It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Dream

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I don't remember much of the details, but i was inside one of the pyramids of Egipt, don't know which one but i could see it was egytian because in the chamber i was there were hieroglyphs on the walls.

There was only this altar and on top of it there was a black rectangular box with the Omega symbol engraved on it and from the box emanates a green light, i don't get to the point to open it and see what's inside. But sure is a creepy and fascinating dream. It's curious how we can remember some dreams and we can't remember others.

By the way what's the relation between Omega symbol and ancient egyptian culture if any?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Playing too many video games have we?
God of War?

Dreams. Not much that we know about them.
Me feels there is some connect to those dreams, probably your subconscious mind travelling in time/space to where it needs or wants to...

Probably means nothing, but you never know

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
haven't played God of War but i'm curious is there this scene in the game? That's even weirder because how can i know the details of something i never played or saw in my life.

thanks for the reply

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Picollo30
It's curious how we can remember some dreams and we can't remember others.

First rule of dreaming is that everything requires your attention to exist. For recall, that means that you're more likely to remember interesting dreams. Plus recall has a lot to do with how you wake up. If something wakes you and demands your immediate attention, you won't remember much of your dreams.

By the way what's the relation between Omega symbol and ancient egyptian culture if any?

The omega symbol has nothing to do with Egypt as far as I know, or at least is irrelevant in this context. Everything in dreams is an archetype. Most likely you think of hieroglyphs as a bunch of strange symbols. Since you're probably not that familiar with hieroglyphs, you just substituted the omega symbol which you are familiar with for hieroglyphs.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
@ The Cusp

I'm familiar with egyptian hieroglyphs it was just the Omega symbol engraved in the black metal box that seemed out of the context and gave the impression of something forbidden or dangerous hidden in the pyramid.

That's why i asked for the meaning of Omega and if it had any relation with Egypt. Thanks for the input
edit on 8-12-2010 by Picollo30 because: .

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Picollo30

Hey there Picollo ... well ancient Egypt is one of my pet projects (see blue link in my signature at the end of this post).

What I can tell you from the details you provided is that the pyramid you described was certainly not one of the 3 4th dynasty pyramids at Gizeh because they have no original heiroglyphs on the chamber walls ... all the information is built into the stonework and measurments etc.

When you say that there were heiroglyphs on the inner wall I would think it might have been in the subterraneous chambers of a 5th dynasty pyramid (possibly those known as the 'Pyramid Texts') ... and the omega sign may have been a symbollic clue to tell you that it was the end of what was referred to as 'the first time' (the end of the Old Kingdom to make way for the Middle Kingdom).

Just a thought ... Woody

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

...everything requires your attention to exist....

This is by far the most interesting snippet I've read all year. Collapse of the wave function, yes?

Schrödinger's cat
en.wikipedia.org...'s_cat

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Picollo30

Alpha paired with Omega means the sum of all. I've always considered it to be "the sum of all human consciousness". Omega represents finality. Perhaps you've reached a final point in this phase of your life.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   

I'm familiar with egyptian hieroglyphs it was just the Omega symbol engraved in the black metal box that seemed out of the context and gave the impression of something forbidden or dangerous hidden in the pyramid.

Just saying the omega symbol and egyptian hieroglyphs are the same thing on an archetypal level. Like one lucid dream where I was trying to use my hands to perform telekenisis, and instead I got spotlights shooting out of my palms like Iron Man, which I had just watched a few days previous.

You're wasting your time looking for any associations other than archetypal ones.

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are

...everything requires your attention to exist....

This is by far the most interesting snippet I've read all year. Collapse of the wave function, yes?

Schrödinger's cat
en.wikipedia.org...'s_cat

Yeah, that's basically it. Only instead of a wave function, it's an archetype, which I think is a good metaphor of a wave function anyways.

But I think collapse is a bit misleading, because it implies you have nothing left over. It's more like a capacitor, where you attention charges it up and if goes off every so often. I've been meaning to find a quantum physicist to ask if he would agree it's more like a capacitor than a collapse.

Basically you have an archetype, a series of association, and those associations manifest as you focus on the archetype. Eventually one of the manifested association captures your attention, becomes your dominant area of focus, and theit becomes your dominant archetype that manifests it's associations.

Works that way in reality as well as dreams. In fact I'm pretty sure that's how voodoo curses work using voodoo fetishes of bone and skulls. The fetish is theatric in nature to capture your attention, which then causes you to focus on a negative archetype brought about by the bones and such. Irregardless of belief, if you focus on it, it will begin to manifest negative associations, or at least you will perceive negative things.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by letmeDANz

Lol I play COD nazi zombies and have dreams about killing zombies can you please tell me if this has any connection with 2012 or aliens?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by countrytruck
reply to post by letmeDANz

Lol I play COD nazi zombies and have dreams about killing zombies can you please tell me if this has any connection with 2012 or aliens?

Lol, there are way too many threads like that started by people into the whole 2012 doomsday scenario, who then think their dreams are some kind of omen. You don't even really have to be that into it, just prone to having it capture your attention. Dreams are a direct reflection of what you have your attention focused on. David Wilcock in particular is guilty of this, and then he uses his dreams as some kind of proof or prophecy.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Is this the only dream you think is 'weird' ?

Have you had any strange dreams that you may or not remember?
(There are instances when you know you've dreamed something strange but can't remember a thing about it)

If this the only occasion, then i think you can just have a laugh about it.
maybe your brain rewiring or something

It would however be interesting if you have similar or generally weird dreams.

I do..

new topics

top topics

join