It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 Very Large Objects In Space Flying To Earth

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
This should be monitored and not die, I think it would be cool to keep track of this until whatever it is gets here

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Assuming Someone finds credible information on the "SETI scientist" I would wager it would be asteroids not spaceships, I dont even know where that came from. But I would find these links to go in hand with the story.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are

Originally posted by allprowolfy
And that's every 13,000 years, not 3,600.

I thought it was 62 to 63 million years.

edit on 12/8/10 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

It takes app. 64m years for the solar system to complete one orbit around the galaxy.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Here you go, his name is VonHelton (i was close!) this is his upload on Youtube from nearly Three Months ago!

Here is the Link to his views on these objects, watch him eat his potatoes and wax lyrical about them

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by plaguedone
Assuming Someone finds credible information on the "SETI scientist" I would wager it would be asteroids not spaceships, I dont even know where that came from. But I would find these links to go in hand with the story.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

www.youtube.com...

Asteroids? Don't you think the shapes of the supposed objects is a bit odd to be asteroids?

Also, the Asteroid that The Telegraph was talking about, is not nearby until around 2029, not 2012, so I have to admit that I cannot see the connection.

edit on 8-12-2010 by Nightchild because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
reminds me of this.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/af53ab57d62a.jpeg[/atsimg]

Ochiuchus, grabbed this pic real quick and stuck it in Picasa. To the OP, I will look at the coordinates that you posted ASAP. Don't have time right now.

Anyway, here's what I came up with. Has anyone given consideration to a possible plasma discharge or some other type of energy discharge and maybe, if these objects are space craft, they could be cloaked/invisible? Just a thought.

The first one all I did was use the "shadow" feature then the "highlight" feature. If you zoom in on this one you can see that it appears to look more like a cloud than a solid object.

Then I zoomed in on the bottom corner of the pic and screen-captured this (it reminds of a smoke stack)...

Great thread!

Starblossom
edit on 8-12-2010 by Antoniastar because: it's classified.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nightchild

Originally posted by plaguedone

www.telegraph.co.uk...

www.youtube.com...

Asteroids? Don't you think the shapes of the supposed objects is a bit odd to be asteroids?

Also, the Asteroid that The Telegraph was talking about, is not nearby until around 2029, not 2012, so I have to admit that I cannot see the connection.

edit on 8-12-2010 by Nightchild because: (no reason given)

Well they seem a bit odd on the assumption that its the entire object we are seeing and not just part light hits. As for the apophis connection its my line of thinking that they are using apophis as cover so when asked what they were preparing for they can say apophis which is far off and possible non threat as opposed to causing panic about a much sooner threat. But once again this is under the assumption the source is credible scientist which im dubious about.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
how many people wanna bet we find this as a wiki leak?????? bahahahaha
now we know the cables about UFO's he's talking about. no just joking. but i would laugh if true
2nd
edit on 8-12-2010 by stuncrazy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
here is a little dose of reality you see all those other dots blobs on that picture?? those are galaxy's LIGHT YEARS APART the same goes for the supposed blue "spacecraft" headed for earth they are not "tens of kilometers" they are light years wide and long i am not a skeptic or debunker of any sort im just trying to toss a little education in here.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Those highly advanced beings do not need that long time to come to our shore. We talk like we are already experts in the field of space exploration when we are just in the infancy stage. I'm sure that they use wormholes, stargates or whatever to be here in an instant. Some may even come from a different dimension.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Funny! When I saw the headline for this one on my facebook page, and immediately when I saw "SETI" and "Large objects" in the same sentence, I heard (in my head) the weird rumble sound that the SETI scientist picks up at the beginning of Independence Day! =P

It'd be cool if it was true... but until I see said objects enter our atmosphere, I won't hold my breath!

Thanks for the info though!

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I think this is bogus....I did a little research and discovered that there is a Craig KASNOFF (not KASNOV) who is one of the founders of SETI.......so maybe that is where the "reporter" got the name and just misspelled it.

www.planetary.org...
edit on 8-12-2010 by StealthyKat because: added link

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

i think Soros knows his conspiracies

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I meant to say he was one of the founders of Seti@home, not Seti itself

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I posted photos of these things my friend and I took back in August.

They have human faces.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by solipsism
I posted photos of these things my friend and I took back in August.

They have human faces.

Those are... well... awesome! It looks like the death star to me. How long was the exposure when you took the photos, and what kind of camera did you use. Where was this object located?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by solipsism

Did you move the camera, with a fairly long shutter exposure setting?

Did ou use a tripod, or at least a monopod, or was the camera held in your hand? Do you know the generally accepted minimum shutter speed, when hand-holding a camera, to prevent the sort of image blurring you achieved, there?

It is, at the slowest (with the ultimate steadiest hand)....1/30th second. 1/60th is recommended otherwise.

(Those are long-time standards, adopted and established in the early days of photography. BTW, 1/60th was -- maybe still is -- the proper setting for indoor flash photography. Years ago, anyway....).

Thing is, nowadays....people who have never used an SLR camera, don't know much about aperture/shutter speed settings. Have no idea, often, what their automatic camera settings are doing.

BEST way to learn is to actually experiment with an (older) film camera. Of course, a modern digital SLR would suffice, but they are quite expensive......

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
It looks to be translucent...Unless a giant space jelly fish-caterpillar is headed out way, I can only assume it is a photographic error of some kind.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I think we need more photos for analysis. Imagination runs rampant here, not trying to be an downer here, but talks of aliens is a little out there. I think there would be a little more talk and speculation among the scientists and somebody a little more credible would say something. I don't know just my two cents.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT
The only information I can find of an astrophysicist by the name off Craig Kasnov just refers back to the original claim/article.

There is an astrophysicist by the name of Craig Kasnoff but I don't find him associated with this story. Those sure were purty blue blobs though and would of looked whack in the sky

I found a link to SETI@Home, which tells of the Craig Kasnoff.

Craig Kasnoff: SETI

I think they're the same men, but the Examiner article messed up his name.

Still... I won't believe this, unless some reputable news organization relays this. I mean, this article is the only thing. Has this guy notified NASA?

Though, I think WE ALL KNOW what they would say!

Ba-dum-tish!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join