It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What melee weapons would you choose for when the SHTF?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by byteshertz

Originally posted by JohhnyBGood
You do realise this is an entrapment thread to get you to provide enough ammunition for someone to come round and arrest you!? -I have seen this exact thread on GLP a while ago, and that is run by the Tavistock agency as a psyop.

Haha, well if owning garden tools, limbs & socks and rocks are a crime they can come get me

Ill have a big fat sock waitin for em.

"Melee"????Stay outta fights you'll live longer.
Homey don't play dat

edit on 8-12-2010 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
A hunga munga and a morning star FTW!!! I just like the names for both and morning star sounds like such a positive thing until you see what it is.
edit on 8-12-2010 by jfitcher because: i like pizza!!!

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
You people and your swords. I have my Car.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a mother #ing claymore

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
in earnest, i have beautiful golden ozark hedge stands, with the most indestructible wood on the planet. there isnt a single edged weapon that can cut through one of my hedge staffs outside a chainsaw. and i could crush your bones with every swing, never fearing it breaking

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I'm going native Last of the Mohicans style and using a tomahawk.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
katana

bc you'll run out of bullets

and these guys not only are light weight and keep a reasonable distance from your enemy but can also slice through steel like butter =)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Dude r u serious? That sounds like DOHS quesions right there. I assure you that the weapon of choice will be explosives. This coming conflict will not be a 300 battle or a video game like that 3 kingdoms game on xbox. Nah man ppl know how to build bombs in America from the tiny bodega stuff to the oklahoma big fireworks stuff.

The destructive qualities of the American mentality means that a confrontation with them is very bad for anyone. American ppl have been trained for many years to hole the capability for massive amounts of destruction. America's populace is a sleeping giant and if provoked will only lead to total destruction.

Cmon tptb knows this and is in a tight spot right now. Their "military" is mostly civilian in mindstate and just the access to those weapons is enough to even scare the pentagon. It is a losing battle if America has another civil war, since every other country will take advantage and attempt to "kill the beast while it is wounded".

No need to worry watch the elite start stepping down and methodically killed off by their own aspirations and schemes. LOL good times are coming soon

Originally posted by JDBlack
Everyone always talks about what types of guns they would use in a SHTF senario, but no one ever considers what they would use after they run out of ammo. I plan to have a machete or ax to use for melee. However, I would like to aquire a katana or gladious, mabey a spear, could be used for hunting too. What type of melee weapon do you plan to use? And please keep on topic.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I'm going to use my hoarded up canned food to bludgeon you in my pain cave....or I might go hoodie ninja on you and choke you out with my garrote....

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
reply to post by buddhasystem

no not that tomahawk a throwing hawk, 20 inch handle with 3 inch cutting head like an ax, but not as heavy, Dixiegunworks.com

Oh... But the cruise missile version would be more impressive, of course.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Anything made by Busse. A Busse Gladius would be awesome to own. Any knife you get from them, you won't need to buy another. They last a lifetime. Another cool thing about Busse is they don't continually reproduced the same model over and over again year after year. Every year new knives are made. So whatever is for sale now, won't be available in the future unless you find someone selling it on Ebay or somewhere like that.

Another cool thing about Busse is every knife and sheath you order will come customized to your liking and the options out there are huge. I'm big into customization so that is a big plus for me. I'll leave you guys with a few links.

As far as SHTF goes, if it was me, I'd go with a Busse Gladius:
www.bladeforums.com...

Here's some images of Gladius sheath's:
www.bladeforums.com...

And I would always have a Busse FFBM on my side no matter where I went:

www.google.com...

Here's their current Bowie knife:
www.bladeforums.com...

Here's a bunch of Busse Knive pics: Be sure to check out the thickness of those blades

www.bladeforums.com...

This is a link to one of their websites. They have about 5 or 6 different websites, all sell different sorts of blades and sheaths. I found these two, but by going there you can find some of their other sites. Also check out bladeforums.com. They have a Busse section there where members post pics of their knives and talk about how happy they are with the products. They also have a section for trading Busse knives. So check it out if you get a chance.
www.bussecombat.com...

www.bussecompanystore.com...

Pricey? Yes, but you get what you pay for. You may be paying $500-$600's a knife, but truly it will be the only one you will ever need. And i'm quite positive if you get the right knife like FFBM, you will never need another knife. There is a lot of video's on youtube of people testing the steel on these knives and almost all will agree it's the hardest knife on the market to bend or break. These people stating this are people who are testing them with machines and in comparison with other popular name brand knives that just simply won't hold up to a Busse.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Louisville Slugger...

Good wood...

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by fonenyc
Dude r u serious? That sounds like DOHS quesions right there. I assure you that the weapon of choice will be explosives. This coming conflict will not be a 300 battle or a video game like that 3 kingdoms game on xbox. Nah man ppl know how to build bombs in America from the tiny bodega stuff to the oklahoma big fireworks stuff.

The destructive qualities of the American mentality means that a confrontation with them is very bad for anyone. American ppl have been trained for many years to hole the capability for massive amounts of destruction. America's populace is a sleeping giant and if provoked will only lead to total destruction.

THANK YOU I was reading through thinking " why are people worrying about running out of ammo if it's so simple to make more, or simpler yet explosives!! I mean come now with a quick google search you don't even need to raid the stores in order to have a full arsinal.
I mean come on, I always get annoyed when apocalyptic scenarios he full of untouched houses, all except the one missing revolver. Now I know that I may know a bit more about evplosives than some
but being able to make them from the junk nobody takes, and allowing even poorly made home made explosives ammo should be the least of your worries. (sorry for confirming your worst fears of America, by which I hope you mean USA not Canada/Mexico/Brazil/ect.
)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Shadowmourne FTW!!!

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
That frostmourne sword blizzard was selling. And a shield incase the attacker has a chain saw.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by JDBlack

I would use a slingshot, a machette, a rock, stick, 2X4 and after that i would use their arm to finish them off.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
For close combat i would definitely use this one ...

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Right now just a machete, SOG seal knife, a spear I made with another knife, and various other knifes/blunt weapons.. I want a katana.. If you are considering one, do NOT get some cheap knock-off stainless steal crap, real swords are made of carbon steel. If your interested in swords of all types, id suggest this website. I also made a blowgun, a real one, not the skinny toys, its just a piece of 1/2 inch electrical conduit which cost like 3 dollars for a 10ft piece at any hardware store. I had them cut mine 6ft and 4ft. Darts I made with bamboo shishkabob scewers and nails. Take care.

www.sword-buyers-guide.com...

And the blowgun instructions..

www.instructables.com...

Deebo

edit on 9-12-2010 by Deebo because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-12-2010 by Deebo because: Added another link

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Becoming
You keep your hacking weapons. Just remember, most cut one way and they can be easily defended against.

I have a nice 13 and a half inch serated bowie knife that has served me well in hand to hand. Its well balanced and easy to move around without any real effort.

i'll battle u one on one with my 32" 28 oz aluminum baseball and see who lasts.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by JDBlack

a rocket launcher

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join