It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does having 1(single) name lock us into reality more?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Seeing as we hear sometimes that the ptb in rituals use other names. Is it possible that having 1 name like most of us have locks us into reality more, than say if we have two names.

Could having two names, make it more likely that you would break from normal guidelines of that reality and maybe this is also one of the reasons the ptb use more than one name.

Do you get where i am going with this?

What advantage in terms of your concious mind would it be to have more than one name? I am not talking about anything here other than why you hear that they use other names for rituals. Like if they used there single name all the time, would they be unable to do those rituals, as the lock is too great to break free.
edit on 12/8/2010 by andy1033 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
You may be on to something here. In fiction about magic, "true" names can be used to control people, and most characters who are powerful have a great number of names. Timothy Hunter of the Books of Magic comes to mind -- he was to be the next Merlin and had about a dozen names.

TS Eliot wrote that cats have 3 names each, and we all know cats don't have much of a grip on reality, hehehe.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Solasis

Yep i think thats why you need more than 1 name to be able to break from the reality.

You often hear like you say that people high up have weird names in there secret clubs, and while doing there rituals.

But i think 1 of the points of a single name is to lock our minds into a now concept. This may also restrict our minds in doing all sorts of things, and who knows what can be done.

But i would think all the high secret groups would have there people, use different names, that may be just what they are called for these events, to break the reality we live in.

Just wanted to see what people thought about this.
edit on 12/8/2010 by andy1033 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
If your theory is true I'm known currently by 3 or 4 names. My actual name was changed after I was adopted so my true name I don't even know other than I'm Ruby Jean. I think i'm very grounded to reality.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I think we have 1 single name is because, when i a crowd, it would make it more efficient to yell ted and have 3 people look instead of yelling, hey you, and the crowd turns and looks.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Xiamara

But also remember often when we go through religious ceremony in what ever religion we belong too, we are given another name.

Of course 1 name is important for govs and things.

top topics

join