It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protest Idea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
So I have been thinking a lot lately, about what the average person can do to make even a small difference in all the drama that is taking place lately. I mean really we need a large group of people to do something to show TPTB that we aren't going to go into a police state sitting down. And then it hit me, that's exactly what we need to do.

We need a good old fashion Sit In. And not somewhere like Washington DC on the mall, where you could sit until the cows came home, pigs fly and hell freezes over and no one would care. We should have a sit in at the Corner of Wall St. and Broad in downtown Manhattan.

If we could disrupt something they truly care about. If we could cost some people some money I think they would then pay much more attention to the will of the people. At the very least I think this should be the new location for future marches and protests.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Just an additional thought. In my head this would work like a physical denial of service. We would just flash mob wall street with as many people as we could to clog it up. It wouldn't be like we were staging an organized protest, so they couldn't fine anyone for not getting a permit. We would just get as many people as possible to agree to show up in one spot at the same time with the goal of disrupting business as usual.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by wisintel

Protests are useless. All they do is make people feel good. If the Media does not cover it or if it is reported wrong it is worse than useless. Remember the Media is OWNED by TPTB.

After Kent State I was in a "protest" at my college campus that NEVER OCCURRED yet got nation wide TV coverage on the six o'clock news. I walked across that campus all day long from 7:00 am till after 5:00 PM and I can guarantee there was no protest it was a complete fabrication.

I will post this again.

USE the system our forefathers gave us and fight from within!

SpartanKingLeonidas suggests things like forming a think tank, forming a nonprofit, running for office.

The key is to remember we have been given the weapons to fight TPTB, and no I am not talking about guns.

FREE SPEECH:
Again not protests, they are useless. I am talking about communicating information. I visit Flea markets, Farmers markets and Auctions and handout index cards with a punch list to google. I ask people to tell ten of their friends and to ask them to do the same.

Second: Take a leaf out of The fully informed jury movement www.fija.org...

Inform the public and THEN pass state laws.

We have a RIGHT to a trial by jury in criminal matters or in civil matters over $20. Jurors have the RIGHT to NULLIFY laws. That is what "case law" is all about.

Informed jury amendments have been filed as an initiative in seven states and legislation has been introduced in the Alaska state legislature....

Today, the constitutions of only two states -- Maryland and Indiana -- clearly declare the nullification right, although two others -- Georgia and Oregon -- refer to it obliquely. The informed jury movement would like all states to require that judges instruct juries on their power to serve, in effect, as the final legislature of the land concerning the law in a particular case....

Those who have endorsed the right of a jury to judge both the law and the facts include Chief Justice John Jay, Samuel Chase, Dean Roscoe Pound, Learned Hand and Oliver Wendell Holmes. According to the Yale Law Journal in 1964, during the first third of the 19th century judges did inform juries of the right, forcing lawyers to argue "the law -- its interpretation and validity -- to the jury." By the latter part of the century, however, judges and state law were increasingly moving against nullification. In 1895 the US Supreme Court upheld the principle but ruled that juries were not to be informed of it by defense attorneys, nor were judges required to tell them about it... prorev.com...

The Ten Amendment (State Nullification) is another critical issue.
www.tenthamendmentcenter.com...

Another weapon, one every single one of us should be pushing for, is a state law allowing voters to recall federal Senators and Representatives as well as state.

The biggest Achilles Heel of TPTB is the local and state governments. TPTB has tried to control it by using controlled "grassroots" organizations called NGOs who lure "Activists" into the likes of the World Wildlife Federation. SEE: www.ogiek.org...

TPTB has always run the Democrats and Republicans BUT often not at the state level!

OH and here is another State Level idea. I really want to see the Federal Reserve - Hung, Drawn and Quartered - but in the mean time this looks like an alternative.

While bank bailouts fatten Wall Street, states continue to battle the credit crisis. In the search for innovative solutions, some political candidates are proposing that states generate their own credit by setting up their own banks.

See:
CAMPAIGNING FOR STATE-OWNED BANKS: www.webofdebt.com...
THE GROWING MOVEMENT FOR PUBLICLY-OWNED BANKS: www.webofdebt.com...

The biggest weapon that TPTB has is our feeling that we are helpless. DO NOT LET THEM USE IT!

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   

A good concept, but the key difference between the American form of ineffectual protest and the forms that have occasionally been somewhat effective (most commonly in Eastern Europe) is a matter of duration.

It is not enough to flood the national mall with 500,000 people for an afternoon, or even to clog up the financial district for a day.

To really affect change, to make a difference and to prompt some sort of action requires something more akin to an occupation. 500,000 people take the streets, the elite forget about it the next day. The only impetus for change would be a sustained presence which disrupts the business of the ruling class for an unknown duration. 4 days into a blockade of the stock exchange, there would begin to be some concern about their ability to continue their current course. With no end date in sight for such an action, they would be more strongly forced to take some sort of corrective action.

Granted, said corrective action would most likely involve tear gas, bean bag guns and fire hoses, but that speaks to a whole different problem with thinking the PTB give a flying fornication at a rolling donut about what the people want.
edit on 8-12-2010 by RobertAntonWeishaupt because: dumb typo

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   

So, are you going to be the first person to sit at this sit-in?
Just wondering......

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

You are wrong sir on two accounts.

Firstly, if we were able to disrupt the stock market for a day the results would be felt. Protests as we have them now are useless. A hundred thousand people standing around in a field holding pithy signs while some mediocre musical artist sings America the Beautiful is useless. What we need is targeted, massive and peaceful civil disobedience.

Secondly, the only way to make a difference using the system that is in place is if you have enough money. The system whether it be by election or think tank is broken for those without the wealth and influence to use it.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by RobertAntonWeishaupt

Granted, said corrective action would most likely involve tear gas, bean bag guns and fire hoses, but that speaks to a whole different problem with thinking the PTB give a flying fornication at a rolling donut about what the people want.

That is why protests just play into the hands of TPTB. What we really want to do is effect permanant change and that takes a lot of work.

As I said in my first post Information is the key. I setup reference threads here of information and how it ties together. Feel free to use it.

Federal Reserve: www.abovetopsecret.com...
Food: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by endtimer

If I thought just my presence would be enough to inspire the required amount of people to make a difference to sit with me.... Hell Yes!

top topics

join