It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are in the midst of a HUGE war going on... right now!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Ah, right, I do apologise, I don't even know why I thought iPad, I think it's because I have only noticed people typing like that since the iPads launch.

I'm wanting something I can lie in bed with that doesn't need to be on my lap (air vents) like my laptop.

My girlfriend has poor eyesight (she's in a relationship with me, lol) Have you tried the high contrast setting on windows? It helps her a lot.

Sorry for going off topic folks.

edit on 8/12/10 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Monts

You should be writing for SCI FY channel. A EMP? Let me ask you something, why do we have such a huge military presence if that's the way a war is going to be fought?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Monts

Well said. S&F

I happen to agree with pretty much everything you said, but you did do a good job saying it, objectively speaking.

FYI - the corporate Right to Secrets is written into Free trade agreements, to gag politicians, on the grounds that technical things like terms and issues are not something our Representatives have a right to address with their constituents.

True, I swear it.

...To those who argue that we should all keep our heads down, including WikiLeaks, not make waves or attract attention - sounds like a recipe for surviving an abusive home. Like, let's not do anything to get them mad and hit us.

...How 'bout we all just call it like it is? And neutralize the abuse? This is supposed to be a free country - so where are the freedoms?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by amc621

Because the military industrial complex is an integral part of the American economy employing millions of citizens and ensuring the money keeps flowing through the country.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Monts

Yes, this is a war, a proxy war anyway. One the one side we have the government. Now the government does a great many things that, under law would be considered criminal. Through sanction they murder, commit assets to force a coup, deal in drugs and human beings, and make war for profit. They also have other, higher secrets, those of an extraterrestrial nature, and of a scientific nature, and of an energy nature. Not to mention, every member of Congress is an attorney, and is quite privy to the complete bankruptcy of the united States, and the forming of the Corporation UNITED STATES. Yes, they know about the fraud on the American people, the illegal taxation, and the un-Constitutional things they do. All these things must be kept secret, or else the People would revolt and hang them all.

On the other side we have the Free Thinking People of America and the World. These people just want to be free to do whatever they wish without government intervention or unfair laws. The People know that their government keeps things secret, and yes, the People would like to know those secrets. The People are tired. Tired of supporting a government that takes their sons and daughters off to fight in undeclared war actions, so corporations can make even more billions of dollars.
They are tired of being lied to at every turn, and they are tired of being taxed to death with nothing in return. They are tired of being watched all the time, and felt up at airports.

Shall we choose sides, then? And what if the People win out, and the secrets are then known? What then? America will no longer be able to look down their nose at other, lessor Nations on things like human rights violations, and the greed of central banks. World leaders (most) will be ostracised and no longer be able to show their face in public. Bankers will be forced into hiding, as will Ministers and Priests, and some scientists. We have been told so many lies over the years, and led down so many paths we should not have been on. We the People have been messed with, our Trust Funds have been stolen, our children have been irradiated and dumbed down to an effect that is unprecedented in the history of mankind.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
4chan and all its moronic little anon peadofiles need slapped, they are affecting the lives of millions of innocent people around the world with their pathetic stunt, it's not even hacking, it's flooding sites with requests making them inaccessible. If their actions were aimed at the governments, or the legal systems involved in the WLeaks saga, then I wouldn't be bothered, but what they are doing is an attack on the people, not TPTB.

My friend you are incorrect. This is called activism and is a heathy part of a democratic nation. Go and check youre history and see how many laws have been changed due to activism and civil disobendance.
As for attacks on the people, plz bear in mind whom is really atacking the people by treating them like subjects instead if citizens.
Yes the attacks will cause some distress, but far less is this distress compared to the removal of civil liberites...

omg paypals not working for a few hours or omg visa has stopped working... So wat... really theres much more...im sure u will survive...

kx

kx

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Can't verify this but it bears watching:

Anonymous plans attack on Visa.com in 40 minutes. Hope they bought the right network gear. #wikileaks #ddos #payback #infosec
8 minutes ago via TweetDeck twitt

ETA: Anon tweet feed.

edit on 8 Dec 2010 by schrodingers dog because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Erm guys, can you try going to visa . com ... it ain't loading for me.

ETA: Confirmed:

isitup.org... IT'S DOWN! KEEP FIRING!!! #DDOS #PAYBACK #WIKILEAKS
2 minutes ago via web twitt

edit on 8 Dec 2010 by schrodingers dog because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
confirmed, the pedo's have struck again:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7293c684fbc5.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
The best part is that everyone going to the website to see if it is actually down is contributing to the DDOS and helping protect anon. Keep up the good work everyone!

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by AdAbsurdum

Your right on the money there.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
This isn't a war -
It's THEATER
Designed to create a pretext for government control of the web.
The Army's Cyberwarfare center just went online.
You are seeing the results.

Don't cheer your own demise.

Armies of hackers attacking Credit card companies in protest of Assange's arrest?
Me thinks not.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

Another shot in the on-going cyber war?

Priceless!

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I'm stumped. I've been trying to find a clever film quote that I remember from some movie to post to this thread. But I can't remember which movie it came from. It goes something like:
The battlefield of the future will be the human mind...

Or:

The next great war will be the battle for the human mind...

Or:

The next great war will be fought on the battlefield of the human mind...

Something like that. Anybody remember this? Anyway. That was going to be my point.
edit on 12/8/2010 by this_is_who_we_are because: clarification

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Oh my, twitter closed their twitter feed linked here ...

So they added an 'n' at the end and reopened another one!

Need to get some popcorn for this.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
hmmmm...I wonder where all this will lead?

Internet regulations and restrictions anyone???

And all of you are applauding those that will cause it....good job.

I agree totally, they are setting the stage for closure and/or massive control over the internet and the realtime free flow of information.
It's obvious IMO,
1) Wikileaks not devulging info with regards to 911.
2) Supposed UFO information to be leaked soon?
3) The stirring between worldly powers as a resultof this information.
4) The noise about the supposed threat to National Security.
5) Assange having links with the CIA and other devious characters...

I mean C'mon people...All points to a very clever psyop to me, butn thats just my opinion

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
just like 9/11 was used to enact the patriot act to curtail freedoms in the united states, wikileaks will be used to repress internet freedoms in the name of national security.

julian assange is another lee harvey oswald. he is being fed "secret" information to rouse up public support for internet censorship laws.

i predict several people named in wikileak cables will be sacrificied in the coming months and wikileaks will be blamed. this will cause outrage and backlash in the msm leading congress to act in order to protect lives.

really, nothing new or damaging has been released by wikileaks, and all of this information is basically common knowledge because they are usually reported in news outlets as coming from unnamed sources.

edit on 8-12-2010 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by AdAbsurdum

Sorry this is incorrect.
ive just heard on Duch news that "all" attacks come through Duch servers.
so if you live in Holland yeah maybe a bit, other country`s , nope.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by amc621
reply to post by Monts

You should be writing for SCI FY channel. A EMP? Let me ask you something, why do we have such a huge military presence if that's the way a war is going to be fought?

Obviously to keep the money flowing into the military industrial complex.

If you think an EMP is Sci-Fi, then you need a reality check. All China needs to do is detonate a nuke in the atmosphere above the US, and the resulting shockwaves would fry ALL computer chip technology. Everything from government missle silos to your car's electronic start keys.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

Good point.

I guess the real question we should all be asking is that when internet cencorship and total media control occurs, will the people stand by and let it happen?

I mean really, how is the government going to use wikileaks as an excuse and get away with taking away more rights?

Sure, you can scare people with terrorists and bombs blowing up airplanes to take away their rights, but can you really use an organization that leaks government secrets to take away rights without people getting really pissed off?

How exactly could wikileaks cause fear that would make the people want the government to censor the internet?

It could be argued that stuff like the patriot act and those TSA body scanners where well-welcomed by the sheeple as they felt it necessary for their own protection.

But what protection does the common sheeple need that has to do with internet censorship?

Its like jinxing someone in the schoolyard and telling them they can't talk till they give you a pepsi. Totally ridiculous that even the most indoctrinated of people should be able to sense that something is amiss.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join