It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S.: Israel Settlement Freeze Demand Dropped

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   

U.S.: Israel Settlement Freeze Demand Dropped

www.huffingtonpost.com

President Barack Obama has abandoned attempts to persuade Israel to slow West Bank settlement activity

American officials said the administration has concluded that course won't work

The U.S. had been pressing Israel to renew a moratorium on new settlement construction in exchange for security guarantees and diplomatic assurances of support. Israel wanted those in writing, as well as a pledge that east Jerusalem would be exempt from the moratorium.

Talks stalled in September, barely a m
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Wait....

­Washington has put 20 stealth fighter jets worth $3 billion on the table, as well as a pledge to fight any international resolutions against Israel. In exchange, it wants Israel to halt construction in the West Bank for three months, with a US promise not to ask to prolong it further.

rt.com...

So what about the fighter jets that were given?
For those that don't remember

Firstly the 3 months request was pathetic and it didn't include east jerusalem, and now... nothing!

Just free fighter jets??????

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Maybe israel does have something to do with wikileaks lol. Blackmail.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Heh, I feel like we been conned.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Enough Said.

Did anybody not see how IMPORTANT this video is.

Lady from Israel "There is no law's saying settlements in Palestine are illegal.

Man from RT "Excuse me, but I have a bunch of papers here from the UN saying ANY building of settlements in Palestinian and Arab land has NO legal validity and obstructs the whole peace compromise."

Lady from Israel "yeah well other people do it! These people are just anti-semitic." where after she continues to completely side rail, I would not let off on that question if I was that broadcaster/reporter.

Are you kidding me?

Really?

Just shows you the real scum that are building those settlements.

Disclaimer, those quotes are not exact, just what I saw behind all the chit chat.
edit on 8-12-2010 by tribaltrip because: Added a bit.

edit on 8-12-2010 by tribaltrip because: grammar

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

There was a con, but maybe not directed to you.

Could be they want to hide it from certain, ahem, Aryans.

The place is being loaded to the gills with guns'n ammo, slowly but surely. This place gettin ready to blow, in my opinion.

Just waitin for an itch, and someone will surly scratch. Maybe the Wailing wall renovation will spark an Intifada(sp?), which in this moment may spark a wider war.

No one is willing to meet in the middle, seems the only way to convince is the tip of a sword. So sad.

top topics

join