It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Left handedness on the rise

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally
HUH?

Right handness is bad, than?

you sound just as strange as the people who regard left handedness as evil..

It makes no difference whether one is left or right handed.

And as for the 'right handednesss' being bad, as youve implied. Is that why the word 'right' connotes correct? and Left, 'to leave' as in to deviate, from whats true and right?

I think there will always be more people who are right handed. Its an indication of correct thinking, and mindfulness. The Left does imply feeling, but too much feeling becomes decadence and sensualism. which is just as bad as those complete idiots who force lefties to become right handed.

I am not implying right handers are bad/evil only that they just don't "get it" you can name it anything you want ... there is also a major difference between left and right hemispheres and I guess one way to prove this would be experiment.

... Wait they've already done numerous studies

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I'm a right hander, and I scored a "73% right brain" on a brain hemisphere dominance test. So, I think the whole left handed people in their right minds position is a rather generalizing idea, and not as set in stone as most would like to think.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
i was "born lefty" but made to be righty. i can draw with my left hand and am very right brained. now i sorta try to master both hemispheres. on a lighter note, rise of left handed people - vatican warns of increase in demonic activity - look out!

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Left handers are in their right minds is as general as saying the left hand is the hand of the devil and needs to be remedied immediately...

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic.Artifact

HUH?

Right handness is bad, than?

you sound just as strange as the people who regard left handedness as evil..

It makes no difference whether one is left or right handed.

And as for the 'right handednesss' being bad, as youve implied. Is that why the word 'right' connotes correct? and Left, 'to leave' as in to deviate, from whats true and right?

I think there will always be more people who are right handed. Its an indication of correct thinking, and mindfulness. The Left does imply feeling, but too much feeling becomes decadence and sensualism. which is just as bad as those complete idiots who force lefties to become right handed.

I am not implying right handers are bad/evil only that they just don't "get it" you can name it anything you want ... there is also a major difference between left and right hemispheres and I guess one way to prove this would be experiment.

... Wait they've already done numerous studies

So, you think all people should be left handed?

you dont think a balance between the two is the way to go?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by sliceNodice
I'm a right hander, and I scored a "73% right brain" on a brain hemisphere dominance test. So, I think the whole left handed people in their right minds position is a rather generalizing idea, and not as set in stone as most would like to think.

well there are many possibilities to this, one thing could simply be the hand your mother handed your bottle to or the way you were positioned in the crib.

more right handed people need to be right hemisphere dominated I have discovered, specially from the loopy-loop evidence I have see since I been reading this board.

one poster even suggested that right handed ment mindfullness but what would data or information matter if one could not 'feel' everything comes down to feeling humans are not automatons.

salute to you man, you may have been successfully converted and do not remember it...

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by tonypazzohome
i was "born lefty" but made to be righty. i can draw with my left hand and am very right brained. now i sorta try to master both hemispheres. on a lighter note, rise of left handed people - vatican warns of increase in demonic activity - look out!

excellent so Understanding is Evil ?

I get it now, that is exactly what the priest of old must have thought... ha!

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Well its funny that theres a correspondence between the left hand and the right brain, and the right hand with the left brain.

That completely parallels the sefirot. The right vector of Chesed is directly related to Binah, whereas Gevurah is more related to Hokmah.

In anycase, from our perspective, right is more internal. The kabbalists say from the perspective of G-d, left is more internal. I guess it depends on your perspective. We are a created reality, and thus seek reunion with our source, which is the 'right'. G-d however, decided to create a universe, so essentially, his first action was from the "left". And thus paradoxically, left is more internal.

In either case. Right should rule the left. The mind control the heart, and the soul the body. But at the same time, the left is the vector being focused on. The "body" needs to be fixed. The heart, and emotions, need to be refined. And this world, is the world G-d created. Adn he created it because paradoxically, hes most revealed in this world.

This is the theology of the Lubavitcher Rebbe in the ChaBad movement. Its called Dirah Betachtonim - "A dwelling in the lower world". Its actually quite an amazingly elegant theology.

G-d is one and indescribable. Likewise, this world is one, and appears to have no source and extends on infinitely. G-d completely reveals himself in this world, and we have yet to understand how that is.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

So, you think all people should be left handed?

you dont think a balance between the two is the way to go?

ahh dude... have you even read the thread ? it's only two pages long...

I am guilty myself of it.

edit on 12/8/2010 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   

The kabbalists say from the perspective of G-d, left is more internal. I guess it depends on your perspective. We are a created reality, and thus seek reunion with our source, which is the 'right'. G-d however, decided to create a universe, so essentially, his first action was from the "left". And thus paradoxically, left is more internal

the Kabbalists say what ?

I believe totally on the other hand that we were created to live in the light and feel it's joys.

your words have no meaning here, so no preaching please...

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by MGriff
Left handers are in their right minds is as general as saying the left hand is the hand of the devil and needs to be remedied immediately...

MGriff Troll-ski, really bro? Either someone deuced in your bowl of King Vitamin this morning or you just feel like playing the male instrument.. Or maybe you are just crazy?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   

The kabbalists say from the perspective of G-d, left is more internal. I guess it depends on your perspective. We are a created reality, and thus seek reunion with our source, which is the 'right'. G-d however, decided to create a universe, so essentially, his first action was from the "left". And thus paradoxically, left is more internal

I believe totally on the other hand that we were created to live in the light and feel it's joys.

I was sharing a perspective...My perspective.

Youve been preaching throughout this thread giving the impression that the 'left' and 'feeling' and thus probably (if i understand your gnostic views correctly) sexuality, as being the way of the future... which is why more people are being born with left handedness.

The idea of 'living in the light' and feeling its joys, i think ,could be deceptive. What does living in the light and feeling its joys, imply in a moral sense?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Liberal paganism? ?

Worship of Athena? Dionysus?

This is the vibe im getting from you...

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Youve been preaching throughout this thread giving the impression that the 'left' and 'feeling' and thus probably (if i understand your gnostic views correctly) sexuality, as being the way of the future... which is why more people are being born with left handedness.

The idea of 'living in the light' and feeling its joys, i think ,could be deceptive. What does living in the light and feeling its joys, imply in a moral sense?

yes I do apologize, but I did start the thread after all... Though I am not preaching or trying to convert anyone to a religion or other I did bring up one thing only and that if the Left-Hand suppression was pre-Biblical ?

I hear your perspective and am reading what you type, may I ask if you are left handed ?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Liberal paganism? ?

Worship of Athena? Dionysus?

This is the vibe im getting from you...

no Sir no gnostic here, although I do realize the influence it had on the early Church and Christianity in general, I had read the words of the Bible once and they jumped off the page at me.

I love the philosophy of Jesus...

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I started kindergarten in 1986 and my teacher "Sister Dorthea" would jab me in the head with the fat pencil after she would sharpen it trying to make me stop writing left handed. She did the same thing to my sister the previous year. There was another lefty in my class she did the same thing too. It was a catholic school and she was eventually shipped back to the convent in conneticut!

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Well its funny that theres a correspondence between the left hand and the right brain, and the right hand with the left brain.

That completely parallels the sefirot. The right vector of Chesed is directly related to Binah, whereas Gevurah is more related to Hokmah.

In anycase, from our perspective, right is more internal. The kabbalists say from the perspective of G-d, left is more internal. I guess it depends on your perspective. We are a created reality, and thus seek reunion with our source, which is the 'right'. G-d however, decided to create a universe, so essentially, his first action was from the "left". And thus paradoxically, left is more internal.

In either case. Right should rule the left. The mind control the heart, and the soul the body. But at the same time, the left is the vector being focused on. The "body" needs to be fixed. The heart, and emotions, need to be refined. And this world, is the world G-d created. Adn he created it because paradoxically, hes most revealed in this world.

This is the theology of the Lubavitcher Rebbe in the ChaBad movement. Its called Dirah Betachtonim - "A dwelling in the lower world". Its actually quite an amazingly elegant theology.

G-d is one and indescribable. Likewise, this world is one, and appears to have no source and extends on infinitely. G-d completely reveals himself in this world, and we have yet to understand how that is.

are you a student of the kabbalah? i have some rudimentary knowledge of its principles and am very interested. there is a center here in nyc which gives classes. i've been thinking of taking one. do you have any experience with this?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   

yes I do apologize, but I did start the thread after all... Though I am not preaching or trying to convert anyone to a religion or other I did bring up one thing only and that if the Left-Hand suppression was pre-Biblical ?

I hear your perspective and am reading what you type, may I ask if you are left handed ?

Left handed suppression is christian nuttery, and paranoia.

Rabbinic tradition has plenty of examples of left handed prophets. Joshua, was left handed. Samson was left handed. Theres absolutely nothing wrong with being left handed.

The only case where right and left handedness became relevant, is the Temple Service. In the holy Temple in Jerusalem, only right handed Cohanim could officiate. The left handed ones could do everything else, except this.

So i suppose there is an implication that left handed people are less spiritually fit for certain activities in Jewish thought, but nothing as extreme and dangerous as forcing a left handed person to be right handed. Or killing someone because they are left handed.. or regarding them as innately evil. Those ideas christian in origin. And frankly, i dont even think the vatican really believes that. I just think they want those they control to believe that.

Its an extremist religion, catholicism. Up until recently in catholic theology hating Jews was the responsibility of all catholics. Punishing them for not accepting 'christ' was a holy mission for all catholics. Jews, in a way, and left handed people,. were in the same boat. They were both innately evil . for no other reason than them being Jews and their dominant hand being their left one.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   

The only case where right and left handedness became relevant, is the Temple Service. In the holy Temple in Jerusalem, only right handed Cohanim could officiate. The left handed ones could do everything else, except this.

So i suppose there is an implication that left handed people are less spiritually fit for certain activities in Jewish thought,

good example, So Christianity got it from the Jews... that is more along the lines of what I am looking to trace, now lets take it back further.

I myself am going to look into this further.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by tonypazzohome

are you a student of the kabbalah? i have some rudimentary knowledge of its principles and am very interested. there is a center here in nyc which gives classes. i've been thinking of taking one. do you have any experience with this?

Not the Kabbalah center. Im personally against that, as it teaches a corrupted version of kabbalah.

I basically buy books and read them. Have studied with Rabbis, picked up Hebrew. It just takes effort and a desire. If its there, you'll find a way. Right not im reading the Kabbalistic commentary of the Rabbinic sage Moshe ben Nachman (known as Ramban) on the Torah. Incredibly deep and compelling stuff. You wont find an esoteric explanation of The Tanakah (hebrew bible) in christian writings. You have to look to the Rabbis for that. (as a knowledge of hebrew is needed to appreciate the Bible)

Its a very logical cosmology, Kabbalah. Thats its advantage over Eastern systems. Its ordered, and paints a very orderly picture of the cosmos. From this world, to the highest one. Its also not an 'invention' either the kabbalah. Its an inspired wisdom which is essentially the esoteric knowledge of reality in general. This physical world itself conforms to the spiritual pattern of the 10 sefirot (for instance, the lower 7 emotional sefirot, as 7 physical continents, and the intellectual sefirot, as 3 oceans - hard to debate the connection between the concepts and the related phenomena)...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join