It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CYBERWAR: Now Hackers Have Taken Down Mastercard.com As Revenge For Julian Assange

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   

CYBERWAR: Now Hackers Have Taken Down Mastercard.com As Revenge For Julian Assange

[url=http://www.businessinsider.com/cyber-hackers-that-took-down-swiss-bank-site-have-now-taken-down-mastercardcom-2010-12]www.businessinsider.com[/ur l]

It looks like the group that successfully took down the website of Julian Assange's Swiss Bank have claimed another victim.

Mastercard.com is down, and Anon_operation just tweeted that it's due to a DDOS attack. Of course, Mastercard is one of the payment services that cut off the ability to donate to Wikileaks:
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   
It looks like these hactivists are hitting back. They wont be just tageting master card. There hitlist is getting bigger. About 2 days ago they took down paypal and there were also reports of counter atacks.
Visa have refused put Wikleaks under some kind of investagation and are not allowing papyments through to WL through Visa Card.
Is this fair? Targeting a NGO that has not broken any law...?

kx

[url=http://www.businessinsider.com/cyber-hackers-that-took-down-swiss-bank-site-have-now-taken-down-mastercardcom-2010-12]www.businessinsider.com[/ur l]
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I back you guys 100%. Keep it up. Never stop. Take them down. Don't be afraid.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Yup, I'm aware OP.

Related: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Revolution-2012

Yes just read your post, Thank You Op...

replacement for broken link above....
www.businessinsider.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Lol it looks like they had a crack at interpool a little while ago too....

kx

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Whoa things are becoming quite interesting. I wonder what Anonymous will do in the next few days especially since Julian has been arrested now. Should be quite interesting to see what both sides will be doing.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   
This is the most democratic war I've ever seen. Anon is just chilling in several different chat rooms casually discussing the next targets and the political and media ramifications of each target while laughing about striking back at the people who struck Wikileaks down. Expect this to go and slowly gain power and members over the next few days.
edit on 8-12-2010 by Joehio because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Beat you both to it... Bigger thread here.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
will these hacks make every one scared to put their cash in banks? will many people withdraw all their money from banks because of this? if so, what will happen when the banks run out of paper money?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Maybe you should reference our threads in your thread.

Get a little spider-web type thing going on here

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by lewman

It's doubtful, however it will make them look bad.

And, obviously they're going to have to explain why they we're attacked at some point or another.

The masses are waking up, the time is now.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   
its good to see that they are showing a bit of a backlash on behalf of julian, thats number two on their list of websites that have cut off the ability to donate to wikileaks.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   
I fully support the anger expressed by Anon, 4chan, and anyone else who target establishments that seek to harm or hurt the innocent man.

These groups had done alot to help mankind, to let the authoritarian whom thought themselves invincible while spying on innocents and labelling them as 'terrorists' for only simply questioning their authority, they themselves are being targeted as well.

Checks and balances. Democracy at work to keep tyranny at bay.

But I fear that in the long term, establishments will continue on and regards such attacks as 'teething problems' or kids play, once everyone gets tired.

However, no matter how tired we are, truth must always established or only innocents and their loved ones will suffer. Julian is but only one man. Today him, tomorrow, who's next?

I would suggest every IT spec, be it in the Corporations or the govts, to open up the servers and let the truth be told. IT specs are also one of us - humans, capable of love and being loved, and with loved ones to protect as well. Careers are good and stable, but at what price? The damnation of our future generations?

May It specs all over the world ask themselves these, as we are finally awakened to what had been going on behind humanity's back, and more to come.....

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   
There is only one little problem with this recent cyberwar . Don't get me wrong I am all behind the idea of it , but taking down companies like master card , paypal and other international companies that are used by millions of people to do their business on a daily basis will make one thing...

It will give all those people that are crying for more Internet oversight and Internet police allot of supporters .. I mean if normal uninvolved people get hit (as in I cannot use paypal ,I cannot use mastercard , i cant join this or that site) they will get angry , and the media will pick up on the public outcry (because media love a good hyped story) , and sooner than later we will get all kind of laws passed in order to "protect" the civilians ....

So this is a tricky situation , and if it is not handled carefully , might do more bad than good in the long run.
edit on 8/12/10 by Thill because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Revolution-2012

I tired to make a thrad indexer. I thought it would be a good idea..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and cross references is always a good idea... I think it helps in google seaches too...

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Joehio
This is the most democratic war I've ever seen. Anon is just chilling in several different chat rooms casually discussing the next targets and the political and media ramifications of each target while laughing about striking back at the people who struck Wikileaks down. Expect this to go and slowly gain power and members over the next few days.
edit on 8-12-2010 by Joehio because: (no reason given)

Can we get the link to this casual discussion? I like casual discussions.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

Look around. Look at all the recent posts.

It's not too hard to find out where all this is coming from.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join