It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evidence for ET Is Mounting Daily, but Not Proven

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Evidence for ET Is Mounting Daily, but Not Proven

abcnews.go.com

Lately, a handful of new discoveries make it seem more likely that we are not alone — that there is life somewhere else in the universe.

In the past several days, scientists have reported there are three times as many stars as they previously thought. Another group of researchers discovered a microbe can live on arsenic, expanding our understanding of how life can thrive under the harshest environments. And earlier this year, astronomers for the first time said they'd found a potentially habit
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I do feel we will see the world governments acknowledge that ET's do exist. It seems we are slowly being conditioned for it with the Vatican moves recently and now this.

I will agree that the first alien life we will see will be microbal. But even in our part of the galaxy there has been plenty of time for intelligent creatures to both rise and fall in our cosmic neighborhood, who knows if we don't destroy ourselves we might not only find other advanced species but we might also find the remains of those that didn't make it. Think of the toys just laying around waiting for some one to come and pick them up!!!

I love seeing this kind of news being reported.!!!!

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 8-12-2010 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-12-2010 by LDragonFire because: whooops

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Everyone seems to believe and hopes that when they finally do disclose something itll be a huge, earth shattering announcement about alien signals that were detected or they have already landed here etc but youre right, it wont be anything like that at all, it will be microbial.

It will probably be an announcement that microbial life was found on a probe that gathered dust from a comet or asteroid.

I think most scientists already realize that there is microbial life on several moons orbiting Jupiter and Saturn and probably on Mars as well.
However, until we send man there or a probe that specifically looks for life, that "proof" is just out of their reach, at least the "proof" that theyre allowed to announce anyway.
edit on 8-12-2010 by Animatrix because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

In my opinion its already been proven...

All we ned to do to find it, is to look in the mirror.

Only the supreme arrogance of man would think we are the only ones in the Universe. We cannot even adequately described what occured in our near history, let alone millions of years ago.

For all intents and purposes, if we take a close look at humans impact on the Earth, an argument could be made we are an invasive species. All other animals have an ability to live in harmony with their enviorenment, essentially leaving it better than they found it.

We on the other hand....

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Thank you for posting the article...I found it of interest.
Slow but sure conditioning? possible
Either way I feel we are living in wonderful albeit harsh times. The truth will be know soon I hope.
S&F

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Animatrix
Everyone seems to believe and hopes that when they finally do disclose something itll be a huge, earth shattering announcement about alien signals that were detected or they have already landed here etc but youre right, it wont be anything like that at all, it will be microbial.

It will probably be an announcement that microbial life was found on a probe that gathered dust from a comet or asteroid.

I think most scientists already realize that there is microbial life on several moons orbiting Jupiter and Saturn and probably on Mars as well.
However, until we send man there or a probe that specifically looks for life, that "proof" is just out of their reach, at least the "proof" that theyre allowed to announce anyway.
edit on 8-12-2010 by Animatrix because: (no reason given)

There's a difference between 'disclose' and 'announce' . Disclose is the act of revealing. Announce is to make known publicly.

They will not 'disclosed' anything for they would never give the impression of hiding anything. Not yet anyway. Maybe in a few more generations but for now, while people are still alive from the 1947 era, the government will never admit they lied. Ah aah. Not gonna happen.

But yes! We are certainly being primed for acceptance. That cannot be denied. Will be very interesting how the Vatican will fit this into their Adam and Eve story tale too.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

I have to disagree with you, actually.

If you allow any one species to get out of hand, it destroys the environment around it.

Rabbits, Asian Carp, Snakehead Fish, Boars, Deer, etc...and a foreign observer having known nothing of the ecology of the area before hand, would see any of these "out of control" populations of any such animal and think "wow, what an invasive species"

IF anything, humans just lack natural enemies, either because they died off, or because we evolved better brains, while they evolved better teeth & Claws.

new topics

top topics

join