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gordon Brown warns of imminent euro 'high noon'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
BBC News

Isn't it quote amusing as soon as these people are out of "power" they are quick to unburden themselves. Mr brown is no different.

And not surprisingly his target is the embattled Euro. Whether he is stating the obvious in the wake of the German Chancellors statement that Germany is ready to Abandon ship, and thus feels free to join the band wagon. However this is now the second "leader" the echo the sentiments that we have been feeling for some time.

With the Euro on it's knees if it finally collapses, could the USD withstand such an implosion?

Enjoy this festive season folks, Next January promises, it seems, in maybe more ways that one, to be a cold harsh winter.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Actually from my observation, if the Euro were to collapse it would be a boon for the dollar. When the Euro looses value the dollar inevitably goes up. What the crash of the Euro would hurt is our stock market believe it or not. If you watch closely, when the Euro dips, it raises the dollar which is awful for the stock market. Not sure what the technical connection is, but I can say as an amateur observer of the market, it drops with the Euro and rises when the dollar falls.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by wisintel

It could actually cause the Dollar to inflate as euro's are dumped and people move into the Dollar.. if this were to happen it'd be good for the likes of me, an average guy, and other average Americans... but our exports would hurt bad, and eventually would lead to loss of jobs. Depending on how exactly the Euro falls anyways. It's more likely that one by one countries opt out of the Euro (something Greece and Ireland should have done)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by wisintel
Actually from my observation, if the Euro were to collapse it would be a boon for the dollar. When the Euro looses value the dollar inevitably goes up. What the crash of the Euro would hurt is our stock market believe it or not. If you watch closely, when the Euro dips, it raises the dollar which is awful for the stock market. Not sure what the technical connection is, but I can say as an amateur observer of the market, it drops with the Euro and rises when the dollar falls.

actually with so many different currencies dropping one would have to consider what is the hiden agenda? why wouldnt the american dollar collapse? Especially looking at what the government is doing with our tax systemat this very moment as we chat on this very subject

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
A Euro crisis will help the dollar, and it will badly wrong foot those political leaders who thought it could be some of kind of “alternative world currency”. No doubt the CIA or organisations like it (like most of our Western media!!!), could ensure these leaders suffered the full political consequences of loosing their people money.

I guess the stock market rises when the dollar is cheap, because it becomes easier for foreign entities to buy into U.S markets (with a stronger foreign currency).

Of course we know what the Fed will do if the dollar rises: Print more money. Really maybe you in the U.S, are well positioned to use an idea I had when I was 7: Abolish all tax’s, and just print all the money you need instead!!!

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
And hopefully once the euro goes let's hope that the corrupt monstrosity that is the EU will closely follow it.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Liberal1984

Even a collapse of the Euro would not likely 'wrongfoot' TPTB. It may have been an interesting experiment, but nothing necessarily more than a trial run for something more universal.

Some have talked about the possible emergence of a plethora of regional currencies, followed by their eventual replacement by the global system. Perhaps, but alternative scenarios will have also been considered by B'bergers, along the lines of problem / reaction / solution: thus a major crisis could possibly facilitate an accelerated introduction of The Final Solution.

Note Mr Brown's remarks:

"A global financial system with national regulators was never going to work," he said.

He called for a "global constitution for banking" that would stop banks from getting around financial regulation by relocating activities to less strict countries, or by using "shadow banks" - companies that behave like banks but are not regulated.

Source: OP article

Sounds wonderful, doesn't it? But what he is actually saying is "...away with national financial authorities and in with the global". Not a global currency — but certainly a prerequisite for one.

Does it sound like this is reading too much into what Mr Brown is saying? Think again...

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
In a stable economy the dollar would benefit however the dollar is on the edge also and has been for some time. A Euro Crash could trigger a domino effect that could take the world down. if it goes slowly then people will transition to other currencies like the Yen and the dollar but there is not the confidence on the dollar their used to be. But if Germany just up and bails it will cause a run from countries to individuals and overnight collapse then all bets are off.

Chances are Germany is playing the currency markets and this was a strategic statement to benefit thier investments into other currencies and their won't be an overnight dumping of the Euro.
edit on 8-12-2010 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

Just read this article and it makes you wonder ..... maybe I was right to keep all my cash in sterling !!!!

Heaven forbid, it might still be worth something ??

Also find it interesting that the former leader of a completely Impotent and Pathetic party who were pushing for the UK to become Euorpean now says.....ooppss hang on maybe it isn't all great over there.....

What price Hindsight !!!! All these politicians make me sick.... Come on 4 Chan and Anon, bring down this shower in power ....

Regards

PurpleDOG UK

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
International financial systems are huge scam. The US dollar is worthless in reality but it's still allowed to operate. It does not make sense why gold has to respond whenever the worthless currency gains.

Euro is often thrust into spotlight despite being slightly better than US dollar. There is only one reason - Iran. Since Iran traded its oil in Euro, the media and financial systems started spinning all kinds of doom and gloom about Euro.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
A weak euro helps us companies that have a larger exposure in earope because of the exchange rate. The euro was at very lows levels last quarter. Increased profits by 5% roughly due to the exchange rate.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   
germany wants to stop being germany and become part of the USE...amazing..historic and absolutely evil..

www.zeit.de...

www.welt.de...

Eurobonds, also gemeinsame Anleihen aller EU-Staaten, sind für Merkel keine Lösung: "Die Aufgaben liegen auf der Hand: Es geht um eine tiefere, politische, wirtschaftspolitische Integration, die dann aber auch nach den Regeln des wirtschaftlichen Erfolges geschehen muss. Wir müssen über weitere politische Integration reden, doch die Risiken bei Eurobonds sind keine Lösung, sondern wir brauchen mehr Harmonie zwischen den EU-Staaten. Darauf müssen wir hinarbeiten."

merkel wants EU political integration...schmidt is saying the germans need to accept that the only way to save the EU is to willingly give up their freedom and pay loads of their money...

these really are historic speeches

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Been monitoring this over the last few days, seems Germany as our friend above stated is indeed correct.

Added to this,

More riots in Greece, - Sky News
Spain debt about to get downgraded, - BBC
The Chinese inflation rate taking off, and running for Gold - Kitco
UK Unemployment on the rise again. Now topping 2.5 Million and inflation rising.
The Dow rising, and the US Curreny remains flat.

Where is the inertia going? Commodities?

I am feeling all faith is now lost in the currecies and we are seeing things start to snowball! Pun Intended.

As I said before enjoy the Christmas / New Year. As the hangover going in to 2011, is going to be HUGE!

Good luck one and all!
edit on 15/12/2010 by JakiusFogg because: (no reason given)

top topics

join