It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is anyone besides me beginning to think that 'crap' is taking over this site?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   
So much paranoia, on multiple threads, that each think he/she is first on such and such topic--why not search first?

Too much petty squabbling over who is 'right and wrong'. Proof is required---then too much "trying to be the right one!"

WHY oh WHY do so many of you quote the long- long- long post of another so you can just lengthen the board all the more when the others have read the post???--shorten it!! Geez!

And for the most part if I want a thread to end, all I have to do is *POST* to it! That tells me where I stand so now I've said what is bothering me!

Just a thought!

CS70

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Well, you need crap to grow the crop.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   
whats with the sudden upsurge in complainer threads?

it seems everytime i look up theres another thread complaining about the "quality" of ats lately.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Yep. I recently posted in a thread about Matreiya Gog and Magog, and for some reason elves and orcs and stuff. They are real by the way.

So I throw down a sarcastic comment, as it is all I know how to do. Then about an hour later I get a message from an account called 'thenewboy' (which had just been created and since deleted, weird eh?) suggesting that due to high rates of sodomy my vision has been adversely affected. I informed him later that I believe there is no such thing as 'too much' sodomy (Is that OK Mods?).

Anyway it didn't take a genius to work out who was behind it. So I go back to the thread and post down exactly what was written in the message, and I end up with a warning and getting some points deducted or something. Now I can't obviously report the person in question because the account no longer exists. Yet they can report me. So what else can I do?

truthisfromgod is the type of member who is reducing the quality of the site, and is able to get away with childish antic as mentioned above. Rant over. Star and Flag.

PS did you know if you don't get enough stars and flags to massage your ego, you can just make up a load of accounts, come back on and give yourself all the rewards you want? Message truthisfromgod for more info.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

"i agree"

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by canadiansenior70

??????
wow you became a member in 2010 and your an expert of subject matter on this site already?

farout....

I disagree with you.

cheers
edit on 8-12-2010 by Thurisaz because: expand

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   

CS70 i couldn't agree more you, i joined ATS for the conspiracy's and NOT for the crap thats on it these day. who cares when toy story 3 gets released, who cares about the royle wedding( No offence to kate n will). when will it go back to who realy blow up the twin towers and did roswell realy happen. come ATS'ers get back in the game.

Thanks
TOP-B

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
The only thing that has bugged me recently is the continued posting of the same stories over and over again. Mainly the Wikileaks, NASA announcements, etc etc.

I'm sure there are enough mods here to deal with it but it seems the duplicate threads get left up and running too long which spreads the discussions and opinions across the boards. Not good.

Please mods, keep a lookout for them and nip them in the bud.

There's always been a certain amount of "crap" on the site, it's part of the nature of this place. If you don't like it, get used to it and do your best to inject reason and opinion to counter it. Complaining about it just adds to the problem.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz
wow you became a member in 2010 and your an expert of subject matter on this site already?

farout....

I disagree with you.

Because someone only joined at the beginning of the year doesn't mean they are not familiar with posting in forums, see something as a problem and feel the need to talk about it. Better to have an opinion than just say "I disagree with you".......so why do you disagree?

I may not agree whole heartedly with the OP, but at least they are trying to make a point and trying to make ATS a better place for us all by mentioning about all the cr*p we must surf through to find the nuggets.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
All I want for xmas is my two front teeth, my two front teeth, my two front teeth. - This is the reply I get when I ask my partner what they want for xmas

Flag whore

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Funny story...

When I first came to ATS - roughly 6 or 7 years ago... One of the first threads that I read was pretty much exactly like this one! In the intervening years I would guess that I have probably read about 3 or 4 thousand variants of this same idea; That ATS is "going downhill" and "isn't what it used to be."

Obviously the number of bad posts, threads, trolls, and people who manage to go right off the far edge of the "strange-meter" will increase as ATS grows - exponentially - simply by virtue of this growth. And being #1 in any category always attracts the pranksters, kids, and the attention seeking crowd. But these things have all existed here for a long, long time. And while there are, now, more of them... they have a much larger ATS to disperse themselves through. It's remained basically proportionate... The ratio of "crap" to "quality" seems, to me, to be about the same.

Having said that, here's a thought OP... Maybe it's you that has changed! It happens. We come here and are, at first, are overpowered with information and get amazed at ATS. After awhile, the thrill of discovery passes and we begin to see the dirt on the ATS "streets" that we'd overlooked before. MaxMars authored a thread about this concept that I think is worth a look. It is here!

~Heff

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Some of this stuff bugs me, but I have the choice of ignoring what I read as BS, and responding to threads that pique my interest. Let's remember that we're all at different levels of understanding and intelligence here, not to mention different ages and maturity. One person's treasure is another persons BS. Mix in many different levels of educaion and all the different personality types to be found on a board like this, and we end up with what we have, ATS.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I heard of a member hitting the alert button and reporting multiple threads on the same issue to the mods. Sounds like an idea to me. Also, another thing you can do is do some digging and find ones you like. Bump them up by commenting on them. It'll bury the ones you don't like. It's worth a try if it really bothers you.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
This site is dependent on new members to keep it viable.

Look at the joined date of those creating threads and posting.

It is VERY rare to see members who joined "back in the day".

Oh I know you do see see old timers but considering the thousands of people who did join years ago compared to those who joined sometime in the last year.......

It just becomes irrelevant.

Nothing new or controversial is posted,discussions are just nothing more than chit chat among young members.

I was at one time one of the first people to join this site.

Apparently even before the administrator of the site.

Not this screen name but this one.

Yes I was dweeb and used my first name.

First forum I ever joined and I do not remember my pass word or what e-mail account I used.

I did not come back here for many years.

Since I did not know my original screen name I joined again.

With this screen name.

As you can see I have been around this forum a LONG time.

The same issue was raised even back then I believe.

The reason I had to join again is because I could not one day get my password to work or reset.
edit on 10-12-2010 by Oneolddude because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Be the change you want to see
go crap go
edit on 10-12-2010 by The Utopian Penguin because: there be crappy keyboards

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Hi Pal
Just read your post and I could agree with ya more
Sounds like yer onto something, guy

new topics