It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What melee weapons would you choose for when the SHTF?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by oaf21

And your post shows me your one of the passive free love for everyone mongaloids that will be begging at the gate for handouts WTSHTF from people who have taken the means to prep for themselves.
You sitting there wondering why man kind wont just give freely because your a human being,hhhhhmmmmmmmm

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Upon reviewing more comments, I'm sure that most of the people replying to this post would be killed, either by sheer stupidity or by rushing into a fight they never had to fight. Guns go through ammo too fast?! What if you don't miss? what if you avoid firing your gun at all costs? it would be EASY to conserve ammo for these once in a while, unavoidable fight scenarios. Yes, some posters on here are weapon mongers, but that doesn't mean that it would be all peace and love post-apocalypse. there are bad people who would want to kill and steal, that's not my opinion, that is a fact. but your Rambo swords and Kung Fu Hustle throwing stars aren't going to save you from the roaming marauders! Get real, get a knife, a gun and a Beatin Stick and hide out!

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by amc621

oohhhh your such a sharp tack thanks for pointing out that the link didnt take in such a fine upstanding way, Mom and Dad must be proud of what dribbled out 9 months after that shot and beer chaser

This link should work if not Im sure most of you arent as enabled as someone
on here and can look up "A p a c h e T h r o i n g S t a r" (slow enough for ya AMC621??)

wiki.cantr.net...:Apache_throwing_star.jpg

P.S. Sorry if I confused you with being a child, your posts seem to lead that way very easy,and if your an adult TRY ACTING LIKE ONE!!!

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Patrioitinsheepclothing
reply to post by oaf21

And your post shows me your one of the passive free love for everyone mongaloids that will be begging at the gate for handouts WTSHTF from people who have taken the means to prep for themselves.
You sitting there wondering why man kind wont just give freely because your a human being,hhhhhmmmmmmmm

ahhhhh, no. First of all if your in Alaska (hahah, right) than your close to this situation already. Secondly, using the word "when" as opposed to "if", you really think this is going to happen?? Thirdly, I am a second degree black belt in Shotokan karate (www.iskf.com...), if you have no or little experience with your machetes and other "toys" someone like myself would be able to take them away in a blink of an eye.

LASTLY, IF and thats a MAJOR IF, this country would ever be in that situation (it NEVER will) you really underestimate how people would react. That doesn't surprise me because your just a kid. I was in NYC for 911 and I saw how people reacted to a REAL disaster. Nothing like your assuming.

But go have fun playing army. Here's a good question, if your unemployed why don't you just go join the military and get REAL training on weapons and hand to hand combat?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by belowcommonknowledge

You're not a jerk at all man! I appreciate the comment! =)

Don't get me wrong, I'm probably being way too naive and trusting in my fellow man to have this point of view. But I'm obviously a pacifist. Sure, hunting weapons make perfect sense, but everyone here seems to think that Joe Shmoe from down the street's gonna be the first to ransack their stashes of goods, so they need these weapons to defend themselves.

Are we really still cavemen? What happened to sharing and working together? To me, it seems that the old divide and conquer technique has been working marvelously on you guys if you can't trust each other.

Oh... and I apologize for the 'weapon mongering' comment. I didn't mean to be insulting. It's just that it's in my nature to despise anything who's sole purpose is to kill another human being.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Patrioitinsheepclothing

lol! Who said I'm gonna go beg for anything? If (and its a HUGE if) this scenario happens, I'll deal with it like everyone else. If anyone needs help, and I can offer it, I gladly will. If anyone tries to walk all over me, they'll regret it. But it won't stop me from greeting my neighbor with a smile instead of a machete.

I'm just saying that I really don't get why people are still in this barbaric mentality that we have to kill each other to survive. That's all. I freely admit that its a naive world view and (unfortunately) I'll probably never get to experience the world this way.

Just giving my opinion on a thread... that's all! =P

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by oaf21

Your on the money. I've come to the conclusion that everyone of the posters here talking about all their weapons and what they would do are really cowards. IF they REALLY wanted to learn about these weapons and be prepared for something they would join the military.

However I think most are too young to even join the military and just like to play army.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by oaf21

Your on the money. I've come to the conclusion that everyone of the posters here talking about all their weapons and what they would do are really cowards. IF they REALLY wanted to learn about these weapons and be prepared for something they would join the military.

However I think most are too young to even join the military and just like to play army.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
If i am fortunate enough to survive the natural dissasters, and caught in a melee situation such as
fighting for survival( fighting for sustinence) or fighting the muslims i will be confident taking on more
than one at a time with just my trusty bowie in my left and machete in my right!

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
The SHTF means that the excriment has hit the fan. Also, I for one only plan to use any weapon as a last resort. Also you need to practice, the weapons you carry (this includes guns) need to be practiced with if you want skill with them. And to everyone who feels tht something will or will not happen for sure, don't use absolutes, because people can't see the future and won't know what the future holds. And amc621 if you don't like the thread bugger off no need to be an ass. Also, we aren't discussing why there will be no ammo, just what you would use if that was the case. And to oaf 21 people aren't nice and while joe shmoe off the street might not attack me, there will be people who will raid for things that other people have.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by amc621
reply to post by oaf21

Well, it really wouldn't surprise me if they reacted completely differently in one of those situations. Not sure I see them as cowards, though. I do however see them as completely full of themselves because they're under the impression that everyone wants what they have and they have to defend it at all costs. News flash... I'm not going to break in and take what you have... because I respect you, regardless if my life is on the line.

It saddens me, because they've all bought the propaganda, hook line and sinker, that everyone's out to get them! Divide and conquer at its best.

Pertinent Song Link

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by oaf21

Just as a little note on human nature, look at the California riots, and the raiding that occured after Katrina. I wish people where better, but as it stands I feel it is safe to say that raiding will occur. Also as a side note, i give myself slim odds of surviving any serious shtf situation. (if most people die, I probably will to) but still if I do survive, I would like to give myself better odds of continued survival.
edit on 9-12-2010 by JDBlack because: can't type

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Sometimes I wonder about the mental stability of all the folks who have their "Bug Out Bag" on the ready, along with enough guns to hold off a mexican drug cartel, and whimsically looking forward to the day when TSHTF so that they have a license to kill anyone that moves.

Not saying there is anything wrong with being prepared. Just saying I have noticed that some people seem to actually be looking forward to TSHTF so that they can be lawless. In other words, if you are -->this

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by JDBlack

Dude, I'm well aware that there are morons out there that will kill for anything... and I equally don't understand that part, as well.

Maybe I'm the only one on here that ever listened to the messages I received watching Sesame Street as a kid... you know... "Cooperation, makes it happen! Cooperation, working together!!" I figured strength in numbers is a far better approach to survival than taking out whoever gets between me and my steak.

Anyway, whatever. I'll cross that bridge, when (or IF) we get to that point.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by amc621

Yep Im in Alaska, no doubt about that one.
Your second point is mute.
Oohhh no he is second degree black belt, (yep your a badass), and he is the only person on the face of the planet who can defend himself with his bare hands, oohh what will I do IF I face this guy, and "IF" (BIG IF at that, but not major) I cant get to my tools to protect me??????............... You truely are a moron beyond reason.

OMG, I dont know what REAL disater is since I wasnt in or at 911, your right, Ill never make it, might as well eat the bullet now and give up, its going to be a long winter and things could get worse.

Uuummmm who said anything about "PLAYING" Army??? Just because I have guns, grew up prepping, know how to handle myself as well as provide for myself, live unemployed "WITHOUT" filing for unemployment, received Survival Training for Xmass gifts instead of toys as a kid, shows that I play Army????

You a God Damn prophit child AMC621, Im sure the remote viewing guys are trying to reach you on the phone, but then again you would know that with being the all seeing eye that you are.

Dont hate child, just because you have to kiss the ass of your "Masa" (Souther Slang for the word "MASTER", just in case you didnt know) every day so you can live and get that pay check, while I sit here, unemployed, living off my savings, waking each day around 9-10, having my coffee, reading news and wondering what Ill do for the day so I dont have to work in the salt mines with the rest of the sheeply like yourself.
Im ok with you thinking less of me through all your insight and how I dont amount to a hill of beans, your posts truely show your colors.
Why would I join the Military just because I dont have a job??? Last time I check my money situation, I didnt need a job, from the sounds of it, your looking for a school mate for the next coming years when mom and dad send ya off.

I didnt mention the Apache Throwing Star for the sense of it being a weapon to kill people, I was thinking of something to use for food hunting, nothing more. But I guess you could use it to defend yourself with.
Your weapon of choice will be whats at hand at the time, hopefully something you have put in your kit.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Blazer

Despite what some would say, I agree with you. There is such a thing as taking it too far, and I certainly hope that the S never HTF.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
If your talking all round survival and strength, adaptable and versatile

Khopesh
and seemingly very lethal.
At present I own a katana but quite like the idea of acquiring the Khopesh and a Tomahawk, all very useful.

edit on 9-12-2010 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
never mind

edit on 9-12-2010 by Cablespider because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Little league aluminum baseball bat...or

Two-handed, doubled edged sword...

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
When thinking of a Melee weapon, I resorted back to practical & basic, something that can serve two purposes if Im going to carry it. I thought back to meeting a guy when I was in Jr High School, he used a ice axe to kill a charging bear. This some how made me think Tomahawk, today there are so many after market makers, its easy to find something practical and very comfortable and a little more suited then an Ice Axe

Now Im no 2nd degree black belt in KickYourButt Fu. Ive taken a few classes at the "Y"
and do have a little training in Escrima stick fighting so found it comfortable to go in combo with my knife.

It sounds like just because someone owns a gun or two or three, a B.O.B, or Dooms Day Bag they get labled a nut, or if they have prepped they are crazy and like to play Army and belong to a militia and spends their days and nights waiting for TSTHTF.
Now yes there are a few of them folks out there, but there are a few out there who dont live doom and gloom day to day.
However there are those of us who dont have such a harsh outllok on life.

Ill share my water, food, shelter, fire, what little knowledge I have, to people who can show me they are not a # Bird (Break Down for AMC126 knowing he is slow and all :# Bird = Lazy, unproductive person with leach like qualities that think the worlf revolves around them), or a bad guy. I help people prep regardless of what degree they take it.
Keeping a small bag around that has a few things in it and on it that will keep you alive to some degree if an issue comes to hand isnt Crazy, if your not into guns then add some snares to hunt with if your a meat eater.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join