It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Singularity Point is relative

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I want to prove that this universe has neither an end nor a beginning.

Start with a number and double that number repeatedly. No matter how many times you double, you will never reach infinity.
Now divide the number by two repeatedly. No matter how many times you do it, you will never reach zero.

Now if you line up the results of the multiplications or the divisions in a graph, you will see that the further you go to the right, the faster the line goes up. The more you go to the left, the slower the line goes down.

If you take a look at the technological advancements of humanity, it follows the same principle.
Given that it works the same, we can conclude that:
-Technology will dramatically increase (we already knew that)
-This is no different from what happened in the rest of history

Therefore, the point at which we reach infinity that seems like we have almost reached it is a point that has always seemed like we have almost reached it and will always seem that way.

So basically, in the near future they(we) will see us as primitive barbarians that knew nothing compared to them(us)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
You just debunked timewave zero and you didn't even know it lol

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Did I? I am not sure.
I think Timewave Zero would measure the variation in increase of novelty, not the increase itself (since my theory says novelty will always increase).
I assume that Timewave Zero relates to [the increase in novelty] as the fibonacci series relates to phi.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Well according to timewave, it will reach a singularity on dec 21 2012. But if you just proved that it's impossible to reach the singularity, then timewave cannot be accurate.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
My theory about the universe is simliar to yours.

I don't think it has a beginning or an end. But assume we could travel through it, I think that eventually, would would end up traveling through the same area, like a closed loop. Run your mouse points along the screen, it hits the edge, and if you could keep going, it'd come out the opposite side of the screen. I think that is how our universe works. How can something be infinite, I've never been able to grasp the concept that you can just go forever.... But then again, how was it all made to begin with. Life is a very strange thing, and I don't think we will ever solve how we came into being.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Ah, I now see your point about Timewave Zero.
I'm not sure if we will ever be at the beginning again, because that would mean there is somepoint in which we go back.
I think we are constantly seeing variations of the same thing, like in a Mandelbrot.
vimeo.com...

new topics

top topics

join