It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Left handedness on the rise

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imhotepsol
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

I grew up in Ireland during the 1980's and I'm left handed. I had my hand tied so I couldn't use it in class and at home my family were constantly trying to get me to use my right hand. It stems from an idotic belief that since Jebus sat at gods right hand the left hand must be something unclean.

In fact the movement against left handed people was the churches attempt to stem creativity and free thought within their groups as left handed people tend to be drawn more towards the arts as a means of expressing themselves.

Its a stupid tradition but it does still persist, mostly in countries where the the catholic church is still given license to operate.

this is a total corruption of scripture and adopted by the Latin speaking Catholic church...

I believe I have uncovered this truth about the Catholic church also, but being the deed is done it is taking a long time to correct or provide balance in this lefty/righty issue in terms of population (equal numbers of peoples) you have to love the laws the the bible has though and I love my country so much for founding a nation based on these principals that "all men are created equal" and via all the abuse laws provided today this is coming to an end, (you cant even look at a student wrong now a days) but still only very recently on histories time scale.

the future is bright indeed !

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
just to expand on this subject a little more here is a good article explaining some of the difference between Holistic and Linear thinking.

The Problem With Linear Thinking

To continue to look at something from one point of view. To take information or observations from one situation, place this data in another situation (usually later), and make a conclusion in the later situation.

which is a very interesting read, clearly one can see how this could be used in social programming.

there are other articles dealing with the rising balance of naturally born left handed people and how they are on the rise... just as Evolutionary science is proving the growing numbers of Females born.
edit on 12/27/2010 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Just a quick rant, but ... linear thinkers piss me the phuck off...

Even here on ATS I'm ticked by how blinded people are inside their comfortable boxes.

I hear people constantly zooming in on a complex topic and trying to use one small factor to extrapolate a rule/law onto a wider picture. I see "left-brained" idiocy nearly as much on ATS as I remember seeing at various educational institutions in my time.

Holistic thinkers are constantly integrating every known variable within a situation to see how each weighs and where causative links may be. Linear thinkers are stuck in the a-b, b-c, c-d, d-e idiocy. Integrative thinkers are more like: there exists :: a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i,etc... and they all interact with each other in these various ways, and the things to emphasize/focus on with regards to X = ****

Basically what I'm trying to say is.... the best thing to do most of the time when dealing with the linear thinkers is to just remain silent
It just causes frustration tying to deal with these guys. They're so far behind it's ridiculous.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

agreed... It's an evolutionary statement in itself.

I believe also that there are no "truly" Ambidextrous people (yet) because of this right-hemisphere suppression, in essence I think that as we have more balance in Nature between lefties and righties that it will force us to use both of our hemispheres more and in effect more of our brain power than we currently use. Suppression of the lefty has done nothing but hinder our evolutionary nature (of being) and is keeping us from further advancing the human race.

only time will tell, but the future is looking bright as I have said and via various studies on the rate of left handed births.

edit on 12/27/2010 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join