It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are in the midst of a HUGE war going on... right now!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by AdAbsurdum

? Sorry I was replying to the OP and general tone of the thread, not any one specific post.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I have been watching this pretty closely and have a few blogs etc that people may find interesting.

MGx blog lots of articles posted about the infowar

Declaration of the Independence of Cyberspace

Guardian UK - live blog lots of information about various attacks and also the cables that are being released.

Operation Payback on twitter

Pandalabs timeline of attacks includes down times of various servers.

I believe that governments have already set the field of the first battle and Wikileaks is it. Some of us are merely writing to governments, going to RL protests and making others as aware as possible.
I don't see the attacks of Anonymous as a lesser means of protest. They didn't fire the first shot and are responding in a manner that they understand.
I think their tactics are more likely to be effective than mine are.

It will not change the fact that governments want to control the internet - it will show those governments that many of us are willing to fight for our freedoms.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ypperst
he won't release any 9/11 info.. He doesn't believe in the 9/11 thingy

The State Department Cables just weeks before 9-11 if shown to the world......(August 2001 to be precise)

He knows exactly what happened on 9-11. The internet will be turned off if that information is ever released.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Thanks OP, I haven't read all the comments here but the original post was fantastic.

Personally, Wikileaks is causing me a great deal of inner conflict. It is making me question many long-held and deep beliefs. The truth is I don't at this point know how exactly to feel about what Wikileaks is doing, where this is going. I'm basically reluctant to say anything until I get my own reaction sorted out. So why bother posting? Because I rarely feel this lost at sea about basic beliefs. That tells me this is a very, very significant event.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Mike_A

Right on. I'm tired. I'll stop posting now.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ypperst

He wont release any 911 info because he doesnt believe in it?

Ummm... isnt the whole point of this to show that one mans bias shouldnt outweight the truth?

im pretty sure he'll put out anything he has, regardless what he thinks of it.

'thats why they call it the truth'

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
I found my movie quote. It was from Videodrome:

Prof. Brian OBlivion
"The battle for the mind of North America will be fought in the video arena — the videodrome. The television screen is the retina of the minds eye. Therefore the television screen is part of the physical structure of the brain. Therefore whatever appears on the television screen emerges as raw experience for those who watch it. Therefore television is reality, and reality is less than television."

www.moviequotes.tv...

edit on 12/8/2010 by this_is_who_we_are because: source

You beat me to it
Great movie and probably the only reason your quote rang a bell is I just watched it again about a week ago. Once a year or so I end up watching Videodrome, Scanners and The Osterman Weekend

As for the info wars, I wouldn't doubt if the Gov tried to use Wiki as an excuse to try and regulate the Internet in some way as they seem to have been looking for a way to control it since its beginning. On a personal note I cant stand the level of Government meddling into individual citizens daily lives like we are babies who cant make our own decisions. The level of corruption is and should be shameful to all who take part and at this point the U.S. Government should have Zero creditability with anyone let alone we the people who fund it.

I guess in the end it shows the true nature of Humans in general....I think the only way a lot of people get through life these days is knowing they wont live to see this go on for the next millennium, its very sad as it seems our own Government is destroying what our country is or was supposed to be. If in fact that was really the plan ?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Candycab

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
I found my movie quote. It was from Videodrome:

Prof. Brian OBlivion
"The battle for the mind of North America will be fought in the video arena — the videodrome. The television screen is the retina of the minds eye. Therefore the television screen is part of the physical structure of the brain. Therefore whatever appears on the television screen emerges as raw experience for those who watch it. Therefore television is reality, and reality is less than television."

www.moviequotes.tv...

edit on 12/8/2010 by this_is_who_we_are because: source

...its very sad as it seems our own Government is destroying what our country is or was supposed to be. If in fact that was really the plan?

You hit the nail on the head. But not just our little United Police State of America, but the whole world. This has been in the works for a long, long, long time.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join