It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous, WikiLeaks, and UFOS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Whilst browsing one of the anonymous websites last night(they have some funny pics) I happened upon a thread that went something like this.

TL;DR- create online buzz and rumors that a team of Norwegian hackers cracked the insurance file and are now selling it to the highest bidder. The rumor is supposed to be that there is serious info on UFO's in the file.

edit on 2010/12/8 by GradyPhilpott because: Image deleted because of profanity in the text.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Im sitting in the IRC server of the anon group, been watching it for a few hours. There are a lot of idiots saying a lot of things in there. There have been people spamming to start millions of rumors all night and no one is listening to these idiots so i dont think we have anything to worry about from that post. From everything i can see posting in IRC is saying they are actually getting perma banned by m00t for posting about the ddos's on mastercard.com on the 4chan site.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by WARhampster

nice! a lot of them are just idiotic kids following "the group" mentality.

I will admit tho, they do have some clever people!

they just need to be more sublte about how they organize as their main board is basically v&-bait

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
"finally, go to ATS and post it in their UFO forum. they will eat it up"

Well, we didn't eat it up. It actually went into the Breaking Alternative News forum and was debunked as a hoax within... um, about 90 seconds.

These guys with their playground games need to give us here on ATS a bit more credit.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Julian Assange is currently being set up
and is worthy of our support.

Personally I have downloaded the insurance.aes256 file
and the only content within it I am truly interested in
is that which gives credance to our contact with an ET intelligence.

I increasingly grow weary of searching though the increasing mass of daily drivel on the internet
in an attempt to locate proof,
or anything legitimately approaching a convincing account,
of contact with off world beings.

I remain hopeful.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Until the day of undeniable contact finally arrives, theory and philosophy will outweigh the scientific support. They aren't dumb enough to make their presence indisputably known, and if they did, the governmental structures would cover it up, or make a mockery out of the facts and people involved. We're like an infant trying to outsmart its mother.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
It's hard to understand how anyone would think that generating false rumors would help the "cause" of promoting the idea that the government is concealing knowledge of extraterrestrial life. It's likely that whatever is in those cables is not going to be very earth shattering, so if you build it up with false rumors, it will only hurt things.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
More complete cretins wishing 'to have a laugh' at our expense, Julian has already stated that there are some files that pertain to UFO's but preempted anything major by saying he had been sent nut case type stuff.

So how stunning will these leaks be, by the sound of it not very.

So instead of just waiting whatever these files will be we have to have people prompting flooding here with their crap.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Donegal_TDI

Julian Assange is currently being set up
and is worthy of our support.

Assange is setting YOU up, and you're falling for it...badly

If he has information so secretive of such a grand magnitude...why keep it secret? He's setting you all up..the only thing im not sure of quite yet is "why"

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by PrimePorkchop

I think the effect of releasing bit by bit will mean people won;t get overloaded and hopefully they will take it in better than if it was all dumped out at once.

top topics

join